Can't decide, NC1 Gauss, GR-22 or Carnage

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by kadney, Mar 23, 2014.

1. RockPlanetSide2

There are only a few remote instances with the NC1 will be better than the Carnage (as in you might see one instance a day); however, the amount of instances where the Carnage OWNS the NC1 are wide spread. And Hip-fire only, the Carnage is about 99% as good as the GR22 with ADVLS.

Most people view the Carnage as an in-between the GR22 and the NC1... a bumbling mistake, it is more like it is 99% as good as each weapon in their respective roles (with the specific proper attachments pursuant to your current battlefield ranges).

AKA there is no reason to not have the Carnage be your default weapon 99.999999% of the time, it is just that good.

You can't look at nerd numbers when judging these weapons... latency, reflexes, and client-side are about 99% of the equation and then the nerd numbers make up the last 1%... so, really in the end, just pick what your brain can handle... but, I promise you that if you are at the top of the game the Carnage has no equal.

Just take off your NC a**hat... "BIG BULLETS DO BIG DAMAGE!!!!!" :( and accept the Carnage.
  2. Epic High Five

I mean the Carnage is a good gun and all, and I like it and recommend it, but it doesn't blow the Gauss Rifle out of the water by any means. I mean hell, I auraxed it fairly recently and ended up with a cool 25% HSR after 1160 kills, and that was running a laser and either IRNV or iron sights, in engagements from tower fights to picking people off at 150m (when I pick a new gun to aurax, I rarely use any other in any situation until it's purple) and it performed admirably.

You're being a bit hyperbolic here I think. The NC1 is for sure a no-frills gun, because it's the default. It also does every single thing you could hope a gun could do - blistering velocity, quick reload, great DPM, great iron sights, good-great hipfire (w or w/o laser) and laser accurate at all ranges. All this for 100 certs! ALS on the Carnage isn't really viable since the 0.75x nerf.

I enjoyed the Carnage, but in the end it just felt like another high ROF gun in a game already saturated with them. I appreciated the lethality maintained by the Gauss Rifle compared to the Carnage at a much wider selection of ranges.

I do, however, find it funny that the Carnage is pretty much a +3 NS-11A for 1/4 the price.

edit - oh, and another big thing is that you're looking at at LEAST a couple hundred certs to get the Carnage up to snuff, whereas the NC1 is fantastic right out of the box, meaning you can just dump certs into your medtool and aura and end up making a lot more certs
    • Up x 2
  3. Tentakewls

[IMG]
    That aside, why not use all of them?
  4. Deschain

I have top agree with Epic high five, the default NC1 is a very nice weapon, i would like to see an ammo option for it though.
  5. Llaf

I went with the Carnage myself. It's actually quite amazing how little the compensator affects its hipfire capability. It's also pretty accurate, but it tends to bloom quite a bit.
  6. Epic High Five

Eh, it's a default so it'd never get one. The one it would get even if it did would be HVA, which is just wholly unnecessary.

Give the Gauss Rifle S a shot would be my recommendation. One of my favorite guns in the game - gets soft point and a huge selection of attachments besides, has a much lower FSRM than the Gauss Rifle (meaning more accurate, somehow, than it) and gets all this for the tradeoff of just 64dps (23rpm), the smallest dps price any S-variant has to pay.

Also, it's got a better 2 round burst mode than the Gauss Rifle Burst
  7. Yawnz

I'm all for Carnage. I rock a Carnage w/Adv. Forward Grip + 1x Reflex. I use it for absolutely everything on my Medic. I even pull off some long range headshots when i switch to single-shot. Try it out in the VR is what i'd recommend.
  8. Epic High Five

Carnage has a lot of fans, myself among them (though it's retired for me), especially now that it's free with the quiz!
  9. Moz

I personally like to hipfire as a medic, I tend not to concentrate to much focus on actually killing stuff while playing medic so hipfire to score those last hits to take a dude down is fine.

With this in mind i like to run the GR-22 most times. If my squad want an out and out support medic i will roll with the Rifles S to give me a bit more versatility ( i usually run smoke and a 1x HR/NV).
  10. Inf1nite

If you like more cqc go with the Carnage (in my opinion). The GR-22's reloads are just way too long. However, the NC1 Gauss Rifle is definitely the better choice for longer ranges.
  11. RockPlanetSide2

Always amazed how there is still confusion over these guns. Opinions aside, here is what these guns actually do in game if your ping is not stupid high.

NC1 Gauss - Medium Range death machine, however your CQC will suffer even with a laser sight attached, because of the guns low rate of fire. This gun shines tho when you stay at medium range and don't get cocky and enter too many CQC areas like buildings.
    If you are only going to aim down sights and shoot at people medium range this is the best of the 3 guns.
    CERT: NV Scope, Forward Grip.

Carnage = All around decent weapon, not as good as the NC1 gauss for just picking people off at medium range, but it is much better in CQC even with out a laser sight, so you get a better all around weapon that is "good" in every situation. As in if you have this gun equipped no matter where you find yourself you will have a gun that can deal fairly well with the enemy regardless of how you have it certed out.
    If you want an all around weapon that is almost as good as the other 2 in their respective roles and you can feel safe with no matter what you are doing this gun is the best of the 3.
    CERT the gun to fit what you will be doing the most, that is what the gun is for.

GR22 = On the move hip fire weapon, and it does it far better than the NC1 or the Carnage (even with the Advanced laser sight on the Carnage the GR22 still is much better). There is only one reason to use this weapon and that is to put an advanced laser sight on it and never aim down sights. It is for being on the move and hip firing.... PEROID. Any time you aim down sights with this gun you should slap yourself for not having chosen the Carnage instead.
    If you want to be on the move and never aim down sights this weapon is the best of the 3.
    CERT: Scope is not relevent, Advanced Laser sight, Soft-point Ammo.

That is how these guns work in game, its not really up for opinions or debate.
  12. Epic High Five

I'd say the NC1 isn't terrible at hipfire. Hell the X11 can be a real monster up close and it's lacking 100rpm compared to the Gauss Rifle. Fact is if you're in the habit of knifing after a couple shots, all guns are identical up close, which is the camp I belong to, so I bring my Tross into tower fights and don't miss a beat.

That said there is certainly BETTER CQC options that give up a lot to be such. As a medic I find I have the most success letting some other poor doomed ******* trusting and capable teammate go through a door first, followed by a revive grenade and myself spitting out ADS headshots with a Reaper or Tross. It's TECHNICALLY CQC because the combat takes place within 10m or so, but realistically it's flanking - which is its own thing.

The two free guns the NC medic gets - Gauss Rifle by default and Carnage with the quiz - are all you realistically need, and that's if you want some overlap. You're really spoiled for choice as an NC medic.

The GR-22 is garbage though, avoid it and use the Carnage instead. Horrible DPM for the atrocious reload, ugh, a more frustrating auraxium for me than even the Gauss Rifle Burst
  13. Nolyzzlel

at the beginning u got a quiete okei carnage killstreak
  14. Silus

Seconded. Put the NV/IR scope on, hold Shift, and **** gets scary accurate.
  15. BeyondNInja

And the S Rifle doesn't get a huge reload penalty like its Compact cousin.
  16. BeyondNInja

I actually really enjoyed auraxiuming the GR-22 - great for outgunning heavies within 30m and I think the recoil just clicked for me.
    I think of it as a better GD-7F (less damage drop-off, more consistent recoil, less bloom, faster strafing, less-bad reload).
    Although come to think of it the Carnage has all those aadvantages over the GR-22...
  17. Epic High Five

This was the thought I had while auraxing the 22 after the Carnage. "Is being much worse in every other way worth an extra 120dps? No, no it is not"
  18. reydelchicken

I would go for the carnage personally.

My loadout is:
    • 4x crosshair scope.
    • Flash suppressor at night.
    • Advanced forward grip.
    Gun already has good hipfire that works great up to around 15-20m.
    And it's controllable enough despite being a high rof gun to deal good damage at 50-100m.
  19. Casterbridge

Ugh how do you people use the bigger scopes I always do horrible when I try and use them unless I'm just plinking.
  20. reydelchicken

Try adjusting your sensitivity, most people have issues with scopes due to the much lower default sensitivity they have...

What I mean is take your mouse sensitivity (slider setting) and add 12 to the double of the original value to get your new scoped sensitivity, only if you intend to use 4x scopes though, if you want to use 3.4x scopes then you'll have to add 10 to the value.

So for example in my config my mouse sensitivity is 0.13, and my scoped sensitivity adjusted for 4x scopes would be 0.38; scoped sensitivity for 3.4x scopes would be 0.36

Even with these settings the low FOV that scopes give you might make them hard to use in CQC combat under 10m, in which case it's a good idea to practice hipfire for these ranges if you intend to use scopes...