Camo not Working on PS4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Peter Cherico, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Peter Cherico

So from a directive, i unlocked a camo, the Forest something-or-other, idk, not important. After successfully equiping it on all of my unlocked vehicles, aircraft, and most of my classes, it messed up on my engineer class's 1st loadout. in the loadout screen it shows a basic, un-camo'd engineer and an empty camo slot. However, when i go to the camo selection screen, i find only an option to unequip the camo, not equip it. selecting that only makes the little thumbnail image of the camo disappear, and going back without selecting anything still shows a plain colored engineer and empty camo slot.

Every other loadout has worked, shows the camo plain as day, and i play NC on Genudine if that may help, i only have the camo on that character. Anyone else have this kind of issue with thier characters, like a camo/decal not showing up or even a utility or defense slot's item?
  2. Peter Cherico

3. Matori

I have a similar problem (well sort of) with my scythe i equipped a camo on it but now i cant unequip it i just ge the option to equip it again.
  4. GR1Z

I came across this problem today. I bought a camo with battle cash it works on all vehicles and soldier classes except my engineer.
  5. GR1Z

6. Peter Cherico

Another thread on the PS4 forum is the same except VS engie. he claims its due to a equiping the camo from a sunderer's infantry terminal while the sunderer is being destroyed alongside the player being killed by the explosion. im not sure if equipping a different camo fixes this or not, like if it unlocks the stuck one somehow. can anyone with multiple camos and the same issue confirm or deny this?
  7. GR1Z

I have bought another camo and i does work, not tried re-equipping my old one will try that tomorrow buddy
    • Up x 1
  8. Peter Cherico

yeah if that is the fix and will allow the old one to be re-equipped then that is great news, albeit a kinda crap solution, as people will have to literally spend money to fix a bug that the devs should fix themselves.
  9. InsanePsycho

This definitely needs to be another top priority on Daybreaks to fix list. I have had this problem a couple times now, both times with my engineer. Although I'm sure it's possible that the glitch could happen to anything that camo could be applied to.
  10. Peter Cherico

ah yes, you were the OP of the other thread. yeah this is annoying at most but the way they're handling it is not great
    • Up x 1
  11. InsanePsycho

It should be considered a higher priority fix then it is. Look at it from a technical stand point. Sure we have other custom slots to use, but what happens when that glitch occurs on every custom slot on our engineer, or other item? We then will not be able to use an item we paid money for. Spending money on this game is addicting yes, and it is our choice. However, it is also a means to show our support, and thanks, to the developers for giving us this great game. You would think they would show us the same type of gratitude and at least acknowledge that they are aware of the bug and are going to fix it. We are not trying to attack the game, we're trying to help it.
  12. Peter Cherico

Well the camo that is stuck is one i got for free somehow, either through directives with tiered rewards or as an appology from Daybreak for the servers shutting down so much, not sure witch, but yes. if that does happen to someone who spends money on thier items, then that will really cause issues. who's to say that it's only limited to camo? what about tires or smokestacks on a sunderer? those are very expensive and the smokestacks are the only item of its kind, if this glitch happens, that player is out 5 bucks essentially and cant equip another item to free it up again. it could happen to anything really, guns, attatchments, helmets, grenades etc. it does need to be fixed.
  13. Peter Cherico

Any update from those that have multiple camos? there are three things that kinda need to be answered
    Will equiping a new camo show the new one?
    Will it free up the old one, unlocking it from the glitch?
    and finally, can the old one be sucessfully re-equipped and show on the character?
  14. InsanePsycho

Peter it does not fix it. The glitched out camo will stay equipped and will never unequip. However, you will still be able to use the other camos, as they will still be visible.
    • Up x 1
  15. Peter Cherico

hmm, damn. welp, looks like service ticket spam time!
  16. Aksron

Anyone ever found a solution to this? Just happened to me with my most used camo (that I bought with DBC), on my most used class (engineer). Can no longer equip the camo, just says "Press X to unequip" no matter what. (PS4 btw)