[Suggestion] Bullpup Weapons

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by CrimsonEpsilon, Jun 5, 2014.

1. CrimsonEpsilon

There aren't many iterations of magazine fed weapons. All in the middle of the gun by the trigger, except the VS. Because batteries... and nanites. I thought it would be cool to have a bullpop carbine or assault rifle, but for now I will focus on carbines.

Bullpup Weapons would have a relatively good hip fire and accuracy with the trade off of reload speed and fire rate (A little Less). The versatility of these weapons would be great.

NC: NC-27 Impaler

Damage: 167 (Because NC)
    Reload: 2.5 Short 3.5 Long
    Fire Rate: 577 RPM
    Magazine Size: 30
    Muzzle Velocity: 635
    (Hipfire accuracy and Aim accuracy would be TBD)

TR: T4 Shredder

Damage: 143
    Reload 3.0 Short 3.7 Long
    Fire Rate: 652 RPM
    Magazine Size: 40
    Muzzle Velocity: 615

VS: Horizon VS6

Damage: 143
    Fire Rate: 625
    Reload: 2.2 Short 3.1 Long
    Magazine Size: 30
    Muzzle Velocity: 590

I hope you guys like the Ideas and if you would change any of the stats please do so. Some of these may match statistics of other weapons so if I accidentally brought in the same stats of another weapon please tell me so and I will change them a little.

Thanks for the look :D
    -CrimsonEpsilon
  2. ShotgunGuru

3. Heyitsrobbie1984

if any bullpup resembles a Famas G2 i would throw cash at the screen
  4. MuchachoBob

what about mah bullet velocity? And since these are carbines, I'll just assume their damage will drop two tiers.
  5. Iridar51

Well one of the selling points of bullpups is that they can confine assault rifle's long barrel in a weapon with dimensions of a carbine, so bullpups should have AR-grade velocity.
    • Up x 3
  6. Skooma Lord

I would love to have Assault Rifle Velocity even with similar damage drop-off as a carbine. In my opinion that is one of the things making Assault rifles direct upgrades from some carbines.
  7. Iridar51

There is no reason for damage drop-off remain at carbine tier. Bullpup is basically identical to an assault rifle, but with some parts swapped around, so it would make sense for bullpups to be almost identical to assault rifles in stats.
    Maybe slower reloads - due to arguably less convenient magazine placement, and maybe better hip fire accuracy, on the account of the gun being easier to maneuver with, because it's shorter, and its center mass is better placed just above the holding hand.
    • Up x 1
  8. Epic High Five

Bullpup?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  9. Skooma Lord

Yeah that makes sense. I just typed that because I can't stand really slow velocity weapons. This would be a great thing to add to the Light Assault and Engineer in my opinion. It would make shooting people with nano-weave at further ranges a little less painful. Also, if we got bull-pups weapons I would want them to be Empire Specific, not N.S.
  10. MuchachoBob

Yeah, I know, that's why I asked OP. He doesn't seem to be around though.

The NC one is looking a lot like the razor.
    Maybe we could get better minimum damage for that long reload?
    Hipfire would have to be worse, I guess, because otherwise the razor would be sort of useless.
  11. SeanFree

Bump up the RPM's a bit (NC-600, TR-700, VS-650ish) and I would welcome this as a great addition!
  12. Lucidius134

Would be neat if this was a new weapon type all together instead of a sub-type weapon.

Make it Engineer/Medic perhaps?

Not gonna get too into statistics since i'm already suggesting something different.
  13. SeanFree

Engineers already have everything a LA can have as well as battle rifles. Medics have the best weapon class in the game (IMO) in assault rifles and battle rifles. LA deserves to be a bit more special than a jetpack and some ****e grenades.
  14. Lucidius134

I will agree with you here.
  15. ShotgunGuru

Here is my concept for an NS one, or maybe just a concept for all of them. Enjoy!
    [IMG]
  16. SeanFree

I was hoping they would all just be ripoffs of an AUG :p
  17. Heyitsrobbie1984

[IMG]
    Should make a NS version of this puppy with the trigger guard in the front like the famas has on its rifle
  18. Sandpants

Only if it fires cutey rays that colors people's camo into a rainbow.
  19. Iridar51

"If you're feeling bad - hug a cat. There, there.
    Now you're not the only one who's feeling bad."

[IMG]
  20. ShotgunGuru

Looks too much like the NS 7, but I love the Halo series though