[Suggestion] C4 Change

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by commandoFi, May 15, 2013.

1. commandoFi

What if C4 damage was decreased but the amount you carry was increased and deploy time decreased. You get more overall damage in exchange for a longer overall time to deploy. Any thoughts?
    • Up x 1
  2. Farlion

I don't know. I don't see a need for it, in all honesty.

As it stands C4 works fine and can be really, really useful for a smart player, yet terrible for a bad one.
    The only thing they should change is that you can blow it after death.
    • Up x 1
  3. loleator

It's already slow to deploy and explode 2, yet 4 of them...

Stop the nerfs.
    • Up x 1
  4. HeadshotVictim

please keep hands away from C4 "balance"...
    it is good as it is, there is no need for change
    • Up x 2
  5. Wolfwood82

You gave a suggestion. You failed to mention why, or provide supporting reasons...

You aren't going to get a positive response. These forums are filled with people who don't like to think, let alone figure out exactly what your proposal would lead to or why you would even want it.

Personally, I can see where that goes and would really rather just have AI mines.
    • Up x 1
  6. Fang7.62

C4 with long deploy and less damage? VS and TR would lost all hope of winnig a biolab fight as from my experience the only thing that reliably stops a splatmax is C4 thrown around the corner, everything else dies.
    • Up x 1
  7. Wolfwood82

I wish you people at least learned how to read....

Seriously, not that difficult to comprehend. I give it a 3rd grade reading level requirement at most.

Also.

No, there is a very good reason why they removed that ability and I'd just as soon keep it removed.
  8. Fang7.62

Well my bad, shorter deploy time would be more idiot friendly description :D Anyways you can already survive direct C4 with enough flak armor on max and its not like you can throw (unless you buff the deploy time into basically vomitting C4) and detonate more than one before you get cut to ribbons, so with less damage, C4 would be a lot less effective against maxes.
  9. HeadshotVictim

C4 is fine!
    Please! Keep it like it is!
    Oh my dear gods.
    Perhaps tank drivers learn in the near future that top armor stops LA from killing them instantly, then C4-Suicide LA are doomed anyway! (Don't tell them, that LA only need to land behind the tanks :D to intsagib them)
    • Up x 2
  10. Farlion

Yes, because tank drivers QQ'd the forums, just like they did with AT mines.
    Now AT mines are about as visible as fat cows and useless.

Doesn't mean there was a good reason.
  11. Liewec123

i don't care about the stupidly high damage or stupidly large AoE, all i'd like is that it needs to actually be deployed (like an engineer making an ammo box) so sick of LAs Hurling C4 across the room.
  12. Hagestol

This.. I just.. What? Hurl? Hurl C4 across the room? Where do I cert that?
  13. vaxx

2 Fails right there. 2 out of 3 are bad. Can you guess which ones you failed at?
  14. metrotw

If anything the only thing c4 needs is a 1\2 second buff to it's deploy and trigger time to compensate us for the fact it despawns when we die...unlike any other deployable item in the game....
  15. Ronin Oni

C4 is perfect as is.
    • Up x 2
  16. Leo Cyrule

C4 is fine as it is. I would rather a lessen deploy timer, and less time for it's detonation, or the ability toFREAKIN THROW THE DAMN THING. But instead, we are limited to just casually tossing it and often times missing thanks to the rediculous delays.

But... lowering damage on the C4, to allow you to carry more is saying that a high risk, high reward item immediately becomes high risk low reward. That is more of a nerf, than a buff.
  17. ProperBo

C4 only despawns if you respawn. If a medic revives you you can still make the boom.
  18. vaxx

True, but if you die placing the C4, you are most likely in a spot that you cannot get revived.
  19. NovaAustralis

1. High resource cost
    2. Very close range to deploy
    3. relatively long time to deploy
    4. disappear after death

Fix any one of these and we'll be happy.

(My preference is to allow the C4 to stay in-game after death, the same as mines, etc...)
  20. Compass

Reduce the cost and it'll be relatively fine. Stop poking its mechanics.