Call-outs in Planetside 2 - Do you use them and what do you call things?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MykeMichail, Oct 21, 2014.

1. MykeMichail

So I'm wondering if anyone uses call-outs and Planetside 2 and what they tend to call things.

Obviously everyone probably says things like "3 coming out of spawn room", or "2 in gen room building", or "a bunch in C building", but when you're calling enemy positions, do you use anything more specific?

Or do you not use them at all because the minimap tells all?
  2. Tommyp2006

One of the basic rules in my outfit's squads is to always use a compass direction to call things out, along with a reference point

For example, "Deployed Sundy NW of Alpha 3's location" or just "Deployed Sundy NW" depending on how grouped up we are.
  3. Hatesphere

if we are at a base my outfit usually uses the point as reference with another feature. so its "sundy due NW of point, parked at outer wall" or " sunder due north of point behind X-building" (we have names for most of the cookie cutter structures strewn around the game)
  4. baka

I LOVE call outs! So many times I have been alerted to, and able to hunt down stealthers and LAs up on towers by following the "Enemy medic here!" and "Your best is my worst!" sounds. Please keep using them! :)
  5. Astriania

This isn't the thread I thought it would be, I thought you meant V key macros in game.

Our standard is to either use 'my position' or (e.g.) 'NW of A point', along with what it is you're calling out, though in some point hold scenarios it would be 'big push on south bridge' or something similar instead. We mostly call out sunderers unless we're picking out targets in a tank battle or something like that.
  6. Ribero

Banana building.
    • Up x 2
  7. Prudentia

"There are enemies in... Nevermind killed them all they were [...]"
    • Up x 2
  8. Cest7

L-building
    Triple Stack
    Banana/Crescent moon
    Point
    Spawn
    N/E/S/W
    As Platoon leader I use Waypoints to designate high value targets, as squad leader you can use smoke.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hatesphere

I love it when people know how to use smoke correctly because you can help more then just your squad find things with it. a quick /re of "sunder on green smoke" can get the zerg to do a lot.
    • Up x 1
  10. DrPapaPenguin

I let my Q button do the talking.
    • Up x 1
  11. Axehilt

I'm going to assume [...] was a detailed description of what hats they were all wearing.
  12. Prudentia

sadly the hats are too often obscured by my Reddot Purpledot
  13. Fellgnome

I NEED REPAIRS!

About the only call-out I use. Occasionally I beg for a medic to save my MAX suit and/or make my KD look better though.

Well, and I use "thanks" and "sorry" when the situation calls.
    • Up x 2
  14. Gammit

The automatic reloading call-outs are great when working with my outfit. If I hear that, I'll consciously wait to reload my main.
  15. Diilicious

so... that isnt what this is about?

reading through it ive come to the conclusion that ive no idea what people are talking about :(