Can I use my old account when I install the game from Steam?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by WUNDER8AR, Jan 29, 2016.

1. WUNDER8AR

Hey there,

haven't played in a while so today I wanted to fire up the game again. Turns out the launch pad doesn't come up (although its running according to task manager). There's probably quite a bunch of updates I have to install but it just won't. So I am considering to just reinstall the game but I would like to do so via Steam.

Now I haven't used Steam previously so my game used to run on its own. I have a station account or previously Pro7games account or whatever it was called since the beta and I'm wondering that if I'm going to install the game through steam, will I have to create a new Daybreak account? I still have this one with quite a bit of daybreak cash on it I believe and obviously I want to continue to use it. So can I just fire up steam, download PS2 and login with my account data that I already have for the game?

Thx in advance!
  2. haldolium

Steam doesn't matter at all, its really just a way of distribution in this case.

The only issue you might run to if I read your post right is when you forgot to click some links or stuff arround the time the Pro7 accounts were merged with the ordinary SOE profiles... I think there was some user action required to complete the process.
  3. WUNDER8AR

thx for the response. I did that. last time I played was about a year or so ago and I think the Pro7 merge was a little bit earlier. I can log into my daybreak account so I'm positive I should be able to get into a game.
  4. 3punkt14159

Reinstall or update is in this case nearly the same, it will take 9,5 giga. The Account will work.
  5. Pfundi

Installation through Steam takes longer as Steam downloads an outdated Client and then the Client updates itself.
    The payment through steam and the steam bundles however are excellent