Can some one explain.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by DragonOps, Aug 3, 2015.

1. DragonOps

How making deep cloak obvious, considering you have to be standing still and crouched as a weak classes, is balanced in any way whatsoever?

Honestly, when I go stalker infiltrator, random people will literally unload their gun into my head from several meters away even if they didn't see me before I went into deep cloak.

As heavy assault, I literally walk up to the crouching infiltrator and almost instantly kill them with my chain gun. It is just an obvious blur if you know the difference between a straight line and a squiggly line, anyone who took a geometry class in their life should be able to spot an infiltrator in high settings after getting killed by them 3 times.

I quit this game a while ago when brain using people learned that invisibility can exist in an fps game, and to shot anything blurry or distorted at all.

Now that the game has been handled by two entire companies, I still don't see how either one decided that "no complete invisibility" is balanced for a weak class. As infiltrator, I get killed by Br 3s, as heavy assault I still get free kills from any stalker infiltrator no matter what their ranks are.

I would like to see at least one real argument with solid evidence on how this can be fair.

So far I have seen these:

"it is fair for new players" but then it isn't fair for infiltrators. Why not gives newbs a mini nuke if that makes sense.

"in heat of battle, people are too distracted to spot you" except no they aren't. If anything, you aren't on a beach sipping a drink, you are in a heightened state of mind.

"hide in grassy areas" except that it is obvious when a clump of grass doesn't have the shape of a normal clump of grass.

"stalker cloak is to pick off weak people and newbs" except almost no one plays lone ranger and if they do aren't weakened by team mates, they are killed. Also, I have no psychic ability to tell if some one is skilled or not, and even if I did, the game has been out long enough for the majority of people to know about infiltrators.

"stay at a distance" Doesn't that completely contradict the point of having your sniper rifle removed while using stalker cloak?

"don't use stalker cloak" ................

"use strategy" except I am, and so is my enemy, he sees me and shoots me, even if I am 10 meters away in deep cloak.

"stalker is for recon" any other infiltrator can use the recon tool from a distance, it isn't hard to hit a building, and not to mention they can go on to snipe people in that building.

"it is fair for people with bad rigs" again, why is it fair anyone can see deep cloak obviously to begin with.

"how come the most skilled player can use it" just because a class is possibly usable, doesn't mean it is balanced. Common sense.

"with the one shot melee and post-release side-arms, you can still do damage" except other primaries do more damage and you will die before decloaking to do that damage.
  2. Navron

I hate to give the cliche answer (which you've already put in the list) but effective Stalker cloaking requires time and practice. I dunno how long you've been playing or how well you play it but it seems to me that you should try something different. If you're getting caught in deep cloak immediately, there are several things you could be doing wrong but I'd bet that the main thing is a combination of poor choice of position as well as bad background textures.

I don't play Stalker cloak as religiously as some of the other dedicated Infils here but I can tell you that it's definitely an art.
    • Up x 1
  3. DragonOps

Except no matter what the back ground, I can still see and kill infiltrators while playing HA. I have gotten rage from stalkers and to be honest, it isn't hard, at all, to see deep cloak on high settings. Since stalker cloak was added, I have been killed once by a stalker cloak compared to the many snipers.

That being said, I doubt it is the "90% of infiltrator players" that are the problem.
  4. Iridar51

Not sure where your issue comes from. I'm playing stalker currently, and I don't have many issues with that. It's the opposite; I've been amazed at the poor awareness of the majority of players. Often I just sprint directly through enemy line of sight and remain unnoticed, unless I'm within 20-30m distance from them.

The vast majority of players cannot see me when I crouchwalk, unless they stare directly at me at very close range.

I guess it all comes down to judgement; whether you can recognize if the enemy is distracted enough to not notice you.

If an experienced enemy knows there is a stalker in certain area, he will find him eventually. But when I just infiltrate some place, I usually remain unnoticed in deep cloak, so much so that enemies often walk right through me.
    • Up x 1
  5. DragonOps

I admit, some people do that, but all it takes is one "pro" or one "high end gaming rig" and that guy will take you out. If I only played infiltrator, I might be like okay, maybe he did it by accident or maybe there was a glitch, but I go heavy assault and I easily spot and kill deep cloaked stalkers.

There are people like me, people who have hundreds of hours, a maxed out gaming rig, and who play heavy assault. I literally feel guilt whenever I kill a deep cloaked stalker because I know what it feels like, and it plain out isn't fair for the stalkers.

Also, as you said, "majority of players", in a squad of multiple people, chances are there is that one guy who will see and kill you.
  6. Iridar51

So do I :D It's not because stalker cloaking is bad. It's because stalkers are bad :p

Cloaking in general has been underpowered for very long. Recently it finally got some buffs / fixes, and now it's adequate.

Infiltrators who are easy to notice are making themselves easy to notice.
  7. 0fly0

Most of the time it's because they move, a guy try to knife me today, lucky for me he move a little at 20 meters from me but it was enought for getting headshot, i notice i have more trouble spotting stalker since the buff.
    I agree with you most of players have terrible awareness and don't even ear the sound of the crossbow.
  8. Iridar51

Barely anyone uses the crossbow except for stalkers. Its sound is basically ALERT RED SPY IS IN THE BASE :D
  9. 0fly0

tell me about it, everytime i ear that sound i quickly turn for watching if there is a stalker in my back
  10. ALTRego

Yea before this last patch for cloaks there was a huge lag between stop move and cloak norm. We all saw it. Its been that way since the large Cloak Update couple years ago. That lag and the non use of the crouch feature just added was the main reason for the failure of the Stalk. As for the hunters and snipes its more to do with knowing the stealth game in general. Not to mention the rest of the general public that screws us because they don't know to not walk behind or stand near us when cloaked. The crossbow guys, I figure they all watched hunger games too many times. Let's face it by the time the crossbow gets to the second shot the smg or pistol can unload a full clip and have started on the second. So two shots vs 30-80 for smg or 6-21 rounds for pistol. There are still a few bugs that need to be ironed out. Judging from the amount of attention the cloak game gets from the devs I don't see it happening before the game dies out completely.
  11. DragonOps

In all honesty, it is SO easy to see deep cloak against ANY texture if you have max settings. It isn't like the stalkers can just hack your pc irl and change your settings to low. There is nothing they can do to stay hidden except stay at a distance, and again they have no sniper.
  12. Iridar51

No idea what you're talking about. I play on all ultra, and sometimes I barely even notice an infiltrator in deep cloak as I move right through him.
  13. Syphers

The cloak is fine, i'd increase the duration time on the stalker but the concealment effect is fine. You have to mind your background, lighting and take advantage of surrounding objects like grass leaves or dead branches (esamir) which is better than nothing.
  14. DragonOps

Except it doesn't matter if the majority of people can't spot a well hidden infiltrator. All it takes is one guy to kill you, and in a squad there usually is that one guy that sees you.

It may be I have good eyes or whatever, but I shouldn't instantly make all infiltrators near me useless because I am heavy assault.
  15. Iridar51

I just don't get what kind of playstyle do you expect from stalker. If there's a squad of people sitting on a capture point and looking around, and NOTHING else happens, then yeah, they will see the stalker, god knows what he might be doing there.

How are you playing the stalker, what you are trying to do with it?
  16. Syphers

I RARELY get caught like that because I keep my distance when I have to and I try to move at the right time. But even sometimes when there's a flow passing by and I can't dodge it I just stand still not looking at any other direction because that might give it away and they just pass by.

A memorable run I had some time ago on a small 2 meters wide bridge the major chokepoint of a big 64/64 fight at daytime, a whole platoon of VS running by me every secs because their sundies were on the other side. I was uncloaking every couple taking shots at the unsuspecting betwen the waves and people were taking cover right infront of me. I stayed there for a good 15mins lol then I moved around to distract their spawnpoint.
    • Up x 1
  17. AlterEgo

As I've said today, yesterday was the first day in many where I felt crouch-cloaking enemies could not be recognized quickly. Even a standing Infiltrator at two meters was something I doubted at first. However, I was in a Lightning with the standing cloak, so the threat was nonexistent. Still, cloaking has obviously been improved. You just need to be skilled to notice a cloaked player, or you can rely on a bug with flashlights (this is an actual thing; sometimes, and for whatever reason, flashlights will not render).
    • Up x 1
  18. Navron

Dunno...I think Iridar's video of a LA with a crossbow disagree with you.
  19. Sevinos

If you wanted a fair class, go play heavy. But you're here because you like the thrill of sitting in a base, ghost capping, stabbing, and playing this game like it's a more badass version of Assassin's Creed.
    There are ways to avoid death. If I see anyone walk straight towards me with a pistol, I usually move. So many people think it's funny to kill a Stalker with a sidearm/knife, so if they whip one out in front of you, it's meant for your head. If they ADS at you, run. Not many people ADS in close quarters just because that's how they aim, so if you see it happen, move or fight. Try to pick hiding spots above people. I found out the fun way last night you can climb the shield gens in larger bases and camp there. Most people just look in the corners on the floor or behind the gen, so they're less likely to look above eye level. And it gives you a nice view of their face just before you shoot it in.
    If you're getting chased because a Black/Flash light user walked in and you ran like a smart Stalker, toss a grenade/mine straight up. In most bases, the grenades will bounce back off the roof and land right behind you, where your chaser should be. They'll either stop and shoot the mine/dodge the 'nade or take the hit. If they tank it, you can now make the hunter the hunted by making a tight turn around a corner and waiting with your pistol of choice, OHK knife.
    • Up x 1
  20. CuteBeaver

This is actually a wonderful idea. Long time back I had a friend who was absolutely addicted to bouncing nades around, and she was really good at tossing explosive strawberries (as she liked to call them) in all sorts of weird and wonderful ways. I have often wondered if someone could master throwing nades like this if they could in fact be more helpful with the OHKnives. Keep being unique and if this is working for you I'd really like to see footage one day if possible. I love it when people think outside of the box. I might have to try bando with 4 frags, spiker + lumine edge for curiosity sake. I suspect it would take a while to look at the world around me differently and think about how a frag could be used like that though. Very cool comment.