Can we PLEASE get an update on the server status?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SebDollar, Dec 18, 2013.

1. SebDollar

Can we PLEASE get an update on the server status?

This is the second evening in a row during EU primetime where the servers are down. And the only information given is a very vague message saying that they're "investigating a possible issue with server:".
    • Up x 1
  2. YouWannaGetHigh

I couldnt connect to the game a single time since yesterday 21:30. This is just irritating when we look at what this patch brings to the game.
  3. LordMondando

I don't particular want an ETA, so much as i'd like 'this is the vague problem'.
  4. MichaelS

still
  5. Nexus545

This is the worst patch I've seen from a game.

Although I don't know if it is possible I would very much rather them do a roll back until they have a fix. Not being able to play is worse then any other game issue.
  6. YouWannaGetHigh

Right?!
  7. LordMondando

Clearly you didn't play much day z as a mod.

Anyway, given the time sunk in now, and the fact its clearly a server side issue, specific to the live not test server, its likely better to just fight through it.

Just be nice to know what the hell is going on beyond 'possible problem with server'.
  8. Ryme

Are you getting disconnected when trying to log into the character screen or when trying to log a character into the sever?
  9. Santondouah

10. MrPokealot

Well, time to get to know this "Outside" world mmo people have been talking about..

In all seriousness though you will likely never get a good response when servers are down, it's been like this since day 1
  11. Villanuk

They don't do updates on problems :oops:
  12. IronWarrior

They should just rollback the update and let us play on.
  13. NCxDreamUK

You obviously don't know how this works. QA doesn't find bugs with live servers.
  14. RasFW

Sure, bro! They're still down. Hope this helps!
  15. MichaelS

16. IronWarrior

It's crystal clear to me you obviously don't know crap all yourself, Dream boy.
  17. sam38

SOE is actually doing you a favor by not letting you play. this server update is a joke. they broke the game. I don't care about zoe nerf or nanoweave change I care about SOE's unrelenting determination to take skill out of this game. lets take the glorious weapons we all know and love and throw in random recoil so now killing someone comes down to a roll of the dice. and especially as they attempt to fix hitboxes and just completely bork that. then they break rocketlaunchers.

I bet when patch day comes SOE supervisors tell all their coders to bring their sleeping bags "cuz its gonna be a long night" when the patch goes live.

changes and nerfs need to be done gradually and incremented little bits at a time and analyzed not slammed with a sledgehammer one side and buffed on the other. the nerf item buff counterpart is the worst way to balance this Is common konwledge

way too much change in one patch no wonder they broke the game. bit off more than they could chew trying to change that much with one update

come on sony.. INCH BY INCH LIKE A GENTLEMAN BRAH
    • Up x 2
  18. randomusername146

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  19. MrK

This
    Then that
    I am le confused. You're hopefully not talking about AI nerf to RLs?
  20. MaxDamage

[IMG]
    • Up x 2