Can I get a answer for the PS4 version? it less then 6 months give me something

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bape, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Dominator589

I'd like to thank RadarX for locking the other thread.
    But I don't think a lot of PC player realize what's going on right now through PS4 player's minds: We're bored to death. We need something new and big and you don't think the PS2 Icon on our menu won't be something every PS4 player will take a look at? Oh, did i forget to mention that it's
    1. Free
    2. you don't require PS plus to play it?
    Just take that in for a second
    • Up x 2
  2. Shatters

Oh its going to be pretty big, probably. But now think about the amount of PS4 players that are going to look in the PC forums of planetside2. Wont be alot, i know that.

Also we get that you want PS2 on your PS4. But its done when its done. And they dont know when theyr done yet, thats why they are (trying to) releasing it "somewhere this year". You just have to be patient and keep an eye out on the PS2 twitter and website. When its almost done details will most likely be shoaved down your throat at a rate even you cant handle.
  3. Dominator589

Lol yeah, but like the title of this thread says, we need something
  4. WolfA4

You do realize there are more than 20,000 people with gaming PC's in the world right? There are probably more people with Macs than PS4s in the world.
    • Up x 3
  5. Strummer

Future PS4 player here. I've never played the game and only recently registered on this site but I've read these forums, kept up with game developments, and watched live streams/youtube vids since the rumor of a PS4 version started gaining traction early last year. I don't even own a PS4 yet but if I heard that a Planetside 2 PS4 beta was starting tomorrow I'd go buy one right now. I'd say there's no doubt that more people will try this game on PS4 than currently play it on PC. Whether they'll stick with it for long is another matter, but at the moment I'm just glad the devs haven't been driven to suicide by all the negativity here.
  6. Bape

You do realize im talking about planetside 2 only right? Also all the PC do not have the same hardware and most of them can't run PS2.
  7. AdmiralArcher

i find it hilarious how disfunctional companies are :)

"hey lets make a game that uses an in game currency"

"nice idea, how about we make it universal to all of our games?"

"heey nice idea frank, and since we made the playstation, lets call it station cash!"

" i like it" " this will work well for our PC games"

*PS4 comes out*

"hey Smed" " we using station cash for the PS4? i mean we already have such a large infastructure for it already?"

"nope, its not compatible"

*everyone facepalms*

its a program

MAKE IT COMPATIBLE
    • Up x 6
  8. Bape

No warframe ps4 playerbase is better then the PC version. Console online games tend to do better then the PC version in almost every category. FF ARR has a higher playerbase thanks to PS3 and PS4 it is now over 2 million players playing.

You are still not understanding that PS4 does not have that much shooter or games. So if planetside comes out there will be nothing to compete against it.
  9. Dominator589

It's almost as if Bope and I are the only ones who see the console's point of view.
  10. Phyr

Or, everyone else has a realistic point of view.
    • Up x 2
  11. Bape

PC players do not like consoles plain and simple even if they know the console player base will be high they will deny it and argue that the PC player base is higher even though im telling them im talking about planetside 2 in general and not the entire PC community.
  12. Bape

Actually you are the only one arguing that the PS4 version will have a low playerbase then the PC version. There is no one here that is disagreeing with me beside you.

Edit- oh and that one guy with the mac talk.
  13. WolfA4

You are comparing the much smaller install base of PS4 to the MUCH MUCH MUCH larger install base of PC's, it's like you are deliberately trying to be illogical. It's no contest whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more people in the world with 1 specific video card than there are PS4 owners.

To give you an idea of how large the PC install base is compared to PS4s, yesterday steam had more people online at one time than all of the PS4 owners in the world.
    • Up x 2
  14. Taemien

There were far less players in the PS3 version of DCUO (another SOE game on PC and Console) than there was the PC version. I don't see why PS2 would be any different.
    • Up x 1
  15. DeadliestMoon

Proof?
  16. Bape

I am being logical im talking about one game and not an entire PC community how hard is that to understand? Planetside 2 for PC has under 20k probably lower then 15k players. What im arguing is the PS4 version "WILL" have a higher playerbase then the PC version and not PC in general just planetside 2.

player base
    PS4 warframe > PC version
    PS3&PS4 FF: XIV ARR > pc version
    Console COD,BF, and Titanfall > PC version
    FF XI console > PC version

If you believe there will be less then 100k PS4 users playing planetside 2 then you are really a true PC master race guy.
  17. WolfA4

• Up x 3
  18. Bape

To be honest I didn't even know that game existed until I saw it on the PS4 version ><.
  19. WolfA4

Yet you immediately assume every PS4 player will be playing planetside 2.
    • Up x 1
  20. Bape