can NC have this as their new sniper rifle?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GSZenith, Nov 2, 2013.

1. GSZenith

please? :(

also gn. gotta wake up in 6hours.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

Sure they can have a slow firing basilisk with scope.
    • Up x 2
  3. SpaceKing

That's actually not a bad idea methinks, lets you annoy tankers slightly - not actually killing them but stifling their auto-repair or maybe finishing off a flaming tank.

TR could have a two-round-burst semi-auto rifle.

VS could have a charge rifle that disintegrates on headshot, preventing revives, Jedi Knight-Disruptor style.
    • Up x 3
  4. Pikachu

W
    What about Jedi Knight concussion rifle? :rolleyes: Overpowered derp gun nr1. Was really cool though.
  5. SpaceKing

Heh, that's what the Test Vortex (Starfire) was pretty much
  6. Mhak

A 20mm sniper rifle...what the hell is that for. I mean really. The .50 cal sniper rifles are widely considered overkill for the vast majority of the applications it's used for, and painful to shoot. A 20mm sniper rifle is like tiny fist of god. Why not just call in air support or artillery at that point? I mean you must be shooting a tank or something.

That said I would absolutely love to have this on my sniper, even if it incured a -90% movement speed penalty. Sniping VS and TR at their warpgate from my warpgate would be worth it.
    • Up x 2
  7. Pikachu

But really you want NC to have a super hard sniper gun. Whats the point of it other than killing people with 1 shot? And we all know we cant allow a such gun.

Btw about autocannon caliber sniper rifles, iran has developed a similar thing except its shoulder fired with a giant bipod. Google it.
  8. Campagne

Not unless it can one-hit-kill non-MAX infantry with an upper-torso-shot or one-hit-kill non-MAX infantry with a headshot, no questions asked.
  9. AdmiralArcher

the TR should get the concussion rifle, three barreled LMG for the LA :D or medic :D
  10. Revanmug

Except if the damage was very high (which would be pretty stupid), if would be entirely pointless. You would lose a ****ton of important stats for what sniper should be doing (AI) for a mildly annoying tickling of a tank.

May as well keep your longshot, take your pistol and fire at the tank hoping to distract him for a easy target. Same effect.
  11. faykid

it would be fine with me if it could OHK at 300 m with body shot and OHK to the head beyond 300 m. it also should be AP, with a damage of 400 or something (compared to Decimator 2000 it's ok)

but movement penalty must be -30% or similar (even if you run with pistol atm), and it would take time to deploy (only possible to shoot when crouching), with at least 1 second longer reload than the other rifles

approaching an NC occupied base with towers would be more dangerous.
  12. Shadowyc

Thick *** cover, entrenched cannons, indirect firing at a specific target...which, with a bit of tech, is entirely possible.
  13. TheMercator

Actually there are no cal.50 Sniper rifles in most armies. They are declared as anti-tank rifles.
  14. bladedcross

After thinking about something like this, I think it would be amusing to give infil snipers a deployable rifle similar to the deployable turrets that engineers have. My only concern is the range at which this might be useful is probably outside of the average player's draw distance.
  15. Mhak

You're splitting hairs, there's not really a difference. The M82 is technically called an anti-material rifle but is issued to snipers to use for the purpose of sniping human targets quite regularly. Semantics don't change application.
  16. Unclematos7

Too cool. We probably will get this.
  17. Xale

Fun tidbit:
    The PS1 Bolt Driver did 80% of the damage of a Striker or Lancer projectile.

You could in theory instagib a Lightning or any ESAB with a team of 15 bolt drivers.
  18. Hatesphere

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
  19. efil4mocx

Too bad nanoweave is gonna stop the bullet
  20. Necron

I was under the impression it was against the Geneva Convention to use the large calibre sniper rifles against human targets?