[Suggestion] C4 General Discussion [Video]

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ragmon, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Ragmon

Heya guys been playing Planetside 2 since late beta. I love the game even tho it has many issues and in my opinion it should be in open beta right now.
    Never the less this thread is about the C4. I play VS, LA 99% of the time. I find that next to the Jetpack the C4 is the most important part of the LA.

Complaints:
    - For the cost of 1 block of C4 (100 inf resources), players should get a better more realistic C4, especially when its the most important part of the LA.
    - No outside source should be able to destroy the block of C4, maybe another explosive like an explosive shell from a tank, or rocket directly shot at the C4.
    - Accounting for the cost of the c4/block the players should be able to pick up there C4s if they want to. (Lets say no one walks into your trap, tank drives away and you miss and so on.
    - The infantry damage and radius of the C4 is too small. (Oh too many times I placed a block of C4 behind an enemy and his friend and detonating the C4 and to see that the secondary target who was standing about 1,5 - 2 meters away only gut injured).

My advised solution and additional information sources to help the devs improve the C4:
    - Rename the C4 and be done with it. then no one can complain that it does not function like the real deal.
    - Let us pick up our misplaced C4s.
    - Remove the the ability to destroy C4 with gun shots.
    - Increase the the effective radius on the C4's explosion.
    - Read the wiki page for more information:
    "C4 is very stable and insensitive to most physical shocks. C4 cannot be detonated by a gunshot or by dropping it onto a hard surface. It does not explode when set on fire or exposed to microwave radiation. Detonation can only be initiated by a combination of extreme heat and a shockwave, such as when a detonator inserted into it is fired." - From the C4 wiki page.

Mythbusters:
    You can skip to 5:52 for impact testing.
    You can skip to 9:17 for bullet testing.

2. Hael

1C4 will set a lightning to burn-dead status
    2C4 will set a sundy to burn-dead status
    2C4 will kill a MBT

I agree that the blast radius should be a BIT larger, or alternatively drop the price to 75, but it doesn't need a significant change. I also hear there's a bug where dropping 2 c4 then detonating only does damage for 1 which should be fixed if it's true.

I'd also accept being forced to "place" c4 on a vehicle if it did location-based damage. Otherwise the "drop and go" approach works fine.
  3. KaosWarMonk

I would really like to be able to retrieve the block too.

-kaos
  4. TheJerkstore

+1. Should absolutely be able to pick it back up, and it should be harder to kill with outside sources. Also- not to be greedy, but my C4 gets blown up often and I dont get points for what it kills.
  5. Ragmon

Yea the C4 damage is no problem, its just fine. (I wouldent mind if 2 blocks of C4 to destroyed 1 Sunderer, but thats me being greedy. :D)

I don't know about that bug, I myself tend to press the the detonate button multiple times and I hear to explosions. i think it might be that one block does not automatically detonates the other. Keep pressing the button at least a few more times just in case, in my opinion.

IMO "placing" the C4 on a tank would be problematic since vehicles insta-kill any infantry who as much as touches the vehicle. If they added more tolerance to the vehicles then wouldent mind.

I just would like to the destroying a C4 part, i actually got my C4 destroyed while I was dropping it in front of me. How you ask? Well an enemy was shooting me from the fron and hit the C4, destroying it as soon as it left my grasp.