Can't uninstall PS2

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by OmnicronPsy, Oct 1, 2015.

1. OmnicronPsy

Hello everyone.

I would like to uninstall PS2, but the uninstaller.exe always reports an error:

Microsoft Vusial C++ Runtime Libary

Runtime Error

Program: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Uninstaller-2128.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
    unusal way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

every time i try to run the uninstaller.exe manually from the PS2-Folder, or when im trying to uninstall it with CCleaner or even with the Control Panel.

I hope someone can help me out.
  2. Lord_Mogul

You can always just delete the folder. It won't cause any issues.
    If you run the uninstaller in the programs list in the control panel afterwards it will tell you, that the program has gone and asks you to remove the entry from the list.
    • Up x 1
  3. OmnicronPsy

Thank you very much Lord_Mogul! It worked!
  4. Dooh

Hello, I have exactly the same problem.

I want to play and when I press play then logging in, my game always crashed. I tried to uninstall and I had the same problem. I did what you suggest but when I reinstall PS2 then the problem is still here.

Its not a computer problem, I used to play ultra in october 2015 (2 month ago) and everythin was fine.

The support takes too long to answer me and I didnt play for a while and cant wait ^^

If anybody has the solution feel free to tell me :D

Thank you ))
  5. Unilize

Just use the Planetside 2 installer "PS2_setup". There you can choose to either install, repair or uninstall Planetside 2.
  6. Jacky Pleased

HELP ME UNINSTALL IT!! I HATE IT I USED THE PS2 SET UP BUT IT'S NOT WORKING. HELPPPPPPP!!!!!
  7. DarkJoker643

Thanks, it worked for me as well!
  8. Armcross

9. Gledsche

I have the same problem with deleting or uninstalling ps2 but the error notification comes every time again. [IMG][IMG][IMG]
  10. Blue_Lion

same problem.
    The unistaller crashed without doing anything. Could not delete the folder because a file was open in another program. Turns out battleye the anti cheat program that runs in the background and can not be stopped is what keeps you from deleting the folder. I was able to go in the folder and delete every thing but the file PlanetSide2_x64_BE that is running in battleye. Battleye does not show up in task manager so can not be shut down to allow its deletion.

(Was doing an uninstall as part of trouble shooting to figure out why planetside2 was not launching, none of the ways I could find that should make it work worked. So was going to uninstall and reinstall to try to fix it.)

Looking in to it looks like it takes a uninstall program to run right to remove program, some people were complaing about having to redownload a game just to remove the battleye file in the game folder.
  11. vygr

You can also start the launcher and then click the little wrench icon in the lower left-hand corner, there you'll see Uninstall option.
  12. Redfeather1975

Please help. I cannot uninstall.

I filled a support ticket with the only option I could "saying it won't download" and the response was to delete the folder.

Now the folder is gone and windows is telling me it's stil installed and I can't install it! It is even worse now!!!!!