Can we Stop pretending That Ravens are fine?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ohknoh, May 17, 2015.

1. Ghosty11

Except Ravens are wire guided so CoF does absolutely nothing, but besides that little fact, Ravens are the second gen AV weapons along with the Vortex and Fracture which are classified medium to long range. Opposed to the Falcon, Comet, and Pounder which are the medium to short range AV options.
    • Up x 1
  2. Bearlover

2k certs IS a lot, but can be earned without membership.

Again, experience using ravens firsthand before you mention " land 100% of their shots because they can guide their missiles ". Try hitting moving targets from a distance when all you've done is tickle your target ( if your target was smart enough to move away and hide). Pounders AND fractures DO need a buff in the AV department i totally agree 100%, but Ravens are not as " game breaking " as some people think it is.

When you get rid of that " i can destroy everything 1v1 " mentality and actually start doing teamwork for your faction, you realize its not as bad as you thought it would be.
  3. Bearlover

( deleted post, sorry typing in phone )
  4. Ghosty11

The only issue with the Vortex is that they can shoot at targets beyond render range. Other than that they are fairly weak against every thing. If the Vortex range gets cut it would need a decrease in charge time or a damage buff to compensate, since the devs specifically stated that they kept the damage low because ranged alpha strike potential when they are massed.
  5. nukularZ

What if OP Ravens had a small chance of failing, and coming back and hitting the NC max in the face? I think I'd be fine with that...
  6. MetalCotton

I've got nothing of value to contribute to this discussion because we've had 50+ threads in the past on them and I'm tired of them. I'd just like to point out that nobody is pretending Ravens are fine.
  7. omfgweeee

I am not prettending at all. I know they are. Just is a lot easier to come at forum to QQ than move your brain cells a bit for some counter mesure.
  8. St0mpy

well you know the further it goes the more it goes off centre from its aim point, they could add drop but that just goes down...
  9. Pelojian

This is why i think they need to change MAX maneuverability so they can't decelerate while strafing on a dime, being able to change strafe directions on a dime while having guided weapons further upsets the balance. a raven max can hit you accurately at range while you play the leading guessing game and hope they don't change directions on a dime when you fire.
  10. Konstantinn

I'll take you as a joke.