[Suggestion] C-4 and Demolitions Pouch not worth at all.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by OoStrongWilloO, Feb 14, 2017.

1. OoStrongWilloO

Engineer player usually have good plan making mind. Give 4 C-4 to them make many potential outcome. But don't like assault class engineer risk more to carry C-4 and even more to use them. So what the point to use demolitions pouch. It don't give me any advantage. More C-4 mean more time to use them more risk to be detect and die in vain because if i died, C-4 become useless.

So what C-4 use for:
    - Destroying vehicle - light assault class do that better than engineer, even sunderer have shield can't be destroy with 4 C-4 so that point?
    - Destroying turret - also light assault. Light assault have better advantage because they can reach high place easily.
    - Killing Max and inf - also light assault.

For suggestion, we should:
    - Double damage or blast radius for 2 C-4 with demolitions pouch.
    - Or show blast radius/ alert player when vehicle or inf catch in range ( I was try to ambush enemy vehicle and went to hide but i couldn't see my C-4, it's better to use tank mine)
    - Or remove Demolitions pouch because structure in game mostly indestructible. Why we bother to put it in game to make it look like real life.

C-4 very hard to use and it's requite time. By the time you take out your trigger, enemy already gone or you died.
  2. Eternaloptimist

I know some engies use C4 but I personally have never wanted to use C4 instead of mines.But I do use it on my LA.

Don't forge that C4 is also useful against player made buildings and you don't have to spend the time to drop them all at once.

Btw, it isn't being buffed as it is already very powerful and it isn't primarily an AoE weapon although it can already be used to good effect in that role (my best kill to date with one brick is four Planetmans including two Maxes in a Biodome building).

It is a demolition charge and it is having its effect on some vehicles reduced (by givinng them better resistance).
  3. TR5L4Y3R

C4 is a good general anti infantry weapon capable of heavily damaging maxes .. as an engineer you don't HAVE to use it purely against vehicles .. imo it's a good indoor option for when you have difficulties wether to choose avmines for anti max (as those trigger them too) or proxy's for anti infantry ...
    so no need to change it at all
  4. DemonicTreerat

To a point I have to agree. C4 clearly has its uses as an engineer, but due to our lack of mobility (LA) or durability (HA) we simply don't have good odds of both placing a charge and living long enough to detonate it. To that end, and this could be engineer-specific or an option for all C4, I propose the following.

Instead of purely by remote detonation let us have the option to fit C4 with a timer as an alt-fire. First click is remote (current form), second is a 15 second delay, third option for a 5 minute setting. Second option is good for slapping a brick or two onto a vehicle or MAX (or throwing over a wall/ down a stair/ out a window as an improvised grenade) when otherwise you're able to place it but will probably get killed before detonating it. The third setting being for for sabotage-type jobs where the victim(s) never even know you were there when things go boom. Note that the time are mostly pure guesses, but the idea is that if targets are alert (and engineers don't offer nearly the flanking ability of C4 fairies) they could still react to get out of the blast, defuse the bomb, or simply run into a group of your guys (if they're especially pissy*).

*Had one guy do that after I slapped a sticky grenade onto him. Almost got me weapons locked on that one. :(
  5. Bremen van Equis

I like the pouch. If you're doing it right, you can make all those C4 bricks useful.

I also like putting C4 on the front of my Flash...then coasting it into pesky Vanguards ;)