Can't save loggin details at launchpad or reverse tank controls in game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kite Carling, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Kite Carling

Pretty much as the title states. I've tried unchecking read-only from the computer menu and given it admin access, but no dice.

Any help out there. It's pretty annoying to have to reselect all these options.

Do I need to change stuff in my admin account under win7?
  2. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

There are a few different things that can be causing these issues for you, so you may need to try a few steps to get it fixed.

1.) Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate and delete the following files

PlanetSide2.exe
    ActivityUserData.ini
    LaunchPad-user.ini
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    SoundSettings.xml
    UserOptions.ini
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.

2.) You may need to clear the cache settings for the launch pad by going to the launchpad.libs folder in your PlanetSide 2 directory and delete the launchpad.cache folder then try accessing the game once again.

3.) The launcher may have been corrupted and will need to be repaired before it will work correctly. You can repair the launcher with the launcher set up file from the following link: https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_setup.exe