Can VS be the 4th faction now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beartornado, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Beartornado

I'm ready for the NC pops to drop again. Only true FREEDOM FIGHTERS can resist the temptations of spandex and hovertanks.
    • Up x 2
  2. LonelyTerran

3. MNO

Don't worry, too many macho 15 year olds that would insist that purple is gay.

But you can keep them, it's okay :D
    • Up x 3
  4. K3STR3L

Purple is fine, it's the men running around in tight spandex that is setting of alarm bells. Either Julian Clary or Alan Carr would make a good announcer for Vanu, don't you think?

I do hope the 4th faction(scum) do go back to Vanu, rather that than SOE buff them into god mode just to appeal to players.
  5. VSDerp

Must be ******** you got killed by a man in spandex lol
  6. -Synapse-

About time for the cleansing. Only the strong will survive.
  7. Loegi

Doubt it. VS will probably see a slight increase in pop, but I don't think it would be significant enough to see a real decrease in TR and NC pop.
  8. MNO

A lot of VS players have been VS since PS1, hence why even when we're in the ground in terms of balance, most servers still field atleast 25% server pop, which isn't bad in terms of VS history.
  9. GSZenith

just when i started to like TR again :( oh well vs here i come.
  10. Bloodmyth

I think you're confused, you mean will the VS now carry the 4th faction, not that we want them.
  11. Badgerific

If VS pop rises it'll be from people that call themselves "pro" and just switch sides with every second GU because they wanna play the so called "OP" faction to "dominate"...until the next "nerf" when they'll just move somewhere else because someone wrote other faction is better now.

We don't want people like that ... you chaps can keep them... they don't deserve to wear spandex.
  12. Radiculopathy

The damage falloff over longer ranges being decreased will just mean we will be on an even field against NC and TR. Lack of bullet drop never helped us in any way because of vertical recoil which actually helps those with bullet drop. Plus having an accurate water pistol isn't exactly useful. Besides, most engagements are medium to low range anyway.

Mag rider required the changes to make it on a par with the other MBT's, however all MBTs are UP because of rocket/missile spam so this slight mag buff won;t change anything. You won't see more mag riders than usual as they get torn to shreds like other MBTs by constant infantry and esf spam.
  13. Shinniok

Despite being welcome, i dont see this changes to VS are CRAZY, i dont see a game changing buff in here... which i think is actually good, things must remain balanced... VS MAXes is what needs to get buffed, and the magrider, despite i think that this accel. buff will not change anything, the thing is still pretty lame to me, i will keep my lightning. I think SOE needs to rethink the whole vehicle thing, too many HA spamming missiles ( i say it as an actual HA player, 99,9 % of the time ) . Luckily they made the mines more visible, and the PPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM jetpacks audible, now *-*
  14. K3STR3L

The people who stick to their faction through the rough times I have respect for. The 4th faction scum has 0 respect by anyone hopefully, except the dumb children who think its cool to switch sides all the time.
  15. MNO

Yea, I really don't worry about all this "4th faction" stuff. I just find it funny that people actually do that more than anything else, it's amusing how pops change depending on patch outcomes, you could nerf VS into the ground and I'd still find a way to enjoy playing it - granted the odd outburst on the forum might happen, I'd still be having fun. I just couldn't ever play TR or NC seriously and feel like it was "my faction", I tried NC at the start of the release, got to BR 40 odd and just realised it didn't feel right, there was no purple.

I mean ****, I don't even like VS, didn't like VS in PS1 either, yet for some reason it was the only faction I got along with and now I'm stuck here :D
  16. YoXn

Well. To dominate right now. You are gonna need to buy an Ursa, and Phobos. Both which cost 700 SC. Invest a bit into the magrider, buy the Saron. It's not like the NC. Boom, you just get your Gauss Saw, and you are good to go. But ofc you need to purchase the Claw.