Burst Equinox VE2

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Ximaster, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Ximaster

Can anyone tell me the changes applyed to this weapon since last patch??? This INCREDIBLE weapon saved me a lot of times,i need to know how is possible that this weapon has changed from night to day from beign useless to beign VERY USEFUL...

Seriously,people said that those weapons are trash,give it a chance,maybe they surprise u...
  2. ATRA_Wampa-One

It's better, and even usable, but it's still the worst burst AR in the game.
  3. Ximaster

Why is the worst??? Because lasers dont do a lot of damage or what????
  4. Alexkruchev

Disagree 100%. As a proud owner and longtime fan of all burst variants (even though they used to be basically inferior in every way), the new changes have made them all fantastic. the Equinox is by -far- my favorite. Why? Because no bullet drop with the Equinox' lowest recoil and good MV with high accuracy make this into a mid-longrange death dealer that I would take over the Corvus any day of the week.

Seriously, people hugely underestimate how powerful no bullet drop is for marksman style weapons, which the burst rifles strongly lean towards rather than away from.

It has it's strengths, and it's only weaknesses are really the faction traits other faction guns have. I will say you will shoot the pants off of a T1B at mid and long range with the Equinox, because this thing is much more controllable, and much easier to shoot.

The Gauss Rifle Burst is in a -very- nice place, and it's 670 base MV (HOLY CRAP! That's better than most Bolt action snipers, AND it can have HVA -too-!) mean it -basically- doesn't have bullet drop, but if we do the maximum dps potential of the GR Burst, vs, the Equinox, the VS actually comes out on top in a DPS comparison. So, the Equinox is going to keep up with the GRB, and out perform the T1B at range. IT will struggle a bit with the T1B at CQC, but it is still fully competitive with it in damage per minute, as the 42 round magazines of the T1B also come with a much longer reload time.

All told, I love all three, and the Equinox has made me dust off my Emerald VS toon plenty of late. (I despise playing VS because I hate being on the faction with most population, and Emerald the VS routinely have 10% more pop than either other faction, sometimes more, and win a supermajority of alerts). I like to help the underdogs, not empower the powerhouse. But the equinox burst is fantastic.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ximaster

Another person that has been enlightigned by this weapon :D Ah,and Vanu its the same on Cobalt,usually win all alerts.
  6. Alexkruchev

I've taken up playing on Connery, as pop seems more even there. Lots of NC, but, hey. I don't mind that, as I find NC the easiest to fight against... given I'm very used to being focused by them as TR, since nobody ever wants to fight VS on Emerald. Enjoying the change of pace. Though... I find myself feeling very capable as VS across the board. I've yet to find anything about them that makes me feel at a disadvantage to other faction. My guns do same or more DPS as NC, and often match TR point for point, while out doing them at range. The Equinox though, this thing is godlike. I was landing chest and headshots with a 1x optic at 200+m reliably.
  7. Ximaster

I have mine with x2 scope,supresor and forward grip. It saved me from death a lot of times :D
    • Up x 1
  8. Corvus Corax

The only thing Equinox Burst doesn't have going for it is refire time, not as fast as say the TR's T1B. But you don't need it to be because you could be blind and still achieve at least 30% accuracy with it.
  9. Erendil

The Equinox Burst also suffers from the same issue as most VS carbines/ARs - low DPM.

Having 30 rounds in a 143-damage mid/long-range weapon means that you basically need to utilize cover more in order to take advantage of its lightning fast reload and basically reload after every kill.

If you're caught out in the open where you have to confront more than 2 enemies, you're dead. At least w/ the T1B (and to a lesser extent, the Gauss RB) you have the ammo to take on 3 enemies w/o having to reload.

Thankfully the Equinox's higher accuracy and fast reloads mitigates the low DPM issue somewhat.
  10. Ximaster

Please tell me,and i dont want to open new thread,i have the normal version of the Equinox VE2 (not burst) i have equiped with soft point ammo,x2 scope,fire suppressor and the grenade launcher,so i question about grenade launcher,is useful????? I never killed any target in combat yet,but testing on virtual room,it does low damage,including in plenty hit in target,so whats the utility of the grenade launcher???? Killing weak targets??? I would need to spend credits on forward grip instead grenade launcher????? I select the grenade launcher thinking that it does more damage and because not all weapons can carry grenade launcher,im little dissappointed with the damage of the grenade launcher,but the things done are done,and now i want to find utility of the grenade launcher,so please,anyone its using grenade launcher???? There is videos in youtube with that secondary weapon of primary that shows some kills with grenade launcher????
  11. DarkStarII

I'm pretty sure the test dummies in the VR room are mildly bugged and don't receive splash damage. I'm not 100% sure though.
  12. nehylen

As it's an entire matter entirely, it would've deserved its own thread.

I've tested the grenade launcher a few weeks ago. Basically it throws a 800ish (on infantry) damage slug with 2x headshot multiplier, which will detonate for a 700ish explosion (on infantry/Maxes); detonation which will ONLY happen if it hits something >10 metres. 700 is of course the damage at the center of the area of effect and falls very fast, though i do not know in which proportions.