C4 against tanks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hauser, May 17, 2013.

1. Hauser

I'm getting a bit tired of being insta-smacked by C4:ing LAs when driving tanks. While I think I have reasonably good situation awareness, going anywhere near walls or structures that LAs can jump from is very risky as a tank.

My view is that the most dangerous counter to tanks should be other tanks. The armor game should be more contained, just like the air game should be more contained (best counter to EFSs should be other EFSs, etc). SoE have already taken steps to contain the armor game, by giving incentives to use AP turrets.

C4 should be reviewed (euphemism for "nerfed") and changed to be of more defensive nature. I e you'd need to plant it rather than dropping it from mid-air.

Fire away...
    • Up x 2
  2. Frosty The Pyro

eh I kinda think C4 throws a bit farther than it should, but other than that is fine.
    • Up x 3
  3. Kaesarr

When I get blown up by C4 it is usually my mistake.

Try to use the RADAR on your prowler.
    • Up x 18
  4. quicKsanD

I don't think it is overpowered against tanks. If I am trying to c4 your tank, it takes a lot of effort to get into position to kill you. If you stay back and don't be reckless you won't die against it.

When I drive a tank I never die to LA with c4. I always die to heavies or other tanks. Maybe you should try getting a gunner instead of soloing in your tank. Team work FTW.
    • Up x 15
  5. K3STR3L

C4 should be dropped at your feet and not thrown like a Frisbee. Would actually mean a LA would need a bit of skill to use it rather than just spamming the crap out of it like 99.9% do.
    • Up x 3
  6. Xind

I can't say I support needing it to be an advanced deployed weapon. That's what AT mines are for.
    Really, most of the complaints with c4 are directly tied to light assault and I think that's more the issue then the weapon itself. They might want to re-evaluate if c4 is appropriate for LA. I've been in favor of giving C4 to infiltrators instead of AP/AI mines. Makes more sense to me, I think they'd be easier to stop than LA with them, so I can't see the downside.
    • Up x 2
  7. xGreedFuSioN

>implying c4 goes further than maybe a foot
    >implying you couldn't throw that block way further irl
    >implying you're not an idiot whos never used c4

sorry for the greentext, I just needed that.
    • Up x 8
  8. The King

You died.. Big deal.. Spawn another tank....

Someone said it takes no skill to drop(I mean, toss like a Frisbee) a C4, but if they drop at the feet, it'll take skill. ROFL... Do you even know what skill is?
    • Up x 2
  9. K3STR3L

Lol, I have read a lot of your posts, unfortunately. I know exactly what you are like so no surprises by your comment. carry on.
  10. KAHR-Alpha

See? That's what you did wrong, you're not supposed to get close to that safely. Working as intended for me.
    • Up x 4
  11. vastaitku

The downside is that from that point on there's barely any utility to LA. You can get on top of buildings, throw flashbangs/smoke grenades, and shoot at people. That's it.
  12. Xind

That's a tremendous amount of utility. LA has more avenues to assail someone from an unexpected position than infs!
    • Up x 1
  13. Chioxin

Basically what Kahr said. I find that the only time I die to C-4 is if I get close to structures. Honestly, structures SHOULD be dangerous for tanks. So just stay away from them. I often catch light assaults trying to C-4 me and I simply hit reverse. They're usually pretty easy to pick out of the sky too once you know where they are, or well... they just screwed up and honestly they're going to land on the ground somewhere so you can just pick them off there.

So no, disagree... Stay out of close quarters combat where infantry power is greater than your tank, and you'll be fine. Other than that, just be more aware of infantry around you.
    • Up x 4
  14. Daibar

well following that logic, because you get killed by C4,

I get killed by bullets and tank shells, i herby ask that all bullets are nerfed into fluffy balls of cotton, especially tank rounds..
    i mean, talk about no skill, they sit in a box 300 meters away and just shell an area.

leave C4 alone or make better choises, we who can find a way to climb on top of a tank without getting killed, should get our reward.
    you who can't get out of the way or drive tanks where you're not suppose to be in view of a C4 weilding player, deserves the same, to observe a tank exploding.

That you do it from the inside rather than outside can be solved by jumping out of the tank.
    • Up x 4
  15. Bill Hicks

Its almost as if they meant for tanks to be strong out in the open against infantry but vulnerable in tight spaces. Maybe you should send in some of your buddies to clear them out?

Also: More "defensive"? WTH? If you want it plant only, then I want to be able to lay it and detonate very fast,
    • Up x 1
  16. DrakeAU

Oh i'm sorry Mr "can insta-kill infantry from a distance and immune from small arms fire".
    • Up x 7
  17. Chiss

If you are dying to C4, you are playing very badly, and do not have very much situational awareness or common sense.

Yes, its risky to go near walls/structures.... so... DON'T!!!
    • Up x 1
  18. Sebastien

Smells like Summer
  19. Sweet Jackal

Learn how to be good with a LA and then you'll realize how blind and ignorant most tank drivers are with their parking. C4 doesn't go very far, in fact having it dropped straight down from our feet would make it easier to aim.
    • Up x 2
  20. Torok

C4 is fine
    • Up x 2