Can we have the old lightning coloration back?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AssaultPig, Feb 5, 2014.

1. AssaultPig

Or at least, an option to change it back?

The NC version looks awful, and most of my vehicle camos don't match anymore
    • Up x 3
  2. Freedym Fry

Yes, please.
  3. AssaultPig

I mean like, I get that it's kind of a minor thing but I bought camos and such on the basis of what matched the existing vehicle colors

and now the ugly metallic faction color ruins that, and looks terrible next to really any of the terrain-based vehicle camo
  4. Pikachu

Yellow is a heck of a lot more neutral and therby versatile than high saturation blue. :mad:
  5. AssaultPig

I guess liberators got the same treatment?

seriously who looked at this stuff and though 'yeah that looks good'
  6. Tar

liberators camo coverage was bad and ugly before already
  7. LeafTheLeafeon

Give it some time to see what soe will do wth these faction stripes.
    I seem to recall them proposing multiple camos on a vehicle (a secondary camo applied where the stripes are now). Sounds cool.
  8. DeadlyShoe

Yeah, I don't know where the post is, but IIRC the devs explained it as follows:

the new textures are more optimized, designed to preserve faction-identifiable colors (particularly for NS stuff like lightnings/harassers), and in the long run will support more gameplay features, like:

*Vehicle jacking and subsequent changing of colors (if the devs decide to add it)
    *custom placement of decals
    *multiple camo patterns per vehicle

*playstation 4 :p
  9. Ravenorth

Same happened to flashes some time ago, for VS they changed teal to purple, which made it look really bad...
  10. Nintyuk

Ironically If you use that new shatter camo it looks like it was before but with reversed colours.
  11. AssaultPig

maybe they could make it more of a matte blue? It would still be kinda uggo but at least it would match the brightness of the vehicle camos