C-4 Nerf Killed light assalts threat on armour. Breaks Class

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Fireflower_Dancer, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Fireflower_Dancer

who agrees that going out and sneaking in between 2-3 tanks and infantry is fun and hard not to die doing it. making where a single light assault can pop a tank is very lame. IMO breaks the class appeal to play it now i'm jsut some gal with a rifle sitting in weird places with rifle and grenades, our running roof tops waiting to get sniped while i try and get some kils.. We should be able to use our mobility against infantry and armour, and this require making 2 c4 kill tanks. i'm ok with it taking 3-4 on a sundee, that a spawn point. This is especially true if your vs because the magrider vs prowler or vanguard is horrible. when you add strikers on your mag rider and prowlers your going to get youyr tank hilled fast. C-4 on a LA was a fun and challenging option!!! Put it back SOE, Dont's SWG planetside 2 plz!!!!
    • Up x 3
  2. Fireflower_Dancer

*can't pop a tank
  3. LibertyRevolution

If it is going to take 3 C4 to kill a tank, then let my Light Assault carry 3 blocks!!!
    Ill pay 1000certs for that 3rd block of C4.
    • Up x 6
  4. ironeddie

It really does cripple the class. Ok we can still get into odd locations but we don't have a weapon with which to snipe. So we have to get close a lot closer but that just makes us another soldier only weaker than HA & not as useful as an engi or medic.

C4ing tanks is our thing. And to do it & survive can take skill. It's also very fun & I find it quite satisfying. Hope c4 is fixed soon.
    • Up x 4
  5. iccle

Its a sad reflection on the state of the LA class that many LA players define its abilities by an optional cert line.
    • Up x 10
  6. Stargazer86

Just a note, but this seems to be a bug, not an actual nerf. There's no mention of reducing C4 effectiveness against armor in the patch notes, and testing in the VR yields differing results. Sometimes 2 sticks kills a tank, sometimes it doesn't.

And yeah, it is. C4 means everything to LA, which just goes to show you how LA really, really needs something other than a jetpack to give it purpose.
    • Up x 4
  7. Xebov

Its not sure that its a Nerf. Its possible that its a Bug. Currently 2 Tank Mines arent enought to kill non Mineguarded Vehicles, you need 3 too. It looks like all Explosives are currently bugged. Every combination of AI Mines, Tank Mines and C4 will not set each other off on detonation, also Grenates dont set up explosives.
  8. LandoCommando

Wait, why should one light assault have the ability to completely take out a MBT all on his own?
    • Up x 5
  9. innox

Maybe an LA shouldn't have that ability but I think people are trying to justify the LA's specialty/uniqueness compared to other classes other than only being able to fly onto roof tops.
  10. Takoita

Because that MBT is spammable as high hell?
    • Up x 4
  11. Iridar51

1) Just so you know, C4 is available to other classes too.
    2) Because any tank can be spawned and used by one player. If one tank, spawned and manned by one player, would need more than one player to destroy it, that would be a little unbalanced, don't you think?

Personally, I think tanks should be 2 or 3 manned vehicles with separate roles of driver and shooter, kinda like harassers are.
    This promotes teamwork and reduces random spam. That's one of the reasons why competent harasser crews were bane of everything before the balance patch - they knew how to work together, while tank pilots are mostly solo players with gunners that were just randomly running by and decided to hop in a tank.
    • Up x 6
  12. Malcmodnar

I don't post often, but this is worth it.

Taking out a tank with C4 is horribly situational. We have to get very close and, while our jetpacks help with this, there's a reason Light Assault is often called a clay pigeon. Even if we do everything perfectly, all it takes is one tanker with radar, someone on the second gun watching their surroundings, or the tank moving for whatever reason to make it all for naught... often at the cost of 200 infantry resources.

That said, I've tested C4 a bit. It seems that directional armor differences now influence damage rather than this being a straight damage reduction, meaning you can't drop the C4 anywhere on the tank. It has to hit the rear to kill with two bricks. I suspect this is just a bug.
    • Up x 1
  13. WarTrade

I recently got my LA certed enough to be be able to do some C4ing. Well with this latest patch I'm really sorry I wasted my certs. SOE has successfully made an official bullet sponge class. This class is usless at this point other than drawing fire away from a important objective.

It's very simple if your a tanker (especially a MBT) and your getting C4'd to the point of frustration you should really need to learn tank tactics and teamwork. I've been a victim while gunning/driving a MBT but I've comparatively killed dozens of LA's trying to C4 me.

Some of you act like C4ing tanks is as easy as using TR/NC shotguns ... you know pure noob stuff. Try it and you will find out it's not I think it is one of the more difficult things to do in the game.
  14. Corezer

I suspect that this is a stealth nerf. there is a lot of crying over C4

Much like our weapons, we suffer for the power of other classes (engies get infinite ammo, medics get 2 c4 while still having the ability to heal, engies/heavies get enough to destroy sundies even with blockade)

"you should be playing a heavy or engie if you wanna destroy vehicles! we already have mines, av turrets, and rockets to deal with"

the only time you hear about LA is when people say it is OP that any LA can "just fly over" and destroy their sundy, even though LA doesn't have the requisite firepower on it's own, and in reality what most likely happened is that either other people shot at it with AV weaponry, or it was really an engy podding in.

same with the UBGL, the 3.5 inch blast (and no, that isn't exaggeration, .1m blast) is OP when spammed from behind a spawn shield with infinite ammo, an LA problem because unlike every other class we aren't allowed to have a unique weapon.

even our meta, flanking and causing disruption among enemies, is shared with smg (and before that pistol hero) infiltrators, that's why we had our jetpacks nerfed. the blast was reverted, but it is still much louder than before and is noticed much more because infill's didn't find it fair that they are the sniping class (whoops I meant flanking class, it changes depending on what they cry about) and our class has to be nerfed to keep us even.

but hey, with the new fall damage changes, we have the fastest self TTK without touching the mouse!
  15. DurandaI

it wasnt in patch notes, its a bug, and it sucks, but no need to overreact. Itll get fixed
    • Up x 1
  16. Corezer

and iridar (sorry cant quote my browser is bugged and im too lazy to reinstall) that's how tanks were back in ps1, kids would get mad that it's inconvenient now tho.
  17. Corezer

stealth nerfs aren't in patch notes.
  18. Sathayorn

Not true... If they're using HE ammo and you're using a FPC and Saron they don't stand a chance! (Off topic I know)
  19. Inf1nite

For me it's been a lot harder to kill anything with C-4. Before when a MAX was about 5m around the corner I could toss C-4 down and blow him up but now I can't since the range got nerfed. C-4 wasn't a huge problem against infantry and the nanoweave so I think it should be brought back to the way it was before since C-4 wasn't a common threat to infantry.
    • Up x 1
  20. y3ivan

i drop 2 box of presents at a vanguard. I blew up marvellously.

No, C4 wasnt nerf