Can't Find a Fun Class

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Talis, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Pointyguide2

Join an outfit.
    When you come online join a platoon that is doing something
    like crazy missions of infiltrates only or pulling 48 flashes. Or 48 reavers.
    You must find one platoon during your playtime
    it gives you more xp as the xp for supporting squad mates is higher plus people running boosts and make sure to find a platoon that is talking on in game chat not in teamspeak or yahoo messenger conversation. Otherwise you won't know what's going on
  2. Liewec123

thats actually a hot topic and something many of us agree should change, its just not practical, if they wanted to limit it then they failed, since you can run back and resupply so it just adds a pointless hoop to jump through, it'd be better to just slap a 30 second cooldown on it.
    ta-da! its still not spammable but we're saved the annoying walk for a resupply just because we want to put it somewhere else.
  3. Demigan

First off, you have low FPS, so whatever you do, you'll need to dictate the fight. If someone else dictates the fight, your low FPS will often mean you are dead by the time the first hit registers on your PC and brain.

LA:
    Short version: Dictate the fight with Drifter, MAX that baby out instantly if you start using it.
    Get height, stay high, drop down where you can dictate the fight, then get height again.
    LA has the worst arsenal, any weapon on him can be found on someone else with more tools. That Jumpjet is your only advantage to exploit!
    Look at LA guides for how to use it.

Loadouts:
    C4 is a must, if only because there's no real good alternative
    Carbines are great, just make sure you get your distance right. There's long-range, medium range and short-range Carbines, check the stats so you know which is which, then use them appropriately. Using a weapon outside of it's ideal range is detrimental if you don't have the right FPS to play competetively. Great for perch-fighting where you get on a high spot and fire at unsuspecting enemies.
    SMG's work similar, but are always CQC. I would prefer Carbines though, if you go CQC a shotgun is probably better. Save SMG's for infiltrator fighting.
    Shotguns are thought to be OP by many, their only real advantage is a high damage per clip. Also these require you to be able to dictate the fight 100% in your favor, misjudge the distance once and any other weapon can kill you faster than you them.
    Pump-Actions have a higher pump-time between shots than many weapons TTK, so don't be surprised to be killed before your second shot. Use it as a surprise weapon, but make sure you get that kill.
    Automatic shotguns are the best 1v1 or 1v2 weapons, seeing your problems with FPS in big fights you might like this one. Aim in their general direction and hold the trigger. For best results you need to aim, but seeing your FPS you might not have that luxury. It reduces missing a fight because you couldn't track them as well, but it won't make you much better than them if you can't aim while you are at it.
    Semi-Auto's are a favorite of mine, but might not be for you due to the FPS. The biggest clips and great refire rate allow for easy 2-shot kills, and a good headshot at close range gives you a OHK. Automatics go through their ammo to fast for my taste, semi-auto's allow for a much higher accuracy and damage with each shot, and you run much less risk of running out during a battle.
    Implants: use either sensor shield level 3 to avoid recon darts etc, maybe one of the implants that shows if you've been spotted or not, or use a regen implant. For regen implants I use implant level 2, good enough heal for your bucks without sucking away your energy.
    Suit slot:
    Nanoweave is great.The ability to get a few more hits is especially handy with a low FPS. Gives you more time to react and fight back, or kill an enemy if your FPS is in the way.
    Adrenalin pump gives a tiny advantage, but an advantage nonetheless. If you really must dictate fights, this tiny edge can help.
    Grenade bandolier could be a good suit slot for you as well. Rather than engaging with your weapons, toss a few grenades in before going down and ruining your FPS. If you are good, you might want to try Flash or Smoke Grenades to confuse enemies before killing them. Flash would be preferred, as your FPS might get too much of a hit with Smoke.

Long version:
    The default is good, it's great, but the Drifter is, for me, where it's at. First small advantages: You can go backwards/sideways at sprint speed and clear low obstacles without losing speed like with the other two jumpjets. The default is more a combat-jumpjet for quickly getting in and out of fights, scaling buildings and a more high-speed attack tool. It was the first thing I ever maxed and I've never, ever regretted it. But you need to dictate the fight, and then the Drifter and it's slower game-play is what you need.

Big advantages: with height, this thing can get you anywhere, if you MAX it out, and if you go Drifter you need to MAX it out immediately, period. You might need more time to gain height, but if you take that height, you suddenly can reach things not possible with the other jumpjets. The Drifter can climb higher than the other two (don't use any of the directional keys and you'll rise up in the air). This can be used for surprise attacks at normally impossible to reach locations for even the normal Jumpjets, see many cliffs and hillsides in Indar for example, but also many trees in Hossin become easy climbs with a maxed Drifter. You can drift from tree to tree, high cover to high cover, without ever having to traverse the ground where you'll be more visible despite your christmaslight jumpjets. You can hunt down tanks with C4, which is a long-term thing and doesn't require much FPS. You can also dictate the fights. I now initiate many fights by dropping from a height behind an enemy and using anything from a Carbine to an SMG to Pump-Action, if need be even a Pistol. It's a better surprise weapon that de-cloaking an inch from someone's face, as with this you can actively do it with moving targets or static targets, while also being able to view the battleground so you know where others are walking.
    Look at some LA guides, Iridar and Wrel have some nice one's to explain some tactics. Iridar favors the default jet but I hope he's made a few about the Drifter as well.

Infiltrator:
    Short version: Don't use Stalker, Stalker helps dictate a fight, but usually stops you from doing so.
    Use your cloak as camouflage, because it's nothing more than a great camouflage.
    Assume people can still see you, but have a harder time doing so. Use cover and the right pathing to actually avoid detection.
    Anyone within 15m distance that so much as looks in your general direction, attack. Always attack. Take a second to aim or position yourself but no more, attack.

Loadouts:
    I don't often do sniper loadouts, I mostly use the more CQC and mid-range arsenal in Scout Rifles, SMG's and semi-auto sniper rifles. So for sniper loadouts, go to them. For CQC:
    SMG's are great. Use cloak to get close, then unload a clip, cloak and move while you reload. Pick off 1-2 people at a time, seeing your FPS, just take out 1, then move away. If they notice you can usually see it at their reaction. If they follow you, lay a trap. Run a short distance away while reloading, get behind some cover. Before they get around your cover, jump up behind it. People expect you to sit still and wait, this surprise allows you to get the edge. If they didn't notice their friend dying, free kill after the reload!
    Scout rifles are a more personal choice, most people don't like them due to limited DPS, ammo etc. Use them similar to Carbines and you are good. Use the Cloak to gain an advantage: fire a stream of bullets, if you feel you won't be able to get the kill in that clip, stop prematurely, cloak and reload while seeking cover, jump up while they are still busy. By deciding quickly, your enemy has less time to fire at you while you already duck behind cover. Then if they started to reload you can catch them by surprise, many reloads are longer than Infiltrator short-ranged weapons. They also have to decide whether to attack or get to cover, whatever the case, you can pressure them.
    Semi-auto sniper rifles are great! Stop going for OHK things, just aim, fire a bunch of bullets, get to cover. Use it for medium-range shots with low scope magnifications and you'll do fine. Don't stand still. These things are perfect to prevent counter-sniping. Just move, fire shots, move again, fire, move etc.

Implants: Sensor shields are perfect. Sensor Shield 3 allows you to run undetected unless you are within 20m distance of a scanner. Otherwise I rarely equip an implant. I usually just keep Sensor Shield 3 equipped, and charge it whenever I feel I´m going to need it. Keep in mind though: your FPS is low, opening the implant screen and increasing your energy can take a long time, so don't try it while you could get attacked any second.
    EMP resist implant might help if you go chugging EMP's to equalize the battle between you and your enemies.
    Suit slot:
    Grenade Bandolier can help if you like chugging EMP's. These don't just remove shields, but also mess with people's vision, use that to your advantage.
    Adrenalin pump is handy for chasing people, especiallly with the OHK knives when they don't know you are there this allows you to catch up to them... just know you have to actually overtake them a little to actually be able to hit them. Due to latency this isn't the biggest problem, as they are a little bit further and won't see you even though on your screen they are looking right at you.
    Nanoweave, again just handy for the few extra hits you can receive.

Long version
    Stalker cloak is, to me, the worst thing the infiltrator has got in his arsenal. Planetside 2 cloak isn't build to be an invisibility tool, it's just a tool to keep out of sight for a little longer, be a harder target at range. The ability to stay cloaked indefinitely is nice and all, but I can stay invisible by using cover and the right entrance with normal cloak. You might once or twice die due to an accidental discovery that wouldn't have happened with Stalker, but you get to fight back with more than a pistol if you are discovered.
    So: use default cloak, or if you are really reckless the armor cloak. I never put more than 2 levels in the default and it suits me fine, I have all, and I mean all Infiltrator directives auraxium now (if it wasn't for that they lock them up after you finish the second-to-last one) so I know a bit how to use the infiltrator.
    Run around as if your cloak is just an awesome, temporary camouflage, the best camouflage there is, but just a camouflage. Because that's exactly what it is: camouflage, it's not stealth. People can still see you, especially on ultra-big screens a cloaked infiltrator can be spotted walking around at 150+m distance without a problem (records from my smaller screen played on another big screen revealed tons of infiltrators I couldn't spot on my smaller screen). So whenever someone has a line-of-sight on you... assume he can see you. Look at their reaction, if they linger for more than 1 second looking almost straight at you, you are already too late and probably dead when they start shooting. So, if someone has a line of sight on you, get behind cover and get ready to de-cloak and fight back. Do not ever, ever think that someone hasn't spotted you. If someone is within 15m distance? Attack, just attack. Take maybe 1 second to position yoruself and aim, then just go for it. Take longer and the moments gone, and if someone saw you he'll just crush you.
  4. Atis

Get into explosives, cert bandolier, best grenades and mines, dont touch utility pouch for a while. Place mines, do suicide rushes with sticky grenade as engi. Throw emp nades in crowd and finish them with pistol or run in and drop mines as stalker. Drop C4 and frag grenades from above as LA or blind enemy with flash nades before friendlies rush them.
    Use shotgun more, your have one for free anyway and at point-blank range your aim means little.
  5. oberchingus

Go drive a harasser as engineer. Harasserobatics is a lot of fun.