Cannot login to Miller

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lovepump, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Lovepump

And the same goes for some people in my outfit. All I see is the spinner on the "Play" button.
    • Up x 7
  2. Hookie

same for Cobalt
  3. Ragnarrok

Same for me on Miller.
    • Up x 3
  4. Hookie

all these years of producing updates and the devs are still too stupid to learn from their own mistakes. They don't have the aptitude to create an update that doesn't screw everyone for a couple days.

"Oh it's complex" - blah blah blah shut it!, your a dev if your a good one you know what to do. it your not you blame it on complexity.

"A great welder doesn't use a grinder - that would make him a great grinder!"
    • Up x 1
  5. Lovepump

Well, login fault does not have to be in their end. All it takes is a dns problem in the data center and you end up with all kind of strange bugs rippling down through the service layers.
  6. Dargadon

Well, i used to work for Trion Worlds support in the past. And comparing them with Daybreak Rogue Planet (different circus name, same clowns) - my hair shivers. Zero to none communication with players about ongoing issues. In-time issue acknowledgement? Quater-hourly status updates? Nah, let`s push LIVE deploy and go to sleep.
  7. Atarax

8. LxL

Same here cant log into Miller - please sort this asap
  9. Lovepump

It turned out to be a dns problem at my end.
    To test this I switched my normal settings to use Google dns and login was ok.
    Switched back to default dns and login was not ok.

To resolve this I then flushed the local cache and now I can login just fine.

This is what I did:
    1. Close all windows
    2. Open start menu
    3. Type "cmd" and open it as Administrator
    4. Run command "ipconfig /flushdns" to flush the local dns cache

Then try to login to Planetside again.

In my case the dns client service got stuck and would not flush the cache, so I rebooted and now I could flush the cache and finally login.
    • Up x 2
  10. Ragnarrok

Tried your suggestion Lovepump but no go.
  11. Hookie

still having the same problem a few hours later. Nice to see the devs don't care and the Moderators cant be azzed to do anything.
  12. Lovepump

13. Hookie

I'm not on the TweeterSnapBook sites - what every happened to a good old fashioned phone call.

Customer service doesn't exist in the digital age.
  14. DCTH

Same here, VS on Miller