Cancelde my membership again

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by breeje, Jul 8, 2018.

1. breeje

this is not the first time i cancelde my membership and it always leaves me with a double feeling
    i like supporting this game and i know PS2 needs it but the state of the game don't allow me me to give cash to it

new and on a regular base updates, great but here is the but, bad fps after every update and broken stuff
    a lot of new things being pumped in to the game but are meh and never adjusted
    my biggest frustration is minor cloak, yes people thougt it would be to powerful so the nerfed it but now it's meh
    some of the new weapons from the past year are meh but never adjusted
    and the implant system is a thorn in the eye for me
    the game on it self is fine (if it works) otherwise i won't stick around for so long

i don't have time to play everyday, only weekends
    so if DBG wants my hard earned cash they need to step it up a bit and lower my frustrations with this game
    • Up x 1
  2. HippoCryties

What’s wrong with minor cloak?
  3. Silkensmooth

The biggest frustration for me is the constant vehicle spam only made worse by the ASP.

I just wanna shoot heads, but there are always 20 hesh tanks a kilometer away from every battle farming anyone trying to play infantry.

I'd ratther not have to deal witth them, butt in the old days you could at least pull a lib and kill some of them.

Now they have buffed flak so much, and given every vehicle AA that its pointless.

You either die to the hesh tank spam and deal with it or log off.

More and more i find myself just logging off.

Oh and lets not forget about the constant kobalt spamming sunderers and ants.

I wish this game wasnt combined arms because currently its broken completely. Air is supposed to be the counter to vehicles but its completely useless.

Very frustrating and i too am seriously considering another cancellation.

And of course tthe way the game runs. When this game released i could run it on my 2008 dual core intel with an old gtx460 card and it ran beautifully on ultra.

Now i have a 4670k and a gtx 1070 and the game runs like CRAP on LOW setttings.
    • Up x 2
  4. DeadlyOmen

Better to invest in grammar lessons. I applaud you.
    • Up x 1
  5. blackboemmel

I wouldn't trashtalk people even if they had grammar problems in their mother tongue. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  6. DeadlyOmen

Then your regard for education is less than it should be.
  7. TR5L4Y3R

better to actualy contribute to the thread ... so since you don´t .. like EVER i block you.

for me bad fps isn´t the problem .. currently my problem is the many MANY crashes of the game ..
    even after reinstalling the game as well as a complete reinstall of my drivers
    low settings and imo sufficient hardware the game crashes still ..
    and i just have no idea what else to do .. windows installation was also recent ..
    • Up x 3
  8. breeje

it's a niche, not good for anything
    i used it a couple of times and it's only good for trolling new players when pop is low

yes, and i know this
    English is not my first, second or 3th langue, i am from Belgium with dutch as my native and french as second, Deutsche lange as third, all forced on us in school
    i also come from parents with different nationality, so i also speek some Spanish
    the English lange, that i learned on a later age in high school, needed it for programming and allround working with a PC
    so please excuse me if my English grammar is not so good like yours

but i can tell you for sure, i never did meet a native English speaker who did not understand me
    and none of them pointed out my grammar
    congratulations, you're the first
    • Up x 2
  9. Towie

I'm with you on minor cloak - and don't worry, the vast majority of folks on here realise that people speak lots of different languages and not just 'merican (or is that English ? Yeah, I meant English ;))
    • Up x 1
  10. CplRDaWiggy

Then by all means showcase your vast education and address them in their tongue, instead of using yours to be facetious at every turn
    • Up x 6
  11. Movoza

If it's a niche thing without function, why use it? If you don't use it, it's as effective as if it was removed from the game.

In addition, you can install spell checkers and write things in translation programs. I use spell checkers all the time, which helps a lot. I do write on my phone sonetines and thick finger stuff happens sometimes unnoticed, but the suggestions here help as well.
    • Up x 1
  12. JibbaJabba

You invited judgement on yourself with this criticism and didn't fare well.

His English is perfectly sufficient to convey his thoughts. A critical eye would see grammar mistakes but a more critical eye would see grammar mistakes typical of those that are multilingual. Such people are both intelligent and educated.

I was a bit bummed about minor cloak myself. It's part of a larger issue though. The implant mechanics are a heavy grind mechanic. Any time there is a grind there is a chance for burnout while reaching a goal and disappointment when the goal is finally met. Grinds are a way to extend content. Another way to extend content is to just make more damn content. I wish DB would get on it.

I think if Daybreak did a financial hail-mary and dedicated resources to creating a full new continent it would pay off. Former players would come back in droves.
    • Up x 2
  13. adamts01

I'd rather invest in PS3 than any big updates to this game. They need to start from scratch with proper code and a game built for multi-core processors. PS2 is like an broken old car that wouldn't have a decent resale value even if it did run. They just need to stabilize this mess and move on.
    • Up x 3
  14. Luicanus

I quite like it for a point hold situation. Engineer with Lynx, SMG or Shotgun (something good in CQC) Spitfires, Robotics Implant, and Minor Cloak.

Place the spitfire in a hidden location and cloak so that you'll be behind whoever discovers it.

They get distracted by the spitfire long enough for you to decloak and kill them, combining with claymores makes for a viable hold of one person against several.
    • Up x 1
  15. Luicanus

I'm the same, I have a reasonable rig, the CPU is a little old but It's run like a charm for over 2 years and the GTX1060 made things really good for a while, then boom, 15000ms server spikes any time there are more than two players in a hex together.

Now I'd cancelled my subscription because I was poor and wasn't sure I'd be able to afford it the next year but now I'm wondering if I'll even WANT to try an set aside the funds for another year's subscription.
  16. Skraggz

Usually server performance doesn't equal system performance though there are instances this is could be true, I don't think it is atm. You touch on lag spikes, which is a server performance, while I personally don't experience any I would like dB to comb over their servers ever once and a while. System performance from the guy you quoted could use some help but it's not game breaking for me as I still hit 70+fps in 96vs96 at 2k resolution with a 6700k and a 1070.
  17. TR5L4Y3R

that assumes you have the budget for it .. can you confirm they have the budget for it to risk this move? ..
    because i can´t, the very least i doubt they do ..
  18. Luicanus

They may not have the funding yet but they could divert some time towards the basic principles of a PS3 and once they have a workable core they could seek investment. With the proper grassroots support from the existing community, they could receive a lot for free advertising.

If they used the community properly they could develop a reasonably user-friendly map editor and then let us have at it building bases for them. PTS feedback whittles that down to a shortlist of maybe 10 options which they choose from to occupy the given region of the map.

They could do similar with weapons and abilities, use the collective knowledge and imagination of the player base to generate an array of new and interesting additions to the game. There are plenty of us willing to chip in, some of us might even know enough coding or 3D modelling to help out on some level.
  19. adamts01

I'm only stating what I'd like to see, and I have zero clue if it's fathomable. I think PS2 is at a dead end as far as performance goes.
    • Up x 1
  20. Luicanus

Oh it is, my CPU is a veritable dinosaur by now but even it has multiple cores. It's insane to be operating a game in the modern age that can't take advantage of multi-core processing.