Can't shoot anything farther than close range with T7 Mini Chaingun

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by ttown44, Jan 18, 2017.

1. ttown44

Wtf is it just me or did they also really nerf the T7 Mini Chaingun. It feels inaccurate as hell I can hardly kill targets at medium range let alone long range it literally feels like I'm shooting an lmg with the accuracy of a shotgun. I guess the only way to make the gun somewhat good is to equip laser sight to be decent at close range even though it will definitely get outmatched by other shotguns anyway. Why can't the devs just keep the gun as accurate as before but instead they changed the CoF to something ridiculously high and ADS barely helps at all.

I used to auraxium this weapon and it felt like a fun weapon to use but now it feels downright pathetic
  2. Slamz

According to the patch notes they didn't touch the aiming COF, just the hipfire COF (and "Walking hipfire" was actually improved, and there is no more COF bloom). I always aim out of habit so I don't think I've noticed any difference. I also never use laser sights, partially because I don't hipfire but mostly because I have always found the minigun intolerable without the "ballistic rapid refire toggle" attachment.

It still has pretty much the same niche as always, to me, which is a sort of mid to short range gun best used against groups of people who ideally are fighting someone else, facing a different direction.

Maybe I should try the laser sights and engage in more walking hipfire but I guess I've never understood why anyone hipfires in this game.
  3. Eternaloptimist

Is this after extensive testing or a relatively short experience? Because I guess it could be RNG effect. Example - I can usually do jack-all with a shotty but a while back I killed five guys off the bat. All pre-nerf experiences - pure RNG and not been repeated.
  4. Klondor

After over 5,412 combined kills with the mini chaingun and AE chaingun, i can confirm. This gun is only good at shooting people in the back who are busy with something else, it's an assist gun. It's a novelty, it will never be competitive like it should.
  5. BrbImAFK

Yes. You poor TR are so badly off with your gun that can kill things. How about the poor VS and their Lasher, which is only good if spammed in groups and even then won't get any kills if the enemies are paying attention. :p
  6. sovietwarbear NL

i have no probleem to hit ppl at mid so far for me it stil feel seme gun
  7. Teadude

boohoo. heavy guns are special. we have a lasher that shoots rocks. if i went up against a t7 with a lasher, i'd lose.

gitgud
  8. Klondor

You can stop ignoring the fact that the lasher doesnt even need line of sight for kills.
    git gud. And get free kills like i just proved you can.
  9. BrbImAFK

I don't think that people complain that the Lasher is bad per se.... it's more that it's massively situational. If you get into an actual fight, you're probably going to lose. About all it's good for is if you can find a choke, get out of line of sight, and spam away. And even then, unless you've got more than one Lasher doing it, even a half-competent player can simply step out, tank the damage, and shoot you to death before you can kill him. And don't even get me started on the scary CQC BA Infils.... they'll step out and OHK you long before you can do enough damage to take them out.

In addition, I dunno what server you play on, but if you tried that crap on Miller, you'd have been dead. A lot. Look at your starting clip for example. You just stood still on that rock and spammed away. I'd have been sniped like a dozen times over if I'd tried that! And your ENEMIES! Dear GOD, they're dumb.... half of them didn't even bother to try to take you out! Sorry, but that clip has done nothing to change my opinion of the Lasher - only my opinion of 'Muricans! :p
  10. SupaFlea

you have ignore your natural urge to aim for the head with MCG remember, you dont get the HS bonus dmg with you just get regular dmg, so your missing more shots just for the same amount of dmg
  11. Klondor

Yeah, I play on both Connery and Emerald and i will say, i got extremely lucky in the opening. I normally get instafarked by anyone using a sniper, TR dont really use snipers as much as NC and VS do i've found, but when TR does, they use too many. I will admit, TR are not bright players in general i've found after playing them for 4 years... but hey, when they're not being angry little sh-ts, they're typically some fun people.