C4 discussion practical uses for it, and how vital it is to upgrade to second teir.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by FreakinTank, Dec 11, 2012.

1. FreakinTank

Been playing LA for some time now mainly focusing on certing out my guns and just recently purchased the first stage of C4. I've made some use out of it mainly against infantry and a couple of tank kills (lightnings only) and i want this thread to be helpful to people interested in investing in this very expensive cert. As far as only having 1 C4 goes infantry is pretty much the only thing its majorly useful for when running solo. I see the effectiveness if you have an organized squad of LAs sneaking up on a sunderer or a tank (haven't tested if 1 C4 is enough to take out a tank or heard anything of the sort, will test later.) So my question is "is it vital to get that second C4 or should it be the last thing on an LAs list to buy.
  2. Opapanax

2nd C4 allows you to take out MBT's.. and prob Liberators..

1 C4 is all thats needed to take down a MAX if he's right ontop of it..
  3. gunshooter

2 c4's will do about 95% of a sunderers health. If you attack them in say an ESF and shoot some rockets/machine gun fire at them and then hop out and C4 them, it's very effective. You can also use the grenade launcher if you have that, or rush them with a tank. You just need to hit them once or twice before you c4.
  4. MarlboroMan-E

C4 uses: maxes, damaged tanks, groups of dudes. Absolutely critical for any LA ... after reflex sight, I think it was the first thing I bought.

Second C4 is nice too have, but not critical. I didn't get it till br29 or so
  5. Stargazer86

There were so many instances where I was wishing that I had my second stick of C4 that I finally spent the 500 certs on it, and boy was it worth it. I stumble upon so many lonely spawn-Sunderers that it's really just a waste not to carry two C4 with you at all times. I've single-handedly stopped entire base assaults simply by using the Light Assault's maneuverability to reach the Sunderer the entire enemy team is spawning at and nuking it.

Now, you need to be careful though. A Sunderer won't always die to two C4 alone if they've got that armor upgrade. It'll put them to burning, but you need to quickly finish it off with a grenade launcher or something before an Engineer starts repairing it. I've raged so hard when I drop 200 resources onto a Sundy and yet it doesn't actually die.
  6. gunshooter

A Sunderer can never die to C4 alone actually. Any time it dies to C4 alone it just wasn't at full HP.
  7. Stargazer86

Really? I've dropped 2 C4 onto Sunderers several times that I could swear were at full health and had them go up with no issues. How much health do they tend to have left over? Does it matter where you put the C4?
  8. Nuubo

Just tested to be sure. 2 C4s placed at the back, left the Sunderer with +- 5% health and it took aprox 20-30 seconds to burn down, enough time to switch to Engineer and start repairing.
  9. FreakinTank

what did you burn it down with after the c4?
  10. Stargazer86

Would a grenade launcher shot finish it off at that point?
  11. IshanDeston

Why are you hopping out when you have rockets?
  12. gunshooter

Because rocket pods can't kill a sunderer, ever, if it's being repaired. It takes multiple passes meaning it's pointless to try and it's much better to jump out and just kill the sunderer with burst damage. Learn about the game a little.
  13. IshanDeston

How often did you experiance that situation? A situation in which you could damage the Sunderer a little and then still land, walk up to it and place 2 C4 charges?

If there are enemies around that could easily repair it, i suggest going Thermal with your rockets and kill them, as you take down the sunderer.
  14. gunshooter

Light assaults can fly (apparently you don't know this? " land, walk up to it and place 2 C4 charges" this isn't the HA forums) and people can respawn and repair faster than a single esf can kill a sunderer. In any real battle there will be tons of people all around the sunderer, many of which will be engineers or people smart enough to swap to engineer to repair the sunderer if it's in trouble.

Have you played this game before? A single ESF taking out a sunderer is about as outlandish as a HA taking one out on his own with rockets.
  15. ShumaKun

You can kill some armored vehicle sometime, but rarely. I kill tanks often near tank shields, when they pop up for one shot and go back for repair. Setting C4 when lonely defending points is an option, but it fail so many times and there is that no damage bug when server is busy :/ By far I find the best use of C4 when you want kill max its insta kill in most cases
  16. Niric

Ive spent a decent bit of time in an ESF since launch, not tons but the trick is to launch your rocket pods into the rear weak armor point of the vehicles and you get "critical red rings' like you do with head shots. I've taken out a prowler in a single 14 twin rocket photon volley. I'm assuming it takes more than one full reload volley with an ESF, but if you can aim it right, with all your shots and no one repairing it you could do it easy. I've taken them out not even doing that with my upgraded maximum ammo capacity and only landing a few critical hits on them. I'm not 100% in all those cases they were full health, but I'm the first one to start attacking them on site many times.

I'm assuming you can place C4 in such a sweet spot at the rear of it to do extra damage to the Sunderer as well. Is this what everyone is using in their example? Or is this not possible in the case of C4?

-Niric
  17. Nehlis

If you place 2 c4 on a sunderer and someone shoots it with a rocket, The rocket will do it's damage and detonate the c4, instantly killing the sundy. Unfortunately you do not get any credit for it, but It helps.
  18. gunshooter

Sunderers have more HP than MBTs, any pilot should know that even all your shots in the back of a sunderer won't kill it.

An ESF can slowly kill a sunderer that's alone, but in a real battle when both turrets are manned and there's engineers repairing, it's a total waste of time. All that trying to kill it will do is get you killed by the gunners while its hp barely moves. With c4 however, you can drop out, fly over it and blow it up before they even realize what happened.
  19. Niric

When you say "all your shots", are you saying one rocket pod reload? Because I've upgraded to 54 rockets max and it can go higher. 54 Rockets isn't enough to kill a Sunderer? Maybe its not and I've just been thinking they have been. Its hard to keep track of that stuff in the heat of battle and what shots hit directly and which ones don't.

And when you say any pilot - don't try to make us all sound like we would know that stuff. I don't do the math on every damn thing in this game. I just try to do my best and enjoy the game. Besides, I'd say I'm an average pilot at best - I only said I've spent a decent bit of time flying ESFs.

-Niric
  20. IshanDeston

You statment was: If your in an ESF shoot a rocket at it, walk up to it and blow the sunderer up with 2 C4 charges. My question was: Why would you land and get out of your ESF to destroy the Sunderer if you have rockets on it.

Your hostility is wasted on me by the way, i couldn't careless what you think of me.