Can't play one character.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Golfith, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Golfith

I can't play one of my characters. The two others work, but when I try to log on to my main the game freezes and then crashes. I have tried re-installing my client, disabling my firewall, and even logging in on a friends computer, but nothing seems to work.

Is there any way to fix this? I would like to be able to play my main again.
  2. Drakeir

I am having this exact same issue.
  3. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Try this. Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate and delete the following files

PlanetSide2.exe
    UserOptions.ini
    SoundSettings.xml
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.

Let me know if that helps.
  4. Golfith

I just tried your suggestion, but there was no change. I still can't log in to my main.
  5. Paessi

I tried Jesse's trick as well, but still my game keeps crashing to desktop roughly after 5 minutes of playing... every single time after the latest patch. I was in the beta and I've been playing previously with no problems at all. Sadly this continuous crashing makes the game unplayable ;_; hopefully there will be a fix soon.
  6. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Darn, although if it's only been happening since the last patch, I might have a few more tricks up my sleeve. When we perform updates the executable files are tweaked just enough to throw anti-virus software for a loop, it's entirely possible that that particular character's traffic of information is being blocked by a security program.

Make sure that you have launchpad.exe, awesomiumprocess.exe, and planetside2.exe added as exceptions in any Firewall/Anti-Virus software you currently are running in order to ensure that the game will run correctly with this kind of software running in the background.

PS2 & Anti-virus software

Let me know if that helps.
  7. Golfith

I have made sure that launchpad.exe, awesomiumprocess.exe, and planetside2.exe were added to the exceptions, but it still didn't work. I have also entirely disabled the firewall, but that didn't work either.
  8. Snowmen

I am also experiencing this issue too. Started after the patch. I've tried all of the above solutions and also checked/opened the appropriate ports on my router. But still no joy. :(
  9. codeForge

I put up one potential fix tonight, but I'm only 30% confident it will help. Could those of you having issues with particular characters please PM me the names of those characters and your account names? I'll get folks looking into your specific cases.

And, as always, thanks.
    • Up x 1
  10. spectR89

im currently having issues with my spectR89 character on Briggs - crashes at 98% loading into the world... everytime.. since saturday afternoon...