Can you change server regions on the ps4 version

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by C4PT4INC0LTS, Jun 30, 2015.

1. C4PT4INC0LTS

Hi i've been playing planetside 2 ps4 beta for a few days now and i'm on eu servers but all of my friends are us so i can't play with them. Also the ping is terrible so i lag out all the time.
  2. Ravenorth

You cant, because PSN is region locked, however there might still be a way, not sure if it works, but you could try creating US account on your PS4. Then try downloading the US Planetside 2 client from the store and see what happens.
  3. Matori

Can you change servers within the region? Im a bit tired of 50% of the population being nc. Also im on ps4 too.
  4. cyberninja2601

Why would PSN be the restriction? CoD, Destiny and BF4 for example allow a NA player to play with people from Europe on the PS4 (I do that all the time because most of my friends are in the UK and from where I am is about the same distance to a west coast server).

Also Europe and NA have servers but I believe the rest of the world doesn't and they can still play. I've seen people form Australia for example mention that they are playing so I don't see again why region would be the limitation.

I think they are trying to prevent lag by making people stick to their region but I don't think it's a technical requirement.
  5. Hoop83

The PSN is not region locked. I can play Battlefield 4 on any server in any country.
    I am in New Zealand and get put on the EU server for PS2 even though the US server is closer. It would be nice to be able to choose