cant download game, "corrupt file.."

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by tombrune8, Aug 9, 2015.

1. tombrune8

i'm trying to download the game but i keep getting this massage every 200-300MB i download:

"Error: The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted
    . An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes."

i have to push "retry" each time, again and again.

after looking at the assets screen, i can see that every few seconds there is an error with 016.pack and the 019.pack

downloading it with antivirus off, windows defender off, and also gave it an authorization on windows firewall

this is the first time i get this error... never got it with win 7...

system:
    win 10 fresh install (not upgrade)
    i5 4590 (using HD4600 as gpu)
    8gb ddr3
    samsung evo 840 120gb
  2. Noooooch

I have been having this same exact issue. My error messages also say "UnableToDownload - HTTP::Exception: Unknown protocol in response: Date: (64.37.169.11)."

I have reinstalled the game via Steam and have also validated my files and still have the same error message(s). I also cannot ping 64.37.169.11, the requests time out.
  3. tombrune8

yeah, i saw your thread but the error massages are different so the issues might not be connected to each other...

still, it would seem that daybreak is too busy to help us with this, or probablly they have no idea how to do so...

and also i imagine windows 10 is giving them a realy good time with tons of other bugs...

by the way, i saw threads from 2012 regarding the same issue and what do you know?...?... they still have'nt found a fix for this... rediculous....

lucky for me, it's a free world, and i can choose to take my money and put it into other products bacause this one clearly sucks balls, and have been sucking balls for years.
    SOE... daybreak....its all the same
  4. Noooooch

Try this...

I have deleted the folder named "Sony Online Entertainment" found in "C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow" and launched the game, and it plays.

However, once I exit the game I have to delete the same folder and relaunch again.
  5. tombrune8

thank you for the suggestion, i'm happy you found a solution....as uncomfortable as it may be...

that damn game launcher is more buggy then the game itself, and some people cant play the game simply
    because of that... !

come to think about it.......ps2 is kind of like someone giving you a bag of chips with a bag that just won't open, and once you manage to actually open it, the chips are really tasty but they stick so hard to your teeth that you might as well have paid a few $ to buy yourself some real FRENCH FRIES!

anyway...currently downloading from steam.....seems to be downloading smoothly.

will most probably ditch this game sooner or later... better games coming soon anyway
    • Up x 1
  6. Noooooch

Curious to know if your game is playable?