Can someone please analyse my stats or something?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarII, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Bu11ish

On my task bar it says "Can someone please anal..."

Was afraid I still had my p0rn tab open..
    • Up x 1
  2. DarkStarII

I've tried it. It's alright but gets frustrating really quickly, ruining the fun. :(
  3. DarkStarII

I think I'm getting better! :D
  4. EclecticDreck

Your IVI is sub 400 and is the result of low HSR and Accuracy. With an IVI that low, you will struggle to get a kill in the space of a carbine magazine as a VS. Your damage per hit stats, meanwhile, are *very* low and your hits per kill are very high. There are two guess I could make based on this - first, you have trouble tracking moving targets at common combat ranges (0 - 20m) and second you tend to engage targets beyond the effective range of your preferred weapons.

Once, I had similar stats and I corrected the issue. First, I lowered my mouse sensitivity tremendously - it is a painful transition but is the most important change I ever made in game. Second, I started turning off the shiny graphical features until I could consistently keep fairly high frame rates. From there, I simply deliberately tried to make consistent shooting a part of every life.

The second issue I see is that your KPM is very low. While part of that is due to mediocre shooting, a lot of it is likely the result of spending time in zergs. You spend five minutes waiting for a kill, on average. Leave the zerg and find fights where there are actually people to shoot. Yes, you lose your safety net but that is a necessary part of getting better. Don't worry if you get turbodunked - when it happens, think about why it happened and make whatever changes you need to avoid it in the future.

In short: make whatever changes you need to track moving targets with fire and then adopt the mindset that says you will get better every life. Follow through with the latter and you'll get better.
  5. KaletheQuick

You need... to stop caring about stats.
    Embrace death, let it free you.
    I am not BAD at shooters, but I have never gotten to what anyone considers 'good' at planetside 2. I have my moments, but they are outliers, not the norm. There are other ways to assist the war effort. Once you shift your focus from kills and KDR, to taking objectives, denying the enemy, and aiding your allies, the game is far more fun.
    For awhile I would just run and jump around like a crazy person, and when someone would shoot me I would say/think to myself "Jokes on them, that's a waste of bullets. I'm TERRIBLE at this game." Then imagine them getting mowed down by the allies my body kept alive.
  6. DarkStarII

When did I say I cared about my stats? I just wanted to know how I'm doing.
  7. KaletheQuick

When you inquired as to their whereabouts.

If you want to know how you did, I would recommend recording your gameplay and analyzing what you are doing. You see a lot in hindsight, and that can help you plan.
  8. Shiaari

I agree with Flag, you are very aggressive. This conclusion can be drawn from the following:
    • KDR less than 1.0
    • Majority Infiltrator play
    • Extensive SMG use
    • Minimal sniper rifle use
    So, you like to run around as an Infiltrator blasting people with an SMG. You also tend to get killed quicker as a result, leading to the lower KDR. I'd say you're doing fine for your playstyle. No single stat says you do well. They all speak together.

If I had to point out a flaw, I'd say that your play style is fairly one dimensional. You've specialized as an infiltrator and don't do much else.

The greatest caveat to this is that this is one character. You could have others. So really all of this is speculation.
    • Up x 1
  9. DarkStarII

I believe I mentioned earlier in this thread why I can't record things. :(
    Atleast it's not 99% infiltrator ;)

This is the only character that I haven't had the heart to delete. I think the highest level of any other character I've had was 24. Currently I have a 15 and a 1...
  10. Peebuddy

Woa, why are you deleting characters? The only reason I would have deleted a lvl 24 was if I made it after the the free 100 certs per BR until 15.

IMO part of your low performance is little flexibility, you don't have the cert pool to change tactics depending on the situation. That flexibility is what'll improve your score not deleting toons because you think your K/D is slightly better.

I can't tell you how many times I would bash my head against a brick wall as a heavy only to recoup my losses when the fight turns into vehicle combat.
  11. DarkStarII

Umm, the character we're looking at here is BR 87 and has earned about 52,000 certs.

That was why I had deleted that level 24 character.
  12. KaletheQuick

What system do you have? I have a GTX 750 ti, those are ~$100 these days. Lets see if we can FILL YOU UP WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLIDAYS!