Bullets not registering hits

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jet Uppercut, Nov 29, 2012.

1. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

That's good info - I'll see if I can get more consistent behavior with some targeted Heavy Assault tests. I can't say it's 100% (I play a lot of heavy) because I haven't noticed this problem, but it could be timing with some other triggers - and it could be with certain launchers or factions.
  2. SlicedGB

Ah yes my mistake, I jumped the gun.

I also think that what you'r saying would be helpful but I think alot of people still wouldn't read it or even care whats on it.
  3. FlR3

I have to agree with Beltway on this as this has happened to me also with HA, I also noticed that on some people it doesn't matter if they are infantry or in a tank the shell passes right thru them. I've had my tank shell pass right thru their tank and kill the guy behind the tank but the tank takes no damage, figure that one out. This has happened several times since last thursday and everytime I'm like what the heck thats BS. It happens with TR and the NC and I'm sure the VS also. Like I said it seems to only happen with some people, not all.
  4. Beltway

Thats another weird thing. I've never noticed it on my Vanu character. Only NC and TR, regardless of rocket launcher. What makes the VS projectile different than the others? Could that be a possible connection?
  5. Mordegar

If you want to test that reliably, go to Miller between 8pm-10pm CET and play around in a Base of your choice under attack by a Factions Zerg. Once a high number of enemy fight around in one area, bullets won't start registering on an enemys hitbox. I had this happen more than once and also on moving or strafing Infantry. I have emptied a carbine clip once into the side of a crouching Enemy only to get shot by him shorty after with no bullets registering on his hitbox. The crosshair was perfectly set on his hitbox.

I also noticed that once a Zergfight happens, strange stuttering and lag will occure in fights that feel more like bad frames per second instead of actual lag. I had this happen more than once with a Framerate over 30.
  6. Moob

I have this issue too, with enemies both standing still and moving, but naturally it's much easier to tell when it's happening when they're stationary. Typically I see the issue after I already have hit the enemy a few times.

Possibly related, tonight I put a knife in the same enemy 3 times -- All three times the enemy did the animation that players do when they get hit with a knife, but only the third hit registered as an actual hit (red flashy indicator) and I got gunned down afterwards.
  7. Arcanum

Sometimes I can damage infantry to the point they should be dead, but it takes one extra second for the death or damage to register. But it might just be lag, as enemy movement also behaves strangely, as if the characters instantly change speed mid sprint. And also I can see enemies slowly aiming at me as I go around them, sometimes I die after I reach cover. Other times grenades damage me once I'm out of range.

It would be helpful to know my in-game latency.
  8. Trignite

I had this happen too pretty rare though I am also sure its not lag
  9. olievlekje

That your bullets don't register happens all the time normally i run around as Rambo and noticed while i cant hit them with bullets its still possible to knife them so it isn't lag.

If it was lag the server would have sended me the wrong location information but as i seem to be able to knife them its something else.

You notice this a lot when you use the under-barrel grenade launcher almost 50% of those grenades don't register and i know as i mostly use`em point blank while my shield goes down from the explosion the enemy with just had a grenade exploding on his head had 0% damage from it.

THIS IS GAME-BREAKING FIX THIS STUFF
  10. Moxin

I expirience this aswell since game release....

1) AA MAX
    2) hit the plane and you even see the explosions on target
    3) no damage/ no reduction of his health bar
    4) sometimes he flies away and his health bar gets reduced

1) Infantry
    2) opponent is shooting at you
    3) I run into cover
    4) I die behind the cover or get hit
  11. ItchySox

I've been seeing this since beta duelling. We shoot, I register hits, I die and the other player is 100%. I just put it down to lag etc. Same thing for me in B*3 btw.
  12. Jet Uppercut

Yeah hit confirmation is wonky sometimes. I can fire 18 bullets point blank at some people and they come out of it only losing 3 bars of shield. I trialed the Pandora earlier and point blank I was having to 3 and 4 shot kill some people, but was one-shotting others. The bullets being completely ineffective just seems to be an extension of this.
    Either way the game is incredibly difficult to play like this. I try to stick to using just infiltrator and support classes because of it.
  13. unAimed

I have thsi problem with the underslung grenade launcher on TR. I'd say 50% the explosion doesn't register although it's rigth on target...
  14. Vehan

This is not a lag or population issue at all. I experienced this last night on a low pop server in a 1v1 dual that lasted almost a min, not one of my hits registered.
  15. NIkonov

Guys, think back on the scenario that this happened, were you using Reflex Sights? Chances are you most likely were. Ever since that time on beta that the reflex sights got bugged (they were magnified), and they "fixed" it, it seems they fiddled with something on the reflex. They even remodeled the NC and TR's little red dot on the middle of the reflex sights. Try out you favorite gun with iron sights and with reflex on real combat scenarios. With everyone that I've discussed this, and played with reflex and iron sights, we all came to the same conclusion: Iron sights are more consistent and more accurate at all ranges they than current reflex. There are almost none or no missed register hits.

Bottom line reflex sights are broken right now, they were perfect before the beta magnification bug. And for anyone that is not aware of this bug, I include two screenshots from the beta, when the reflexes where bugged. Check their ridiculous sizes and compare it with a regular reflex today. Sorry I only found the NC screenshots.

[IMG]
    and
    [IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  16. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

There are many comments here, so it would be good to include some extra details with anything you're concerned about. It's difficult to tell from some of these descriptions if you are counting on the red hit confirmation or are wondering about the kill confirmation screen and the health/shield/vehicle damage from there. The indicators in-game over peoples heads are JUST health and don't show shields.
  17. Jet Uppercut

I wasn't having any trouble last night on Briggs.
    Trialing the Thanatos all of my hits seems to register fine.
    Not sure if the Pandora has more spread or something but it was very consistent with it's shots, I was 1 and 2 shotting just about everybody.
    My bullets were also more effective, but it still takes a suspisciously long time for some people to die.
    I'm not sure if it's lag or not but I end up firing half of my Carbine's clip to kill people sometimes.
    Hear about ten thunks each time before they die and the red X only flashes maybe once or twice so the shots are consistently landing, are the VS guns really that weak or is this lagging hit detection?
  18. NIkonov

Cycles, when the reflex sights were "fixed" after they bugged at the last week of beta, they became a little weird, sometimes you connect shots on players, even at point blank while ADSing and the person taking the fire just wont die. It is very hard to explain, but the 'feel' is that Iron sights are much more dependable. The best written example I can give you is this: At 10m using a iron sights while ADSing, it takes you x seconds and x bullets to kill a target. At 10m using reflex 1x sights while ADSing, it takes you x + y seconds and x + z bullets to kill the same target.
    I don't know if I was able to transmit the message, but it seems that with the Reflex sights a good amount of the shots don't register. At any range using the same weapon, and the same mouse recoil compensation technique, me and all my friends will kill targets faster and more accurately using iron sights instead of reflex 1x and 2x.
  19. zuppers

I've had this happen while using a MAX point blank against infantry multiple times and it's so annoying. Bullets just bounce off the wall behind the guy.
  20. ItchySox

Just to add, I am playing exclusively HA using reflex sights at the moment both x1 and x2. I did play LA for a while the other night with iron sights and I thought I saw an improvement but I put that down to it being a different weapon. Now that Nikonov has brought this up I'm going to try with iron sights next sesh and see if it makes a difference.

Btw, Both enemy bars remain at 100%.