[Suggestion] C4, the tactical fight initiator

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by SuperDuck, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Iridar51

RogueComet explained it to you. It's in human nature to use the most effective approach to solving a problem. If C4 was overpowered (as in the most effective way to deal with a problem) then people would use it all the time, and stats would show C4 as the most used AV weapon, which gets the most kills. But it isn't the case, stats show that C4 is least effective AV weapon.

By "embarass yourself" I meant to continue arguing with multiple people, while ignoring their points. I admire your passion and persistence, but by now it starts to border with stubborness.
  2. Iridar51

Who cares what most people use. What matters is that YOU have the problem with C4, so YOU should use radar.
    One C4 costs 100 resources. Don't compare infantry and mech resources though, infantry resource is used by a lot of things other than C4: grenades, med kits, mines, etc.
    This point has been brought up many times, and answer is the same:
    For 100-200 resources of C4 you get a consumable explosive. That's all.

Then your problem is with drop pods and vehicles, not C4. Also when using ESF or another vehicle, add resource cost and respawn timer to the cost of a chance to destroy a tank.
    If by large battle you mean when you tank zerg spawn camp, then sure, we play the same game. Otherwise, I see no reason for a tank not to change position once in a while or just look around yourself occasionally.
  3. Alarox

Well...

Etc.

As someone who farms the hell out of people that try to C4 me, arguments claiming C4 is overpowered annoy me too. The flaws in such arguments are painfully obvious, and I can't justify saying nothing while people try to ruin a good game.
    • Up x 1
  4. HellasVagabond

Ok guys, i will leave it UPON you all to make certain that SOE fixes every BUG out there that makes C4 "seem" and "feel" OP....If you manage that feel free to notify me :)
  5. Alarox

The only thing that makes C4 "seem" and "feel" overpowered is your own incompetence at using a tank.
    • Up x 1
  6. HellasVagabond

Read the above posts, even the other two agree that there are bugs with C4, you do not. Not that i am paying attention to your opinion, just for the record :)
  7. RogueComet

Uh that's not our place to do. We are not trying to get something changed, that's you and a handful of others. Why should we fix YOUR problems for YOU? Don't you have enough skill, knowledge, mastery, and say-so in this game to see that it happens on your own? I know I don't have mind-control so I can't "Make you learn how to avoid being blown up by C4." Yet I do know that others have learned those tactics and tried to share them with you. Perhaps it is time to go out and give them a go for a couple of weeks (heck or even just for one week).
  8. Alarox

Nothing has changed.
  9. Iridar51

Aww, he wanted to retreat gracefully, and you had to bash him even further =(
  10. Corezer

Incorrect, you can not throw 2 c4 and detonate within 3 seconds
    Incorrect, a Light Assault can not clear 150m with jump jets
    To go 150m takes about 20 seconds, maybe 18 with adrenaline pump. look around.
    When he jumped up the second time, you could have aimed up and swatted him out of the sky like a bug.
    When you traversed turret left to see him, you could have also pressed the "S" key, causing him to helplessly float towards you.

So, we have 4 options... Be aware, in which case you would have had 20 seconds to shoot him. Be smart, and move away as he attempts to plant. Be good at the game, and nail him without having to bring your eyes out of your tunnel or move to avoid him. Bring an A-Gunner, and he would have molly whopped him for you with that sweet enforcer or even a basilisk, he also would have helped you destroy tanks.

Also, to further inform you on how to play. It is not the MBT operator's task to destroy other tanks, that serves no purpose in the game, why pull a tank if you cant play with anything but other tanks, which have no reason to be until their drivers see you in a tank, and even then why bother if you cant play until they pull tanks.... this is getting stupid real quick is it not?

As an MBT operator, your job with a vanguard is to get HE or HEAT depending on enemy armor presence, and shell the **** out of infantry. Use racer 3 with rear armor (if you expect the line to fall back, mine guard if you expect to do more advancing) and your shield to keep at the edge of the line and retreat/advance as it moves. You can also opt to use prox radar and go for a more stand your ground approach with your secondary gunner, if enemy armor is light enough.

If you want to go anti tank, get a lightning with rival chassis 2 or 3, an AP gun, side armor and fire suppression. You have the speed to quickly go around and circumvent the battle space to avoid damage and gain the element of surprise, the mobility to keep on any MBT's back and the armor to take quite a few shots while you penetrate them from behind. That's why Lightnings are cheaper, because as a counter to armor you don't know exactly when you will need them and thus need the ability to pull them whenever, unlike MBTs which you roll for planned offences.

Or you can just grab a harasser with a halberd on it and murder everything in the game
  11. Corezer

paid rockets cost on average about the same 700 certs, and don't take resources to fire...
  12. HellasVagabond

Opinions....I pull my Vanguard to fight MBTs because call me a realist but that's the primary use of MBTs on the battlefield and since i did spend a couple of years in a tour of duty i can't see MBTs any other way, that's why i roll with AP (and AA since i don't like being helpless against aircraft).
    In any caseI'm a tanker, you are all people who use C4, i don't think we can come to a valid understanding.
  13. Thrustin

Oh, let me interrupt you kids for

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INTERESTING FACT TIME

hurray!

Interesting fact number 1392: Did you know that duck quacks don't echo?

Now wasn't that an other exciting episode of interesting fact time?

Thank you and till next time on IFT!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You kids may continue.

its actually a myth, they do echo
  14. Stromberg

Anti Vehicles Mines were always called this way and still most people call them Tank Mines. Because that's what they are and C4 is always C4 no matter what you call it :p
  15. RogueComet

LOL that was a good episode of Mythbusters.
  16. Corezer

im talking about real life too, you don't think we would have made MBTs if their only purpose was to destroy other MBTs do you?

MBTs kill infantry, light strike vehicles (I joined the USMC as a 0352 back in 06) such as a HMMWV with my TOW kill tanks. If tanks were designed just to kill other tanks, tanks wouldn't have been designed. sorry you don't know how to play, but maybe you should pilot a tank designed for killing infantry before calling us the OP ones.

Tanks were only used to kill tanks in WW2, and that's because they were a shiny new toy and we hadn't made anything else to do the job yet. FF to today and a tank is the last thing you choose to destroy a tank, CAS, DPICM, TOW2, or even 0351s and 2s with javelins and smaws are selected for the job before another tank.
  17. TrainerS2

lets go for some like Molotov Coctail bomb :D it will fire up Vehicle and make damage over time at least Engi go out and remove fire with 5 ceond coldown same as longer Lock-on -rocket
  18. HellasVagabond

Well i don't know how things worked in your unit but in Kosovo (UN/K4) the only reason we'd call in the Leopards was if we had insurgents barricaded inside buildings and we needed to flush them out. Easiest scenario, demolish part of the building via SABOT (airstrikes and artillery strikes with MLRs were a lot more expensive and not as precise).
    So yea pretty much unless infantry have digged themselves in a building or a bunker i've never seen people call in MBTs.
  19. Corezer

I don't get this whole "agree with him" tactic you're using...
    Since buildings can't be destroyed in PS2, you do less killing infantry as you blow up their building, and more pinning them as an infantry force large enough to push in and clear them out masses, then pinning them in their spawn.
  20. HellasVagabond

It's simple, you say that MBTs are used against Infantry in the real world but in the end they are only used against infantry in very special occations.