Can we please balance the game out?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Raptor0822, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Raraldor

Essentially this. It takes a while to grasp the correct mindset when playing infiltrator. Nothing works exactly as you'd want or else it wouldn't have any downsides, though that goes for all classes. As said in my previous post, you are focusing too much on the weapon and less on the class as a whole.
  2. CptFirelord

I mention two weapons, yes. I addressed the problems you stated in your first post and told you how to correct them. Although, I would love to see some sort of thing like in PS1 where the infil can put a DoT on a tank and essentially cripple the thing..
  3. Raraldor

I think you may have me confused with the OP o.o I was agreeing with what you said. I was talking to the OP about the whole weapon thing.
    • Up x 1
  4. CptFirelord

Indeed I do, my mistake.
  5. Raraldor

No problem, our first letters are the same so I can understand the confusion :p
  6. ProfessorHobbes

People are posting on how to make you better because frankly, if you are dying after every 1-2 kills while sniping, you are not very good. You want your questions addressed? Ok I can do that.

The suppressor is only good when doing close range sniping. You are never going to get kills from far out while using it, so if that is what you are doing then don't. Sounds like that's why you aren't getting kills, because you have to get up close. If you're going to snipe from far away, then seriously remove your suppressor. It's not that hard to kill people from a far distance as a sniper, in fact, it is pretty easy if you play the class correctly. Most head shots are 1 hit kills (except nanoweave) and pretty much any body shot is a two shot kill with a good sniper rifle unless they have nanoweave or HA shield on. Though I don't know what sniper rifle you are using.

Also, this is a game, not real life. It is not a requirement to mimic real life when creating guns in a game. There are limitations in PS2. For instance, they can't crank up the render distance of infantry to make 1 mile long shots. That is impossibly demanding and would be a completely broken mechanic in a game like PS2. You don't need to be 1500 meters away to be effective as a sniper either.

Bottom line, you obviously need improvement. 1-2 kills before you die, sounds like you are one of those snipers that just stand uncloaked on the crest of a hill. Suppressors will never be effective at long ranges, so stop complaining and remove the attachment if you want to snipe from long ranges. From far away you don't need a suppressor anyway.