Can anyone explain this to me? ---> ANT driving vertically up a wall (video)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NotsiMadz, Feb 24, 2021.

1. NotsiMadz

I didn't report the guy (guys, cause it was a squad building that base) because I wasn't sure if it was an exploit, a cheat, a bug, or a feature lol

2. Liewec123

The ant boost is REALLY strong, it let's you even fly across the map if you use it facing upwards, he's not cheating ;)

Edit: here's a funny example of ant turbo powa! :D(Skip to 1:50)
    • Up x 1
  3. NotsiMadz

lol that video is really cool, very well sound edited

I'm surprised you say it's the boost though, cause it looked to me that he was steadily but surely "crawling" his way up (not boosting).

Ah well, it's been a real long time since I even drove an ANT (since the HIVES actually) so good to know, thanks !
  4. Liewec123

yup its weird how ants can drive up literally anything XD
    he'll be tapping it to keep the speed slow, if you don't tap it and go up slowly you can end up flying off. XD
    its one of the few good things about Hossin, using ant boost you can build bases ontop of the plateaus
    were ground vehicles cant reach :D

ditto, i must go flying again sometime!
    • Up x 1
  5. JibbaJabba

Looks fine to me.

Ant loadout =
    Ranger makes aircraft piss off.
    Cortium Turbo and racer chassis get you away from ANYthing on the ground. :p
    • Up x 1
  6. LodeTria

The turbo on the ant is very strong and will get you up almost anything.
    • Up x 1
  7. oOHansOo

The ANT turbo works differently from other vehicles turbos. On the harasser for example, you can see a jet exhaust on the rear when boosting.
    The ANT turbo doesn't boost per say, it increases the torque to insane levels. It won't make your ANT much faster, only 5 KPM more, if i'm not misstaken, but you will hold that topspeed, no matter how steep the incline is.
    You can drive up an almost 90° vertical wall, and only almost, because your ANT will lose contact to the ground and fall over backwards.
    Also, ANT turbo uses cortium out of your tank. No cortium, no turbo.
    • Up x 1
  8. RabidIBM

Ah, the ant space program. They can't quite climb anything though, they do need the slope to get them started.
  9. Exileant

I dropped my jaw too the first time I saw my enemy escape my Flash like that. ;) Here on P.S.N. our A.N.T.s can accelerate so long as it is touching a surface. I would guess since it is using a consumable instead of a self replenishing energy source for the Turbo, it has special properties. I have one, and they are fun... but I do not use turbo for anything honestly serious. :( Ours cannot fly, like the ones on P.C. apparently can, however. The second we disconnect from a surface, our wheels just spin. I cannot tell you how badly I wish our turbos worked in the air.... But no this is not an exploit or cheat as I am sure you have been told. It is a much needed defense mechanism. :confused: A.N.T.s are quite weak offensively after all.
    • Up x 1