Can you fix the no-deploy zones already?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lyravega, Jan 19, 2014.

1. lyravega

Amp station, one "clever" dude drives a AMS sunderer and hugs the amp station itself, and deploys there. Fix this thing already...

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. Archiadus

You see a sunderer deployed inside the base causing terror for your faction.

I see one of the easiest ways to get kills on the enemy faction / get a free sunderer kill.

Try it once, all you have to do is be a LA and hover on top of one of the beams above that spot and you'll get crazy exp off of those poor players that spawn there. :p

Could even do the same as an infiltrator if you feel like increasing the difficulty a bit.

Not saying that it's not a bug but in my opinion that spot is more of a disadvantage to whoever parks it there rather than an advantage.
  3. Jeslis

Thats the armpit spawn.. You basically have to let a sundy get through the REAR LEFT gap, drive north, carefully, WITHOUT getting stuck, hard right around the building, hard left into the armpit.. all the while dodging all the C4 and rockets getting shot at you..

Its hard to get it, its a good spot, its not imbalancing as you STILL have to take down both shieldgens to get inside.

and lastly, all amp stations are in the process of being changed (for whatever reason).. their first iteration is Freyr amp, and they are doing another design pass along those lines... eventually all amps will be changed.. so.. you won't have to worry about it forever.
  4. AxisO7

What's wrong with it?

In case you're not aware (there was a thread a few months ago wrongly ******** that this was 'broken' and he could deploy inside a no-deploy zone by angling himself up), this is outside the no-deploy zone.
  5. SenEvason

Whenever I see sundies parked in those areas, they are never still there when I come back a minute later. They are super easy to get to and kill as a defender.
  6. lyravega

Super easy to destroy? Really? While a platoon is using it as their spawn, and a bunch of people protecting it? It is a blockade by the way, you cannot get a fairy and destroy it with a couple of C4's.
  7. vsae

Utility pouch 3, drop 5 mines from above, throw a sticky nade. Bye bye platoon spawn point.
  8. lyravega

In case you don't know, sticky won't cause all mines to explode. It got changed in one of the recent patches, for some reason grenade explosions or mine explosions "trigger" the other ones.

And if you think you can get near that "bee hive", good luck with that. Tell me how it goes when there are dozens of darts around, and a couple of people with half-a-brain looking at the map.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ronin Oni

Teamwork is obviously OP
  10. Takoita

You won't be able to get the thing by simply droppying mines from above even if they worked properly - there is an alcove there that can cover them from that trick.
  11. vsae

Sorry? I dont get what you wrote. There was a bug when one explosive didnt trigger the others, I thought it was fixed already, was it not?
  12. CrashB111

[IMG]

Freyr is currently a Biolab with no rooftop. Whoever thought it a wise decision to put the 2 respawn rooms in the back of the station literally 10 feet apart needs to be fired. It can become an endless meatgrinder there with both sides killing each other as soon as they leave the spawn.
  13. lyravega

Has it? I'll check it out, but last time I dropped some mines, I had to shoot them individually, sticky didn't even "triggered" a mine.

To be honest, I like Freyr. Spawn locations are strategically placed, and defenders have the middle spawn rather than a remote one. 3 points make it a less meat-grinder than the other ones.