Bunkers are coming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pikachu, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Pikachu

Short video
    • Up x 3
  2. TR5L4Y3R

... eh is ok ... nothing mindblowing to me other than a different indoor battlearea ...
    nice to have nontheless
  3. Liewec123

for a moment i thought they were making these the spawn rooms,
    2 tiny exits in the wide open area, able to be surrounded by vehicles.
    it would be a HE nightmare :p
  4. LaughingDead

Now that, that right there, is an interesting idea. Hard logistics are hard to keep up when defense knows how to defend, attackers spamming vehicles simply can't put it into foot power in order to keep pressure, this definitely seems like it could be a good mechanic.
  5. ColonelChingles

We already have tunnels and teleporters to multiple shielded "bunkers" in many bases. In medium to large fights, it generally doesn't prevent spawncamping from happening anyhow. I'm not really seeing how adding in these types of spawns will improve things.

Ideally, hard spawns are removed altogether, or cease to function under enemy attack. Any hard spawn is going to be camped, because they have predefined exits. It doesn't matter how many you have or where they open up to. Just see how Tech Plants work, where an outplayed or overpopped defender is going to get camped regardless of the number of spawns and tunnrels.

Getting rid of hard spawns altogether means that defenders have to rely on Sunderers. A mobile spawn that the defenders set up, in the form of a Sunderer, is much more difficult to isolate (particularly if the base is open to vehicles). This also means that the defenders will be engaging in counterattacks from outside of the base, not trying to grind through the enemy from inside the base.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ziggurat8

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that's a secondary spawn that's capped by vehicles.

The idea is that attackers roll up on s base, clear the outer defenses and cap the bunker point (mounted vehicle captures). Once they secure the bunker point they have a spawn room that can't be killed by C4, a lib, a MAX a tank a harasser or one of the other many ways a single or 2 man team can completely remove attacker spawns with relative impunity.

It won't remove the need for deployed sunderers because you'll want multiple fronts for pushing an offensive. But it takes the strain off of sunderers when an organized squad dedicates itself to clearing the attacking sunderers and completely defeats an attacking force in under 90 seconds.

The defenders will have to push out of the base with vehicles to resecure the bunker spawn from attackers.
  7. LaughingDead

Thinking on it more, I believe it's actually a great idea.
    Two things happen in planetside that do not make any sense or are fun.

1. Spawning purely off a beacon to defeat an entire base
    2. Holding one point to cap an entire base without operating outside of that point.

Enforcing that you need a vehicle to cap and defending team to both get the point back to stall and kill the bunkers point outside accomplishes that you need to not only win, but resoundingly win. While it does motivate more stalemating, it does make it more strategic in taking a base instead of drop, go to points.

I mean, it's a step, I'd like more objectives that actually affect the base fight, like collapsing a tunnel that is supported by a gen or etc etc. AMP stations are actually cool fight imo.
  8. BrbImAFK

If it serves the same purpose as the towers in PS1, I'm all for it. ANYthing that'll allow a fight to keep going while a sunderer is replaced is a good thing imo.
    • Up x 1
  9. pnkdth

More dynamics in fights. All for it.
  10. Pikachu

Soon we might be able to build entire underground bases.
  11. CaptCran

Still wish there was a back cap timer just to give more time to get to the next base......
  12. Shadowomega

Not impressed one bit.
  13. The Shady Engineer

I like it. 3 point Amp stations where securing a point gives out a temporary spawn are some of the best fights in the game. Extending that holding point = hard spawn mechanic to other bases can only be beneficial. Especially to vehicle players who will now have an actual stake at capturing territory.

Hope to see it go live soon. Way to go Daybreak.
  14. Pikachu

On PTS now. An unconnected capture point in open space controlling the bunker spawn room.

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG][IMG]

[IMG][IMG]
  15. FieldMarshall

Just to clear up some confusion, this is meant as a hard spawn attackers can capture (with vehicles.)
    Hopefully they will add this to grindy stalemate bases to make them less tedious.
  16. Pikachu

Changes to Ti Alloys.

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
  17. Pikachu

Looks like Ikanam indoors got it's own skyfile now, that of old Amerish night. I bet it will be fun for people getting the skybug from it. Eternal night for them wherever the go.
  18. D.M.B.-681

[IMG]

P.S. Push new Ti Alloys to live servers, please. please, please, please.