[Suggestion] Can we make Drifter Jets usefull please?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Achmed20, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Lakora

Why make it faster? Considering drifting is generally considered a high speed maneuver and currently the Drifters are only a tiny bit faster than sprinting. So while it still is drifting, you can barely argue that it's a high speed maneuver with the Drifters... Ascend nah, as you say get jump jets. What I wouldn't mind tho is keeping the movement speed up no matter what direction you're moving.

Currently it's like 100% Forward, 50% Left/Right, 25% Back where as you're actually controlling your momentum by the use a bloody jetpack if it can keep you moving forward at 100% it should at least let you move Left/Right and back at 100% as well.
  2. CraftKing

ahh thanks for clarifying that to me. well i agree it should keep the momentum when you run before drifting. i vote for that.

and maybe buff the speed on left, right a bit but not the 'exactly' the same speed as forward. backwards? maybe a lil bit but not on equal with the left and right. coz think about it, you run, jump and drift. the speed follows your momentum, how the hell can you drift backwards. maybe a good example in real life is a parachute. well, that's only my opinion. that's how i imagine drifter jet should work and how the dev intended it to be.

maybe a much better example is a stunt kite.
  3. Lakora

Well what I meant was that if you're running forward, Jump out, start drifting, do a 180 and go backwards you oughta keep that momentum. Currently as it is you'll slow down cause the Drifters got a subtle forward thrust to them even if you're hovering still.
  4. Compass

You can fly backwards with drifters because Nanites reverse the flow of air.