Can we please balance the game out?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Raptor0822, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Raptor0822

I have always played a sniper class in any game I have ever played. And I for one am getting sick and tired of the class having no utilites. We can't take down planes, we lose (if you play a real sniper) in a 1v1 close up to any class. And it is crazy hard to snipe from over 400 meters away on any target that isnt just sitting still.
    How is it far that 1 plane can just rocket pod a mountain and see thermal/night vision and spot you at nothing when we can't even use night vision/thermal scopes. How is it far that so many classes are just point and click but we have to be a headshot from anything over 75 meters.
    Then on top of that you can not use a suppressor and snipe at any distance. Thus meaning we appear on the mini map to any and all within range. Again how is that fair? If we are to be in the shadows and everyone knows that we have to get altidue and overlook something and pick off only the sitting targets... but yet we can't use any thermal/nightvision scopes nor any device to allow us to stay hidden (suppressor)....
    All I ask is for a challange. Not just some random fun when every noob is on and I can rack up some kills. I want to be able to sit atop a mountain and do like a real sniper does and force people to stay indoors.
  2. cyb_

Sounds like you simply need a bit more practice. :)

Support a squad. Use your secondary weapon, semi auto rifles or scout rifles to damage light vehicles and ESF (that way you can even kill burning liberators ;) ).

Make sure you hold your breath when using bold action rifles. Using the silencer can be a bit tricky at times, but it does work. Do not expect to be able to one hit kill many targets though.

As for night vision scopes: test the scout rifles, they can be equipped with HV/NV scopes. Test them in the VR area and find out whether you like the semi or full auto version.
  3. DocteurVK

o_O

:eek:

Please, show me how you do it!
    • Up x 3
  4. Zazen

I spent my first 20 levels sniping, I'm BR 100 now. I made very good use of the LA 80 with suppressor on it and used the longshot un-suppressed for long range work. Once in a while I'll pull it out again for a change of pace. I will say players don't stand still as much as they used to. But, by and large it's still pretty easy whether suppressed or un-suppressed, you just need to use your personal waypoints, terrain features, nearby buildings or whatever as range finders to compensate for drop reliably.

What it boils down to is a risk vs. reward balancing act. You can't have infiltrators insta-gibbing infantry that have no opportunity to fight back AND give them the ability to knock out vehicles, it's would be too much.
    • Up x 5
  5. MrK

Just a matter of having the lucky last shot. I got a fair few lucky ESF kills with my Gauss Burst this way (one again yesterday). When a plane is on a last stage of smoke, shoot it, no question.
  6. DocteurVK

No, He mentioned liberator kills with small arms fire.

I was just sarcastic (And you stole my face, I know)
    • Up x 1
  7. MrK

Errrr

** hides in shame **
  8. Raptor0822

You didn't even bother to read or you are not understanding what I posted. Please read before you post nonsense.
  9. Raptor0822

OK so you are saying that a suppressed sniper shouldnt be able to take a 500 meter shot? Again please read before you post nonsense.... I wasnt asking for your opinion on what you think I should do to impove my gameplay. I understand and fully know how to snipe. Just in this game snipers are way to weak.
  10. Vaphell

Yes you can. No matter what 50% of sniper gunplay is in sniper vs sniper duels, just look at the thread asking how many deaths to snipers people have. People playing frontline stuff say that it's like 0-4 out of 100 deaths. My stats per class killed
    Code:
    ENG	CM	HA	MAX	LA	INF
    25%	8%	29%	0%	12%	26%
    back then you could take 750@10->550@75 LA80, slap suppressor on it for 750@0->550@50 and own people left and right if you knew how to manage the drop. Current situation is that the omnipresent NW5 throws that setup out the window because the OHK threshold is brought down by 20m, to 30m.
    There is plenty of risk in 30-70 band and most rifles stop working there. All you get is a lot of angry HAs who can shred yoass to pieces at 75 no problem with their uberLMGs. NW in fact discourages aggressive play, eg Mustarde who was not known for being a cowardly bushwookie recently said that he pulled back because his close and personal playstyle depended on OHK to stay alive longer than 15s and NW foiled his plans all the time. At longer ranges he gets denied more often by NW but is relatively risk free so he doesn't suffer as much downtime (respawn, legwork to reach good sniping positions)
  11. Raptor0822

See here is what I am saying.... The longest kill shot with a sniper in real life is 1.53 miles (2462.3) meters. In this game you can't even see 1500 meters away let alone make a 1000 meter shot. Why should we be double and triple shooting targets at 500 meters and under?
    2nd, No you can not use any thermal/night vision scopes for any sniper rifle... Why? I have no idea. Again it is used in real life on a scoped gun just like the one used to make the worlds longest sniper shot....
    Thus saying if we can't snipe from a far and we have to get close we need abilites to defend ourselves... Snipers suck 1v1 upclose. So if we cant camp 1500 meters away give us things to improve our usefullness.
    I'd rather just be able to get some real scopes, sit way back and snipe away.
  12. ironeddie

I suppose being the infiltrator your utilities (recon dart) are designed to help with infiltrating not sniping. I think there is a good argument to create a sole sniper class.

The only class that can touch an aircraft is the HA with their rocket launcher. Everyone else needs a vehicle in which a count the MAX to provide an anti air role. So why should a sniper have AA?

Close up something like the commissioner would probably get you some kills, but as a sniper why are you getting into CQC situations. If you want to fight up close switch to a different primary weapon & use your cloak to get close or change class.

You should I think have thermal scope options on all weapons.

Don't think I'm wrong in saying most real world snipers are not using surpressors at least not at the longest ranges & the noise these weapons make do give away your position. Though a sniper would have several back up locations, other perches to move to having given away their position. I don't see why it shouldn't be like that in game. If snipers never gave away their position then nobody would ever be able to kill them. That's not fair on other players. There has to be some risk in sniping.
    • Up x 1
  13. Black Humor

Your logic is flawed from the get go;

A.) The Class is called Infiltrator, not sniper.

B.) You say it's crazy hard to snipe from far away then ask for a challenge.

C.) Take a look at the weekly leaderboards for Waterson. Top 3 all play infiltrator..some 99 and 100% of the time. Notice a mix of weapons, and 30-60% accuracy for pistols. These guys have no trouble slaughtering with SMG, Rifle or pistols, and therefore neither should anyone else.

Take a look at your playstyle and make sure you are always in a hex that suits the way YOU want to attack the enemy. If opportunity is not there, hunt somewhere else.

Practice using your pistol, even the default vanu turd can be lethal with proper positioning + aim. Personally I like the commissioner and a good 200 + of my kills are enemy infiltrators dying to a single bullet. A good pistol user always has a chance against any infantry.

• Up x 3
  14. Mugze

Actually a real sniper is after one target and then disappears. If a real sniper would sit on a mountain and shoot everything that he saw... he would die.

And why are you complaining about being killed by thermal using aircraft... do you want dual burster arms as well? And another thought what the heck are you trying to accomplish in this post. I know for a fact that there are MANY people who are very successful at sniping, all day every day. Why can they do it and you can't, maybe they developed tactics, favorite spots, pack sniping? Instead of whining on the forums, get in game, strap on the GD boots and LEARN to play your class better. I don't know if you know this or not but this is not a soup kitchen where you get free meals, get back on the battlefield and earn your meal you welfare warrior!

I look forward to seeing your progress!
  15. Raptor0822

Again why are you guys posting nonsense and your opinions or your thoughts on how to make me better? I am not asking for any of that. There is only 1 class that can use a sniper rifle but it fails. Go put a suppressor on and make hs all day long. Guess what. You will come to find that it takes 2 hs at a 150 meters to kill with a suppressed. Or they are making the hs box way way smaller when you suppress...
    Also like I said the reason I am within 200 meters is cause the game does not allow snipers to take and hit shots like in real life from 1000 meters +. Thus allowing anyone to flank me cause with hundreds of people looking at the mountain it doesnt take a sniper to spot a sniper 200 meters away... If my scopes are just good enough to kill you from a couple hundred meters then why can your scopes see me from a couple hundred meters?
    And again yes I want a challange. If snipers were like they should be then you would have to have them to win. And then it would turn into a sniper vs sniper from hilltop to hilltop battle.
    And then again why are you complaining when you know for a fact that a "normal" snipping distance is 150 meters or less. And at that range machine guns in this game can 6-10 shot people. It takes me 2-4 shots depeding on where I hit with my suppressed. and 1-3 under 75 meters. But sure I can unsuppress my rifle. and get quicker kills oh wait no everyone and thier brother then knows I'm sitting on the hillside and just runs away till I am forced to fall back or move in.
    I am not saying that I can't get kills.... I just get killed for about every one or two kills I get cause I have to get within range to do anything.
    Lastly stop posting nonsense. If you want to "hate" post go play the class with a sniper rifle then come tell me how it went.
  16. Raptor0822

Look at this. This is someone who actually plays a sniper and has took the time I didn't to get deeper into things. 30-70 meters suppressed. WOW! how hard is it not to stop a sniper at 70 meters?
    • Up x 1
  17. Vaphell

i admit i am having trouble getting what you wanted to actually say here.
    • Up x 2
  18. Get2dachoppa

A) Name of the class is irrelevant. Bottom line, we are the only class with access to sniper rifles. Therefore, Infiltrators are meant to be the snipers of PS2. Its that simple.

B) Long range sniping has a number of unique factors that make it difficult. In general, its safer but less rewarding too.

C) I checked the current top 3 weekly leaders for kills on Waterson. I have more sniper rifle kills than all of them combined. They are all SMG infiltrators. One of them primarily plays Engineer too and is <30% Infiltrator.
    • Up x 1
  19. raw

The balance is fine, the scope of classes is incomplete as are other parts of the game.
  20. Black Humor

Sup Malkosis, an Infil being an engi in a vehicle does throw off the stats but it's obvious when those dude foot slog they are Infiltrator.

Your 4 riflles almost equal my primary in kills, my mentioning those guys was to point out to the OP that Infiltrator IS a viable class, not to get into a pissing contest. But if we must a .86 primary wep K/M stomps a 0.14 K/M. Not to mention the insane SPM that the guys I listed have. Kudos for excellent accuracy on your rifles tho, trumps mine by quite a bit.

Them being SMG is the point, this class is viable, but if you want to snipe and have a good SPM then you must be accurate and be solid with your sidearm to protect yourself because people will come after you. OP wants a challenge, then be a more methodical sniper, if he doesn't he can go SMG and lay smack down.

The point is he calls for balance but Infiltrator can already demolish if played well, no issue with the class even if he struggles.
    • Up x 2