Butcher Changes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sL360, May 29, 2015.

1. sL360

Butcher
    • Clip size changed from 150 to 100
    • Ammo Capacity changed from 450 to 400
    • Horizontal recoil Min/Max changed from 0.225 to 0.21375
    • Reload (short) changed from 5.4 to 4.8
    • Reload (long) changed from 6.2 to 5.8

Losing the extra 50 rounds for a reload time that's slightly faster than the regular CARV but with the same recoil of the CARV without the forward grip. Discuss TR.

Personally, I think all the Butcher needed was the better recoil. Could've left the base carv reload time and kept the 50 extra rounds, mag size is supposed to be a TR thing anyway. These changes are PTS only right now.
  2. GhostAvatar

I still see no reason to use it over the default Carv. It needs a lot more than this to be viable.
  3. Cirena

They said on today's stream that it's going to get a recoil buff.
  4. LIKE A BOSS!

Nah its fine compared to the PTS Orion and Betelgeuse.
  5. sL360

My beef with it is the fact it's now too similar to other TR LMGs. It's blander. The extra 50 bullets gave it TR flavor. Betelgeuse and Godsaw since Higby's changes are great faction flavor weapons.

The only reason you'd want to use the current PTS Butcher over the Carv with FG would be for the faster reload. You're trading off accuracy for faster reload times. I'm not exactly complaining about the changes per se. Butcher NEEDS better recoil. That's always been its problem. It's losing its identity in the process, resulting in a hard earned weapon that you'd be better off not using.
  6. Shaggath

i don't know ammo with 100 or 150 it's in all case largely enough and whitout grip it's the same problem.
    And reload stay high so in all case you take your sidearm and reload after but with 100 ammo this never happen.

I see no change is not a weapon where you can full auto and unload a clip like mcg, you need to aim you need to control fire and is more true without a grip.
    Personnaly i just use one directive weapon bighorn.
    For Close msw, mid with silent carv, long range carv-s and i have all lmg.
    I found carv-s really underestimated very good at range near tmg 50 and more versatile in med close range very good weapon against vanu.

It's a dream but for me a carv with same stat a grip and a silencer spa without malus can be a great weapon.
    And balanced like godsaw with an increase hipfire.
  7. gartho33

Personally... I don't see a reason to pull it. It's losing its "flavor" as stated before and to top that off, it is almost a carbon copy of our default weapon. But at this point.. I've come to expect that TR "flavor" is carbon, lackluster, jack-of-all-triads territory that is meh no matter how you look at it.

Heck... to get our faction trait on our faction specific heavy LMG we have to dump certs and give up one of our other cert dump traits... TR is about daka and we are allotted only half of that equation at any given time....
  8. Scr1nRusher

They should keep the 150 rounds......

But give it a Attachment that increases the ROF the longer you fire.
    • Up x 1
  9. Takoita

Personally, in the unlikely event of me ever getting the thing, I'd prefer the bullets to go where I aim them. As such, I welcome any change that would make that easier.

On the other hand, I've heard people argue that the niche Butcher was more useful than other LMGs in - namely, room clearing - would be lost with this change and you don't really need that recoil buff when firing that close anyway.

I disagree with that and feel that +50 mag size wasn't a trait good enough for an auraxium gun in the first place but I can see where they are coming from.
    • Up x 1
  10. FieldMarshall

+0.6 reload speed is not worth -50 bullets. Not by a long shot.
    Recoil "buff" doesent count because now its just on par with a stock Carv.

Where is the TR flavour?. As a directive weapon, i believe it fails at both being unique and doesent fit the faction theme.
    There are so many thing you could do to make it unique and still feel like a TR weapon.
    Like increase ROF to 900+ and instead lower damage and other stats.
    Or remove the need to reload and instead lower maximum ammo to something balanced, (like 350 i dunno)
    Or trade some stats to improve ADS recoil, to make it more like a LMG version of TORQ.
  11. johnway

yeah i saw this and it did raise a few eyebrows. its losing its default extended mag so you can have a slight improvement on recoil and maybe reloading.

You might as well have gone with the original carv if it gets implemented. its more flexible. Plus the butcher hasn't got anything unique to it or strife working towards.
  12. Tbone

This s..cks.

So the NC has the forward grip ,compensator ,HVA ammo(HVA with no downsides on this weapon) GOD SAW range king

The Vanu has the unlimited ammo Orion clone, and the TR lost the Butchers 50+ round while we should get a laser sight and maybe the silencer besides the soft point ammo(SPA has no downsides on this weapon) to be the CQC kings and than this. Wow DBG forget it ,real fast.
  13. Jbn0s0rus

Butcher was unusable past 15 meters, only because of it's recoil... It was the ONLY aspect of the weapon that needed change.
  14. BrbImAFK

I hate to say it, but compared to Planetside 1, there's no faction flavour at all in Planetside 2. Apart from looks, sounds, cosmetic-y things, the factions are rapidly becoming virtually identical.

And I blame YOU! Yes, you! That's right, you heard me. All you forum-trolls whining about "balance-this, nerf-that"! Back in Planetside 1 days, we took the weapons we were given, and we liked it. Now git offa my forum!

:D

More seriously, though, I do believe that's most of the problem. Planetside 2 is a game about individuals. And stats. And everybody focuses on "omg! I didn't lose. He only won 'cause bottlegoose" or whatever.

K/D matters. Personal, individual battles matter. I won't say we didn't have problems like that in Planetside 1, but because so much more about that game was meta-based (i.e. which empire is currently winning all-the-things-all-the-time) we didn't have to deal with all these tiny, ongoing, endless changes to how every weapon handles all the time.

It's something we've lost, in the move to Planetside 2, and I miss it.
  15. Sevak

Now it's the same carv with slightly lowered recoil, congratulations with one more failed patch, comrades !!!
  16. CapEnTrade

• Clip size changed from 150 to 100
    • Ammo Capacity changed from 450 to 400
    • Horizontal recoil Min/Max changed from 0.225 to 0.21375
    • Reload (short) changed from 5.4 to 4.8
    • Reload (long) changed from 6.2 to 5.8
    So... slightly better reload and marginally better recoil at the cost of 50 bullets...
    ... was not that great with 150 bullets before, but now...
    WHY THE FLYING**** DON'T I JUST USE THE NORMAL CARV WITH THE GRIP THEN!?standard carv would actually be better
    DAMNIT DAYBREAK!
  17. CapEnTrade

NOOOOOO, IT'S THE SAME RECOIL.
    BUT CARV IS BETTER BECAUSE YOU'LL ALWAYS RUN GRIP.
  18. NinjaTurtle

I like this idea
  19. CapEnTrade

Cool, that and the slight recoil improvement to match the actual carv.