C4 and Sundies (help)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by entity009, Feb 10, 2016.

1. entity009

Alot of times when I C4 a sundie it seems to take no damage. Other people do not seem to have this issue blowing my **** up. What am i doing wrong to throw 2 bricks on a sundie, blow them and not even get enough damage to make it smoke?
  2. Badname707

That's normal. Sunderers have a lot of health and armor. It takes at least 4-5 bricks to take out an undamaged sundy.
  3. RainbowDash9

are you sure they dont have deployment shield? two c4 bricks disables the shield but doesnt hurt the sunderer.
  4. entity009

Just tested in in VR 2 bricks = over 90% dmg to a sundie. leaves it on fire and smoking.
  5. entity009

Maybe that is whats causing it.

Was looking in vr and the shield puts a pretty obvious glow effect on top of the vehicle. I do not recall seeing this on the ones Ive had the issue with
  6. Badname707

Blockade armor is also pretty common on sundies, ups the durability pretty significantly.
  7. Poppington

This. To the untrained eye, blockade just looks like another cosmetic.

Rule of thumb:
    Basic Sunderer = 2 c4 and a rocket or 2 tank mines.
    Stealth Sunderer = 2 c4 and a rocket or 2 tank mines.
    Blockade Sunderer = 2 tank mines or bring a friend/tank
    Spawn shield Sunderer = bring a friend or two or a tank.
    Mineguard Sunderer (lolwhat?) = 2 c4 and a rocket

The 2 tank mines need to be directly under the sunderer, preferably toward the back. 3 tank mines is safest.
  8. Shiaari

It takes 3 C4 to instagib a Sundy that has no additional protection such as blockade armor or a deploy shield. Which means to instakill a Sundy with just C4 you need to be an engineer.

If you're a heavy you can accomplish this extremely efficiently with 2 C4 and a single vehicle grenade (if is isn't protected). Faster than rockets.

If it has blockade armor you'll need to resort to rockets, or have a grenade bandolier. If it has a deploy shield you'll definitely need to resort to rockets.

I leave mines off this because to make them work you have to detonate them manually by shooting them or tagging them with a grenade. Sticky grenades are very useful for this. It takes too much time in my opinion, but since mines stay after you die it does give any friends you may have around an opportunity to blow them.
  9. Azawarau

Deployment shield = 4 C 4 (2 at a time) and 3 archer shots, 3-4 grnade launcher grenades, or 3-5 explosive arrow shots

Same for armored sundie except you can use all 4 C 4 to start

Normal sundie is 2 C 4 and the extra shots
  10. Azawarau

Those mine sundies can eat 5 tank mines and survive...