Burst fire ARs

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Eternaloptimist, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Eternaloptimist

Someone said they were buffed at the same time as the burst carbines. I tried out the Cycler and CyclerB in VR and the burst variant certainly seemd more accurate at range when giving quick bursts in rapid succession. But I'm no expert. So, my queries are:
    1. were they buffed?
    2. regardless of answer to 1. above are they more accurate at medium to long ranges?

Thanks
  2. Dualice

Yes they all got an accuracy increase. The main article, if I remember correctly, was that the first shot multiplier got reduced enormously, to something closely resembling the SABR-13's. Their hipfire CoF got a bit bigger to compensate. There were probably a few other changes I'm forgetting.

From the TR's perspective, I found the T1B doesn't really do anything the T1S can't at mid-long range. I've found the T1S with a grip + compensator is really nice at range. Then again I've only VR-ed the T1B so don't have massive experience with it.

SABR is still the best burst weapon in-game, in my opinion.

*EDIT* Stats listed here on Reddit, guessing these were the ones that went live:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3ea0a4/game_update_20150723/
  3. Eternaloptimist

Thanks for that Dualice. I'll go back and try out the SABR. I'm a new convert to medic play and I've had great sport as an engineer with the buffed carbines so this is most helpful
  4. Dualice

No problem! The burst variants seem okay, but in my experience SABR does the job better. It gets more specialized attachments for a start.
  5. Fallouttec

They did not receive an accuracy buff in the patch, rather they always had superior ADS accuracy to their standard automatic counterparts. In fact specialty burst weapons like the SABR were not even changed. Rather they buffed these weapons by simply reducing the recoil characteristics of the weapons (most notably the first shot multiplier, no longer was it almost 3 times higher recoil on the first shot of the burst but now they are less recoil than the subsequent shots). Subsequently the accuracy could be considered to have been buffed due to the recoil adjustments but that just affects how you recoil control the weapon and not the weapons actual accuracy that can be achieved.