C4 too slow

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Letten, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Letten

Maybe my tradition with Battlefield games have spoiled me, but it seems that time between putting down a c4 brick and when I can activate the c4 mine is too damn high. The animation is soooo slooow, as if my character doesn't really want to do it. In the heat of the battle it feels like several decades pass before I can finally press the button. By that time I am usually dead.

Came here to see if I am the only one. I saw a lot of "VS OP" threads but nothing about slow c4. What you guys like it?
  2. Hatesphere

its that way at the moment due to the nature of C4 being a kill everything weapon. it promotes a minor amount of counter play.
    • Up x 1
  3. HadesR

Considering it's strength both versus Vehicles and Infantry it's maybe the opposite and to fast ..

It should really have a placement mechanic as IMO it's to much of a Ghetto Grenade / Frisbee for how strong it is .
    • Up x 2
  4. Jac70

I think that placing a pack of C4 on a tank should make a noise. 'Plink'. Not loud but just loud enough that someone who was paying attention could hear it and possibly get away before the second brick goes on and his tank is instagibbed. Just me?
    • Up x 1
  5. CMDante

I'm probably alone in this; but the way I see it if someone snuck up to your tank without you noticing and had time to casually latch two C4 bricks to you, they absolutely deserve to instagib you.
    • Up x 1
  6. Demigan

C4 has a good system. They should do something about splitting it up into a different AV and AI utility rather than the "I'm prepared for everything" brick we have now.
  7. Letten

ooh so it is to balance it? I guess it makes sense.
  8. Raysen

I could also complain how tank mines seem to instant-explode when placed next to a spawner yet they remain inactive if you place them in front of the enemy tank right as he drives over them -.-
  9. Cynicismic

I suppose that it's also to give players time to deal with C4 Fairies appropriately. I have seen many attempted C4 Fairies hovering near deployed Sunderers and drop their explosives either onto or near the Sunderer, (the former to damage the vehicle, the latter to kill the infantry spawning from it), though the however-many-second delay from dropping to detonating means that you can bring down the C4 Fairy before they hit the button. Alternatively, Kamikaze soldiers who rush into crowded enemy areas, drop some C4 and hit that button taking themselves and several enemies with them are also disadvantaged by the delay from placement to explosive detonation, which gives those he is attacking time to defend themselves and kill him.

Another example is the tank example. Unless you have the Skyguard on the Lightning, or a secondary gunner in your main battle tank, it is very tricky to hit airborne targets. Light Assault troopers can very easily put on their fairy wings and jump up and above the tank's gun elevation, drop some C4, and smear the tank all over the place following a big explosion. The delay from placing the C4 and the detonation means that often the C4 Fairy must land, in which time he can be killed by the tank.

The delay is an appropriate balance to a devastating weapon. Like the explosion time-out on all grenades. It's to give players enough time to save themselves instead of having their soldier blown to pieces. Seems unfair on those placing it, though it'd be very breaking if C4 was overpowered and henceforth literally everyone used it far too much.