Can't download update

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MotleyV, Apr 29, 2013.

1. MotleyV

My planetside 2 launcher is incapable of downloading files (it can patch them some of the time). I ahve managed to figure out that the problem is with my router, however I cannot change the router settings because the password has been lost. I was wondering if there was any way I could download the missing files directly.

The files are:
    Planetside2.exe
    Assets_018.pack
    Assets_141.pack
  2. werzinator

Hmm just to be certain it's a router issue, have you tried running the launcher as an administrator?
  3. MotleyV

Yes, I've also tried repairing my installation, turning off the firewall, defragging the hardrive, and clearing the launchpad cache. The only thing that actually helps is maintaining a copy of my assets folder because the launcher can patch some files. I can't get these files because it replaces them instead of patching.
  4. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

There are a few different issues which may be causing this problem for you, so you may need to try a few things to get into the game:

1. Please ensure that you have added an exception within your Firewall or Anti-Virus software for planetside2.exe, launchpad.exe, and awesomiumprocess.exe.

The location of these files can vary, but by default they should look like this:

Win7/Vista/Win8

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

Windows XP

C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Program Files\\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

PS2 & Anti-Virus Software

2. You may need to clear the cache settings for the launch pad by going to the launchpad.libs folder in your PlanetSide 2 directory and delete the launchpad.cache folder then try accessing the game once again.

3. The launcher may have been corrupted and will need to be repaired before it will work correctly. You can repair the launcher with the launcher set up file from the following link:

https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_setup.exe
  5. MotleyV

I already tried all of those things.
  6. Metalsand

Just redownload the whole game. I had a similar issue and the only way to fix my installation was to do a complete re-install. Otherwise, you'll just run into other problems if you try to do validation.

Ironically, the bug fixer (validation) is bugged lol.
  7. MotleyV

I've tried redownloading the game, anyways I managed to get all the files except planetside2.exe. Could someone with a working install please e-mail me planetside2.exe at trv@embarqmail.com? Thanks