Can we talk about silly horns?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AssaultPig, Oct 4, 2014.

1. AssaultPig

I'd like to start by saying, I get it. People like a silly sounding horn, they make money for SOE, etc.

But could we have a mute function for them? Or some kind of rate limit on their use? Being in an armored group (or hell, in any area) that has two sunderer drivers playing dueling banjos with the yankee doodle and halloween moan/scream/whatever horns is supremely obnoxious.
    • Up x 8
  2. Bobman23

Totally agreed. You can put whatever nonsense you want on your vehicles and characters, but make it so I don't have to see it or hear it if I don't want to.
    • Up x 1
  3. NC_agent00kevin

No. We buy them to force you to listen to our glorious Freedom.

Next time you're stuck in traffic, feel free to ask the guy with a system next to you to turn it down; Im sure he will comply :eek:
    • Up x 13
  4. Bobman23

Lol except this isn't real life.

..wait for it...

:eek:
  5. Wizlawz

wait ....what?????

this is not irl? oh my....i have been sorely mistaken...oh god what have i done???
    • Up x 3
  6. ColonelChingles

Eh. I thought that part of what I was buying was the right to subject other people to my garish fashion choices or acoustic escapades? I mean not like I can see what I'm wearing... and obviously I am playing my horn for your enjoyment.

I would be ok with SOE selling "anti-cosmetics" for SC. In other words for every cosmetic item (camo, decal, horn, etc) there is an equal and opposite anti-cosmetic item that you can purchase. Buying that anti-cosmetic item means that you do not see the associated cosmetic item. So for instance if I bought the anti-Galaxy Whale Horn, then I would not hear any Galaxy Whale Horns anymore.

Anti-cosmetics should cost an extra 50% in SC over their cosmetic counterparts... so if the Galaxy Whale Horn cost 500 SC then the anti-Galaxy Whale Horn should cost 750 SC. This is because buying the whale horn just grants one whale horn, whereas buying the anti-whale horn eliminates all whale horns.

This seems like a fair solution (that will also make SOE money). If it's that much of a problem for you, then you can put your money where your mouth is!
    • Up x 2
  7. Turkeys!

That scream horn takes irritation to a whole 'nother level. It drowns out other sounds too because of how loud it is.
  8. Elrobochanco

First they come for my whale horn, then they come for the tech camo, then they come for the lumifiber, finally they will want my MLG decal. No we must not budge.
    • Up x 3
  9. NC_agent00kevin

LOL except you seem to lack a sense of humor

wait for it ....

:eek:
  10. Wizlawz

ARUUUGALA, ARUUUGALA

ye that's what im talkin bout.
  11. eldarfalcongravtank

the worst thing is that the magrider which needs a horn most still has no access to any:rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  12. Bobman23

Oh I can enjoy a ridiculous horn every once in a while.. but when it's like the OP describes that's just over the top.

I started playing this game because of they way they originally billed it - a gritty sci-fi shooter. That look (and now sound) is gone. Now we're all comic book heroes and villains, the ones that no one wants to read about.

They have systematically destroyed the feel of their original game in the name of making a quick buck. Like I said, I have no problem with you buying whatever you want. But have an option to shield those of us who want that gritty shooter experience from your nonsense.
  13. Wizlawz

can't you just edit some game files to achieve this?
  14. FateJH

Can I make it so my grenades don't laugh at me? I know I'm bad at landing throws but I don't need any more demotivation.
    • Up x 3
  15. patrykK1028

Last time I heard some funny Sundy horn and.. I smiled. Arent games about fun?
  16. LodeTria

I like the Skywhale & ESF horns quite a bit.
    the ground vehicle ones are ehh some are pants some are okay.
  17. AssaultPig

I don't even have a problem with the horns themselves so much; they're silly and immersion breaking but whatever, I can deal.

My problem is the way people can spam them and drown out basically every other sound for minutes on end
    • Up x 1
  18. AssaultPig

I'm 95% sure you're being sarcastic but I would buy SC for the first time in over a year if this were a thing
    • Up x 1
  19. ColonelChingles

Well sometimes it's the 5% that can get you... ;)

Really I think it's a fair compromise. Players who buy cosmetics get what they want, and players who buy anti-cosmetics get what they want. And SOE gets lots more money.

Only those who don't pay don't get what they want, and that's ok because everyone has the option to pay anyhow.

Allowing non-paying players to disable cosmetics would be unfair to paying players. Hence you would have to pay (outbid) paying players in order to disable specific cosmetics.

Really I think it makes a lot of sense.
  20. LibertyRevolution

If you could mute them, why would be buy them?
    The entire point in spending the money on it is so we can force you to listen to it.

If it bothers you, then it was money well spent. Seriously.

• Up x 2