[Suggestion] Can we make Drifter Jets usefull please?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Achmed20, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Lakora

Drifters are awesome, stop trying to use them as normal jump jets...

Anyway drifters are broken now with the patch... 7/10 times you'll rubberband back to where you were.
  2. Kogmaw

I dont want them as normal Jet-Pack, i want them to flow better. you know, make the functionality functional
  3. Village

This is what they were like in Beta, the speed is nothing like what it was and you're an incredibly easy to hit airborne target now.

4. Lakora

Well I keep seeing LA's with drifters on Miller trying to use them as normal jump jets than proclaiming they're unusable. :p

Yeah, that's alot faster than now... Wish it went that fast, now it's more like sprinting speed if I'm not mistaken.
  5. BH Brigade

What were icarus jets?
    • Up x 1
  6. Compass

Imagine standard jump jets that went twice as far and twice as fast for the same energy bar, but has twice as long of a cooldown.
    • Up x 1
  7. chrollo

i love drifters jets but they bugged them somening fierce in update 2
  8. blzbug

Dayum! I really like drifters, but that makes me drool!
  9. Kogmaw

I see people try to use them for jumping too, its pretty funny
    i have yet to try more air-borne targets, but the only place i can really find them useful is on Indar where i can jump off a mountain or rock and toss C4 to the vehicles below.

Ill have to try some air-borne though.
    sounds fun!
  10. Wildclaw

Drifters are faster than adrenaline pump sprinting. Probably 15-20% over ordinary sprinting speed (adrenaline pump is 10% I think).
  11. Lakora

Oh it is very fun, I'd suggest trying to imagine everything around you as a ramp. >:D Only places I can't go is ontop of towers unless I'm flying in.

Well the difference ain't really noticeable in comparison to sprinting. At least not now with the rubberbanding heck couldn't even leave a spawn room today cause of teleporting back.
    • Up x 1
  12. nubery

Level 6 drifter jets let you hover for 30 seconds.

Do you have any idea what you can do with 30 seconds worth of positioning and overwatch?
  13. ShumaKun

Drifters are fun, but I use It rarely, jump jets gives you way more options. I would consider drifters as main ability if they buff drifters climbing ability or give them some upward thrust. Climbing building wall is like snail race
  14. chrollo

for those wanting to know how fast its about 30 meters a second i think or nearly a kilometer with maxed drifters
  15. Wrel Developer

Drifters have never been and will never be useless.

They will let you do things standard jump jets could never come close to.

Level 5 is a 30 second hang time. 30 seconds of cruising around at 150% movement speed, crossing vast expanses of terrain, lobbing smoke, C-4, and grenade fire on unsuspecting enemies, then dropping behind them as they look at you with eyes like a deer in headlights.

Drifter Jump Jets Are Amazing.

EDIT: Just realized this thread was quite old, but the point stands.
  16. Achmed20

thread date? old? also i allready said here in this thread that they are not useless and made other threads and vids about them ...
  17. TooIndecisive

Drifter jets are amazing. While situational, they can allow the LA player to gain a HUGE tactical advantage. In places like the Crown, it can get almost OP in terms of what you can do and where you can get to.
  18. Mogi67

They need to revert the drifter jet glide speed back to beta levels. Or at least let the adrenaline pump boost stack with the jump/drifter jets to allow for greater speed
  19. Zeekez

I just wish when you held down W you could go the same distance / altitude as you could with tapping it while gaining the speed of holding it down.
  20. CraftKing

Drifter = Drift = As intended the name suggest. Why make it faster? Why make it go ascend? Get jump jets. Stop asking for one sidegrade to be everything you need.