Canis 'Auto-Aim' Ammo Needs to Go

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rydenan, Dec 9, 2017.

1. The Shady Engineer

I made 2 points in my comment:
    1) Damage per magazine to how fast the Canis reloads is out of whack.
    2) Unstable ammo is a dumb attachment.

It's not overblowing, these things are what imo make the Canis overpowered.

As for flaming, I use colorful ( :D ) language in my posts. Feel free to skip over or ignore if such language/tone isn't to your liking.
  2. Rydenan

The stats will change... because I'm biased?
    Really, I'm flattered, but I have a sneaking suspicion that my personal whims will have no effect of the sort.

They're not my numbers; they're directly from the API, and 100% accurate.

At any rate, 34% is not 8% more than 26%, it's 31% more. (34-26)/26 * 100 = 30.77.
    Please re-take middle school math.

Yeah, VS doesn't ever get anything like that.

---

Friend, are you okay? Should I call 911?
    • Up x 2
  3. Blam320

Saying you use colorful language isn't an excuse. Your tone is inflammatory regardless of intention, and quite frankly inappropriate in these forums. You don't need to use it to get your point across, and you're more likely to get desirable results when you don't use it.
  4. FateJH

It's too late. The police can't help you now.
    • Up x 2
  5. Rydenan

:eek:
  6. adamts01

^^This^^ Add flak, the Striker, and lock-ons to that list. I'd argue that removing skill from the game loses more players than it gains. Without skill-based competition there's just not much point in any game. You're either dealing with an rng dice roll or seeing which side brought more numbers to the fight. Lack of skillful competition is why this game is failing. I haven't logged on since the new SMGs have been out, but after reading about another area effect infantry gun I'm not going to bother. GGclose Daybreak.
  7. Pacster3

Oh, I never doubted the statistics. But you abuse statistics with your interpretation. You are a little spin doctor. Not more not less. You know you have no reliable statistics(because it's just too early for that) but you still say "Canis is superior. Statistics show that.".
    Not to mention that you have not played with it(VR has not much to do with reality in game. I bought quite a number of guns cause they seemed great in VR...but in real game situations with moving targets, shaking, limited ammo etc. they suddenly suck).
  8. Drsexxytime

KK.
    Shotguns
    Vulcan
    Striker
    Scatmax
    Phoenix
    MJ

All need to go then too. All those are game breaking in their situational use like the Canis if you want to play fair.
  9. LordKrelas

Shotguns. Try a Carbine, you get better results.
    Without the range limitation, RNG nature, and being highly situational, and failing in CQC hard.

The Scatmax on here.. is basically like "This RNG button works sometimes in very specific situations, can not attempt in others" is powerful.
    To work, it must be inside in all Anti-max weapon' effective range.
    And is basically a free kill outside of those specific situations, has no suppression fire, longest reload, and if you try to fire as you engage.. you get to enjoy the RNG possibly taking a full clip to kill 1 man.

Phoenix.
    Go try it, without the lovely Bug.
    You'll wonder how many times you'll hunt for a spawn room.

MJ: Harasser. Platform.
    On a Vanguard, I question your choices.

For the Striker; That'll likely be fixed at some point..
    But it's sorta like the Lancer was at AV at massive distances in the field.

All that compared to basically a better-lasher Ammo, for an SMG, that can score head-shots.
    Yeah not seeing how that SMG is not out-preforming with that odd ammo.
    • Up x 1
  10. Killuminati C

Isn't quoting statistics what you want in this sort of a discussion lol?

Shotguns - every faction gets them.
    Vulcan - a little better than the other CQC options but not by much
    Striker - every faction gets lock ons
    Scatmax - don't share a room with it and you're fine
    Pheonix - aside from shooting from spawn rooms you're sniper or LA bait as opposed to the lancer which is damn near hit scan
    MJ - Again the CQC secondaries are pretty in line with each other but I'll raise you Canister which was useless for how long?

Let it go. Your toy is broken and needs to be brought in line with the others.
  11. JibbaJabba

Ammo that makes an infantry head the size of a max torso.

LOLOLO

All you guys defending it too...

LOLOLO

You're getting a nerf. It's for the good of the game. Go through your stages of grief if you must but it's happening.
  12. pnkdth

The reason I think it should stay is so all the shi**ers who claim VS is easy mode have to play against a faction that actually is easy mode.
  13. JibbaJabba

Let's leave whataboutism out of the discussion. You're welcome to start a discussion on each of those if you feel they are overpowered. You may struggle to make a case though.

We're talking about Canis Unstable Ammo (UA) here. If you feel it's fine, say so and provide your argument. If not, same thing. Something else being OP/UP is unrelated to UA being OP/UP.
  14. Roxxlyy Community Relations

To disseminate some information here, we are planning on reducing headshot multiplier damage for Unstable Ammo in our next update. That should help a bit, and if we need to keep making adjustments, we'll continue to do so.
    • Up x 5
  15. Pacster3

No, It's about quoting reliable statistics. Not the first day crap.

Not much left to say about the rest of your post. You are blind on at least one eye...

Don't share a room with the canis and you are fine too. So what? Ah wait...it's VS....so there it's something to complain about and get nerfed... =P
  16. Pacster3

There have been discussions about it all over the place literally for years. It just was never as hyped as the Canis discussion cause your whataboutism worked(oh, the Lancer....oh, the Orion....darn, you even managed to get the comet nerfed. THE COMET!). As if that was raking in even half the kills of a scatmax.
    • Up x 1
  17. LordKrelas

Scatmax.
    A short-ranged RNG AI Max, with 6 shots, and the longest reload, in range of every explosive possible.
    Or a rocket-firing AV Max.

Where do you find a Scatmax? Doorframe.
    Why? as barely anywhere else can it be useful.
  18. Desertmind

The headshot ratio of the Canis is 31.7%, a hair above the LMGs. Its overall accuracy is in the low 30s as well. Not sure if that qualifies as autoaim, but don't worry, it'll be nerfed into oblivion regardless. Then the Gladius will be the silently overpowered SMG and all will be right with the world.
    • Up x 1
  19. Killuminati C

I'm pretty sure the statistics will remain true by the time the nerf goes through. All the smg's will probably have their statistics lower slightly as lower battle rank players are able to afford them but I'm pretty sure that the Canis will still prove to perform well ahead of the other two.

As far as my post quoting that subjective list, I was merely pointing out his OP suggestions against other factions counterparts. I'm not saying everything needs to be brought exactly in line with the other factions as that would be impossible while retaining empire specific traits and that makes for a stale game for everyone. However having any faction have something that far outperforms the others is detrimental for 2/3rds of the playerbase.

For instance he mentioned CQC maxes and I said keep a little distance not avoid them entirely. Or most people can admit that a mid range max has it's advantages as well. The mjolnir might outperform the aphelion but the sauron outperforms the enforcer etc. The list goes on but at least keep the playing field relatively fair.

Context man, context.
  20. Drsexxytime

Do you plan to adjust other factions over performing weapons, and C4/Shotguns as well then? Do you plan on reimbursing players certs/money for gutting a weapon so quickly, since it's not what we paid for, and that you didn't listen to people in PTR about issues with it and thus released it as is? BTW, good job going with knee-jerk reactions, breaking a situational weapon that VS happens to have, yet other factions get away with their specials then. Why can't all factions have some unique goodies that are a notch above? I mean, TR has the best AA area of denial, NC has hard hitting weapons, maxes, and the phoenix... So, yeah.

More importantly, and something that should be fixed first. What about the lag wizards, net limiters, terrain glitchers, and hit box modders?
    • Up x 1