CAN'T MOVE CHARACTER!!!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MrMonkeylord, Dec 1, 2012.

1. MrMonkeylord

hello everyone, i just got planetside 2. Well... the 2nd time i got planetside 2. I tried reinstalling the game because it had a problem. The problem wasnt starting up the game or anything, it launches fine. But when i go in game, everything works in the menu's, but when I'm actual playing the game, i cant move my character at all or shoot at all. I have to force quit everything in order to get back to my desktop. When I'm in the menu's i can click and buy stuff and everything, but when im actually playing, everything becomes unresponsive. I can look anywhere because my mouse has to look around and it doesnt work. I can't walk anywhere because my keyboard becomes unresponsive aswell. But the keyboard and mouse still work. i can adjust the sound with my keyboard and force quit everything using a combo on the keyboard. but my mouse and my keyboard just won't do anything to the game. I've downloaded and redownloaded the game but i am still having the same problem. I had steam verify the game cache files and everytime I do it says 4 files don't pass, 2 files don't pass, or 1 files don't pass. It says it redownloads the corrupt files but when i try to play it, same problem, and when i verify it again, it says there corrupt again. Please help if you know the solution to this or try to get some planetside 2 operators to help me fix this. This would be a massive waste of time and hard drive space if no1 can/will fix this.
  2. Dervishkid

What's your keyboard mouse pc set ect. Tell us these things and we might be able to help
  3. supahitecjetfyta

do you have a mouse cursor when you cant move? if so hit alt.
    alt toggles the cursor and disables movement while its up. happens if you alt tab or alt f etc too.
    probably not the problem but have a look anyway, theres a lot of should be so simple things that arent so simple in this game.
  4. MrMonkeylord

no matter what button i press, the game does not respond to it. And there is no cursor, the aiming reticules are there and no cursor. The rest of my comp responds to my mouse and keyboard but just not the game.
  5. Scorponok

are you running windows 8?
  6. MrMonkeylord

7. Gobmi

8. MrMonkeylord

wow. I didnt know it was that bad. Thanks for all your help, but i tried that too...D:
    do u think i should unistall and reinstall the game using the launcher instead of steam??
    I'll try
  9. MrMonkeylord

checked the game files using the launcher. Says all files are up to date
  10. Scorponok

well if you used that steam thing it might have corrupted the files somehow...i dunno theres a reason i dont run this game throu steam..
  11. MrMonkeylord

I redownloaded the game using the launcher and not steam. Still doesn't work
  12. Scorponok

that seems strange, same issue?
  13. TehGuy

removes mouselook ability, does not hinder movement ability (you're just limited to forward, back, and strafe)

The deconstruction window, however, will disable movement when you deconstruct your vehicle for some odd reason
  14. Volvictwist

I having the exact same problem. I've tried everything from re-installing the game to updating my drivers. I've even tried everything I can in game such as redeploying, spawning at a spawn beacon and deploying from orbit.. Nothing works. I can see my cross hairs, all the UI and I can see people moving on the mini map. My camera just gets fixed to a set point looking at the ground and I can't look around or move. People say they can see me moving from there point of view but to me, I'm not moving at all.
  15. Cimota

So What Keyboard are you actually using ? make model etc same for the Mouse.
  16. Volvictwist

It's not the keyboard/mouse (Razer Deathadder and Razer Blackwidow). The problem has only appeared today and I've been playing since launch. Also both Keyboard/mouse work perfectly fine on everything else. I've logged on again and everyone in my outfits says I move when i press WASD but on my screen nothing happens. As for the mouse I can still Cycle weapons and use my key binds. I've also noticed my orange dot (My Player) move on the mini map, when I try to move.
  17. Gobmi

It would be still a good idea to try with a different keyboard..maybe some basic one so that option could be eliminated.
  18. Volvictwist

Just tried a keyboard which costed £4.. Haha! Can't get much more basic than that, however the problem still persists /Sadface
  19. NEWSKIS

Does it allow you to spawn so you can see the reticle, but it looks like you are staring straight down at the bottom of the spawn tube?

If thats the case I doubt its your keyboard/mouse. Occasionally when I spawn, I get that, but it only lasts a few seconds, then it switches me to the forward looking view like it should. I don't have an answer for you if this is the case, but it would seem its a bug more than anything.
  20. Volvictwist

I know what you're talking about, it happened in past and it fixed itself. However this time its different it, does the same thing but nothing I've tried fixes it. I've left the game on for about 1hr, just in case and nothing changes. I totally understand its a bug and since its new title it'll still have bugs. However I physically can't play the game, hopefully it's fixed soon. :D