[Suggestion] Bullpup Rifles?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by fives23, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Lucidius134

stats don't seem very NS'y but an NS Bullpup would in fact kick ***
  2. fives23

I love that TR carbine/rifle (please be carbine :D :D :D) but I wouldn't want the burst guns to end up looking this cool. They don't deserve it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Skooma Lord

I think that if they ever came out with bullpups, they should be for L.A. and Engineers. They would be like carbines(good hip-fire), but they would have velocity and range on the same or about the same level of assault riles. Maybe a longer reload would balance it out though. It would be better if they came out with bullpups for A.R.'s and L.M.G's too though.
  4. Lucidius134

Bullpups are assualt rifles that are compact and carbines are short assualt rifles. It's really a toss up.

AR's are already the most well rounded. We already have CQC AR's. I'd lean towards making them Carbines but we already got long range and close range carbines too. SHRUG

Let's not forget that carbines are balanced off of assualt rifles with -1 tier damage drop off, muzzle velocity and + hip fire COF. I don't think you can make several bullpups that are just carbines without the penalties without gimping it another way (max damage, attachments, ROF).
  5. JohnGalt36

Firing bullpups IRL is like driving a lawnmower with your teeth. Such great ergonomics, but rounds exploding right against your jaw is not that much fun, at least on full-auto.

Not really relevant, but I have always enjoyed that analogy.
  6. fives23

I know most bullpups are ARs and a few SMG's and rifles here and there I'm more concerned with wether my most or least used class will get something cool.

If the S varient weapons became bullpup versions of their predecessors I would be set for life.
  7. fives23

Using the TRAP-M1 is like trying to kill someone IRL by jamming them in the eye with a meterstick I always say.
  8. Lucidius134

Not the way I would go about balancing anything when brain storming.
  9. Shadowomega

Well Planetside 1 did have a Bullpup weapon called the Punisher, it has been on of the most requested return ARs to PS2.

[IMG]

Someones Planetside 2 version of the Punisher
    [IMG]

One day it might return. However, I don't think Bullpups should be limited to AR and Carbine Class only as there are a couple real world weapons that would be considered part of PS2 Light machine gun class. L86 comes to mind. Its a Light Support weapon, LSW hint hint Pulsar LSW.

[IMG]