[Suggestion] C4 no longer remains after death, how about some love?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by K2k4, Mar 16, 2013.

1. K2k4

I read this in the patch notes and I imagined there would be several (if not many) threads about how upset we are about this change. It's a pretty direct nerf to C4 without any trade-off. We paid 700 certs for 2 C4, we put up with it taking 5 seconds to deploy both onto a sunderer or a tank before it can be detonated, we've put up with ever shrinking explosive range, and now this? It's 100 infantry resources per C4, and often you will throw down both of them during a life. We're talking running out of resources after 2-3 lives, assuming you start with full resources. Now we may be out even more resources because of this change. I know this can be circumvented by playing some of the other classes for a while and conserving my infantry resources (and stockpiling your C4), but this shouldn't be a requirement to succeed, at least in my opinion.

I would like to propose some easy solutions which will help to fix this so this will be balanced and will not be a nerf:
    Option 1: Eliminate delay between throw and detonation. How about we throw with one hand and detonate with the other, maybe have the C4 in the character's right hand and a detonator in the left. This way we could detonate it the very second it throws, possibly suiciding ourselves but with greater results. Also along with this option, if you pushed the button while you hadn't thown your C4, you would blow up with the force of 2 c4. You would quite literally become a suicide bomber. This would be a completely viable tactic in a war where you have infinite lives because technology allows you to re-clone.

Option 2: Refund the resources spent when you die w/o detonating your C4. Or refund the C4 you spent. Pretty straight forward, and it doesn't stiff the light assault who was trying to perform detonations while in a heavy firefight situation.

Option 3: Reduce the cost of C4. Even a sleight reduction, reducing to 75 inf resources, would be founded. Originally, we're looking at the 700 certs we spent for a decent explosive radius, situational c4 which we could also take over to that infantry swarmed sunderer and, even if we failed initially, still do damage and kill that sunderer and maybe some of the troops around it. Now it just doesn't seem worth it.

So TLDR version, this nerf sucks, please buff other aspects of C4 if you're going to nerf its functionality as a suicide bomb.
    • Up x 3
  2. Alien51

I'm for Option1.
  3. K2k4

I forgot to mention, when someone else steals your kill by hitting the thing you have put your expensive c4 on with a rocket/grenade/mine and you lose your kill and your resources. Yeah, c4 pretty much sucks. /rant.
  4. Dudebro420

Give us more C4 for life if anything.
    As it stands, there is no reason to take C4 over tank mines if we can't kill a sundie in one load.
  5. Wolfwood82

I'd be ok with options 2 or 3. Option 1 is a pipe dream and while I agree the process could use some tweaking, I would not be cool with suicide bombers. Engineers are bad enough, and I could do a LOT of damage by suiciding and there wouldn't be **** anyone could do about it. It would be far to over powered.

Also the only thread whining about the "nerf" is this one so far. There have been comments in other pre-existing threads but I'll say the same thing here that I did there. That ability was clearly a bug and people exploited it.
  6. Iridar51

What woflwood said.
    Also, I feel kinda strange. In all my exploits with C4 I've never been successful with blowing something up after respawn. And I wasn't trying to, I got by perfectly without using that, so this "nerf" doesn't concern me one bit, and I don't understand why in your opinion there should be so much commotion about it.
  7. Lakora

Just like engineers and Infiltrators exploiting Tank Mines n AP mines. ^^ They're actually even worse since they don't require a separate step to blow up. Too be fair I'd be happy with a price reduction along with same throwing speed as Tank mines/AP mines, cause currently without any upgrades to a Sundy we'd need 3 C4 which is 300 Inf resources to destroy it while an Engineer only need 2 tank mines (No Mineguard) which is 150 resources to destroy it.

But no as I said I'd just be happy with a price reduction (75 Inf like the rest of the explosives) along with increasing throw speed to be equal that of Tank Mines n AP mines.
    • Up x 1
  8. LibertyRevolution

C4 should stay when I die but my detonator should not work, my detonator should be for the new packs of C4 I'm carrying...
    I died to get that c4 to a useful spot.. least you can do is let my allies detonate it in vengeance..
    That would have been the proper fix..

I mean would you still do that 200 resource suicide knowing that someone else is going to get all the XP?
    That was the whole point of this nerf right?
    • Up x 2
  9. commandoFi

I'd love a dead man's switch (hold down left click, explode on release or death), but that would be too good. Options 2 or 3 would be nice.
  10. LibertyRevolution

Coming soon from SOE depot, deadmans switch implant for your light assault. :p
    • Up x 1
  11. Bucketmaster

I know this has been suggested before, but I think making C-4 an universal utility cert (such as med/restoration kits) would be a good idea.
  12. commandoFi

Coming right after the bomb defusal implant, making it obsolete.
  13. LibertyRevolution

nah that wouldn't fit with the current model..
    They would release the implant for C4 first, then after everyone buys that, they sell everyone the defuse kit.
  14. Wolfwood82

It takes 2 mines? Thought it only took 1 given how quickly they can do it.

I also thought the DEVs had made it so that mines could only detonate on moving targets. Don't remember when or where I read this, regardless AT mines are also being exploited for uses they weren't meant for.

There are a lot of things about the game that I am just not happy with atm. Never cared about C4 as it was never a big enough problem for me to gripe about. Heck today was the first time I lost a tank to a C4 strike. I've never lost a Sunderer to one, always managed to kill the LA and repair the sunderer in time, or the sunderer was already abandoned by the time the LA C4'ed it.
  15. Lakora

Yep 2 mines they can throw them down within 1 second basically. Also they're planning on making them only trigger on moving targets, which only delays the inevitable unless they also add diffusing them.
  16. SoupRadar

Just kind of new here, I read the LA forum and was saving certs for C4. Is C4 still good for a new player to cert.

I have a scope 30 certs Nano Armor 1 cert and Jet pack two for 10 certs. Was going to get C4 next?
  17. Thrustin

C4 is still worth it, you just have to be more careful how you use it.
  18. Kanzy

I dunno, I just adapted to the new changes and am still rocking with both my C4s, its not really a big issue for me, I just need to be less suicidal.
  19. Scumdog6

I can understand why they are making it more difficult to suicide bomb. Just like I can see why grenades seem to be inert after the thrower dies, or how the underslung launcher has a minimum range. If silly controls aren't in place on high explosives, they will become way over used. Tank mines being able to detonate when tossed at stationary vehicles is the exception.
  20. Wolfwood82

It would mean that the tactic is no longer viable for taking out an active sunderer. Would still help a lot I think.

I don't think this is the case yet. I believe I've still gotten kills from thrown grenades despite having died. However you do have to complete the throw animation before death otherwise you simply do not throw the grenade. I've done it countless times before the last patch and I think I've done it at least once since.