Can someone make a short video on the effects, radius, and wall penetration of Concussion grenades?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Village, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Village

Thanks. Even without commentary using the in-game recorder would be enough. I want to know what i'm getting before i purchase.

We have one for the EMP grenades already, i recommend subscribing to this guys channel he is great.
  2. MaxDamage

WTF, there are EMP grenades?!
  3. RHINO_Mk.II

I just certed into them today, range is somewhere between 8-12 meters (hard to test it myself because of lolbounces, wish we still had rangefinder tool from beta so I could just look at where it landed) In any case, I know it does occasionally penetrate through walls because I have concussed myself accidentally through a wall. Haven't done any real testing on that capability though. I also have noticed that occasionally it will detonate with an extremely short fuse for no apparent reason. Haven't figured that one out either.

As for the effects, it drastically reduces mouse sensitivity and movement speed of the affected player(s), as well as leaving them with a faded weapon outline when they do try to look around. I believe the effect duration is the same regardless of your distance from the center of the detonation. The duration appears to be 4-5 seconds, but I have not timed it. It also causes players to drastically overcompensate when the effect wears off for another half second to one second. Have not done any testing on MAX units.

Hopefully I can get some more time to test them, I only had an hour to mess around with em before work today and infantry resources were scarce.
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

Wasted a few more nades to get a slightly better picture. Range seems to be 9 meters +/- 1 meter. Movement speed is slowed such that sprinting while concussed is roughly as fast as walking while aiming down sights. Turn rate is slowed significantly - it took me about 3 seconds to do a 360 degree spin with my mouse. Probably not significant and mid-long ranges because you can't move fast enough, but at mid-short range and under they won't be able to track you if you keep moving. Still getting the occasional early detonation and don't know why.
  5. GSZenith

just buy it and enjoy throwing it downhill run forward /y ulitmate powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, while you kill 5+ before running out of ammo, then you jump a bit while knifing 2-4ppl before finally dying.
  6. RHINO_Mk.II

I have yet to be in a combat situation where I was confident that the concussion hit would allow me to knife someone, but I'm still looking for the chance.
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

The effect might be stronger if you hit close;
    It ALWAYS penetrates level geometry; The Grenade is impact detonation, no real fure to be had.
    Great for outdoors, hard to utilize in cramped spaces.
    Range I'd say 8-10 meters; Basically, If you're at the top of some stairs, and someone comes up, don't throw the grenade, you'll stun yourself.
    It doesn't matter what stairs, there are no stairs long enough in Planetside 2 to avoid that. Price is rather steep at 75, I'd prefer a bit smaller radius for less.

Back on topic, I thought about making a video, but to be perfectly honest I never did, and I just can't be arsed convinced to do it.
    I certainly don't regret the purchase. There's a vid for Beta, but they work nothing like that now.
  8. Skadi

Yeah... there actualy realy usefull if you use them right, but i want SMG's as infiltrator for CQC paired with emp's.
  9. RHINO_Mk.II

So they detonate on impact and affect everyone within the radius regardless of cover? Starting to seem more viable when outside a building trying to get in.

Edit: They don't seem to detonate on impact if you throw them right at your feet, which is probably why I didn't catch on earlier.
  10. NuGundam

For a month, I actually thought the Concussion grenade effect was a bug, because there was no indication you were actually hit by anything!

I would always tab out and reset my sensitivity.
  11. Intruder313

So Concussion does not count as a Hit? If you Concuss a ton of people and others then shoot them do you get an Assist?
  12. MaxDamage

No assists for concussing, no.
  13. RHINO_Mk.II

I think it does have a tiny damage radius that does about half a shield segment of damage - Pretty sure I've gotten some assists with it because I can't think of where else they came from. The assist damage radius on the nades is far smaller than their stun, though, so don't expect many assists.
  14. WNxPlatinum

I have gotten assists
    with the Concussion Nade, a fair bit actually, not sure if it a small it radius hit or any one affected.
  15. RHINO_Mk.II

Seems to do about 150 damage (you have 500 shields) if you are standing right on top of it when it goes off.
  16. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Can confirm the bit of damage.
    Still think the radius is too large.
    Looks like it's impact detonation after a second fuse, that's why throwing it at the ground doesn't immediately detonate it.
  17. LabRatTy

I find you really have to aim up to throw it far enough to avoid hitting yourself with it. I guess because it detonates on impact, so it's closer to you than other grenades. And because the radius is absolutely massive. So I try to land it behind my opponents.

Unlike the frag grenades, you can pretty much always hit with it, and it nearly guarantees kills. I could see them being nerfed if people actually knew about them.