Bullets not registering hits

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jet Uppercut, Nov 29, 2012.

1. ThePackage

Standing still or moving, it doesn't make a difference. It usually happens when there in a massive battle.
  2. Hexcaliber

I am sick and tired of reporting this, I even tweeted Smelly and complained on Facebook trying to catch someones attention and still got no answer. In one instance I emptied an entire 50 round clip at point blank into someones back only to have them turn around and kill me, its fkn ******** and not worth playing until its sorted.
  3. Admiral Snuggles

Now that you mention it, I think this happened to me once or twice in like a 5 hour session last night too. I thought I was just extremely unlucky because I was hip firing and was totally incredulous that none of my bullets registered. Of course, this happens at sunderers to me all the time. Dudes just spawn at the sunderer and they're invincible for like 2 seconds.
  4. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

Thanks for taking the time to report all this, and I know it's frustrating. I'm going to make sure all this gets added to the bugs we've entered. It looks like there are a couple of different things going on here.
  5. Falaris

I know the pros and cons of bug trackers but it sure would be nice to see a list of things you have accepted to work on so we can stop posting over and over on the same bugs you guys are already working on. It might make seeing the posts about new issues easier. Also it would allow a single spot to check status so we can stop asking over and over in different forums and different threads.

A simple Table:

Bug / Feature Request | Status

Hit Boxes off | Researching
    Weapon Trials removing Boosts | Comfirmed - Completed - Closed
    Gal AMS | Future - possible - 2013
    Win8 dinput8.dll errors |Researching - Confirmed - No ETA
    Bring back BFR's | DENIED PERIOD
    ETC.

I know you do not want to commit to anything so leave things vague but at least post something so we know you have heard/considered/agreed/denied something! This could save a lot of confusing posts on the forums and save the moderators weeding through the repeat posts. I tried for this in beta and never even got a response, or a why or why not. I see a lot that could be gained through a little documented status, but also understand there could be business reasons it is more trouble than it is worth. I would just like notice that someone has considered.

-Fal
    • Up x 1
  6. TheCornHoler

And thank you for taking a look at it for us :)
    • Up x 1
  7. Julfo

Happens to me to since the latest patch... Moving and non-moving targets :(
  8. VengefulGhost

I've seen this a few times already. Once using a carbine at close range, but once point-blank with a rocket launcher against an infiltrator. Did no damage at all.

Actually, you can witness this bug on one of Higby's playthroughs on Gamespot or IGN, I forget which, but they had a situation where they couldn't harm anyone with bullets and then the server crashed on them. If it happened when the game was being recorded for a promotional thing it's probably fairly wide-spread.

Likely server hiccup/issues?
  9. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

That is one of the issues here. If the server or other network link goes down then all bets are off, sorry. :(
  10. Fuse

I've run into this issue as well, and there was a 3rd party witness to this once when it happened to me.

I was sitting on a balcony and there was an enemy player below me looking at a doorway. I fired down at him and it looked like my bullets went straight through. I asked my friend if he saw me shoot and he confirmed that I did fire on his screen and he saw the tracers going towards the target. No hit marker, no damage dealt. A few seconds later another friendly player came out of the doorway the enemy was watching and was able to get the kill no problem.

No idea if that helps, but there it is.
  11. Jet Uppercut

Just gonna bump this up from the third page in-case anybody else has anything to report.
    Appears to be a pretty widespread bug at this point.
  12. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

Bumps are not helpful (and technically not allowed), and "I've got that too!" are interesting but also not helpful. Details about specific incidents are (most of these replies are very helpful).

I know it's hard because usually when you come to post on these forums you're frustrated about something, sometimes very much so. It's also really frustrating for us because we usually can't give you an instant fix. It may take a while to find a way to verify the problem and then track down the cause, and after that code the solution or fix the broken data and test it, then stage it for large-scale testing and finally deploy the patch.

It's especially frustrating for something like this because I watch for these things all the time :( (I wrote part of the code involved in the shooting mechanics) and I haven't seen anything unexpected since weeks before we launched. This includes all of my test machines. That doesn't mean I or anyone else will ignore it by any means, but if we cannot cause the problem to happen it's substantially harder to understand the cause of your frustrations and even harder to actually fix it which just means it takes longer.
  13. Rarzk

I've had numerous occasions where the first 2-3 shots fired will seem to 'miss' but subsequent shots hit far more reliably, both on stationary and moving targets. Funny thing is that I only seem to get this alot when using Automatic Firing Mode, even when manually burst firing. If I swap to Single Shot or Burst Fire it becomes much easier to hit, and subsequently register those hits, on targets.

In a head on CQ fight where the target is constantly strafing it sometimes becomes impossible to hit them even when accurately following their model on screen. Sometimes you have to lead them to hit them and sometimes you even have to drag after them. It just seems very unreliable.
  14. T-G-K

I have experienced this multiple times too, inducing a considerable amount of rage when it happens. I can see the rounds bouncing all over the enemy but then they snap around and POP POP POP!!! I am dead in a few direct hits, then find that I did ZERO damage to them when the killscreen pops up with the killer. This happens to me quite often but they are not constant. And Note that this has happened to both stationary and non stationary players. Matterson
  15. SlicedGB

I have also experienced rockets not registering.
    As far as I know all my bullets hit, or at least I think so but rockets are a different story.
    It normally happens after I spawn but not all the time. I pull out my rocket launcher to take out a tank or surrunder and I can clearly see it hits but I get no hit markers. I reload then it registers, some times it takes 1-2 tries then the problem goes away for a few hours.
    One other way it doesn't hit although I could be wrong, but it seemed clear to me while helping to take over an Amp station that if I don't see the hit then there's a higher chance that it wont register. There was 2 Surrenders and 3 tanks bundled together, I shot the rocket and knew it would hit so hid but received no hit markers. I done it again and got the same story.

I play on the Cobalt server.

If I can get some video evidence of this then I will post it here, but it will most likely be very difficult.
  16. Falaris

This entire response could be helped with a bug tracker. You could keep us informed of status so people would not be so frustrated. And yet you clearly have read this thread since I posted and cannot even give me a "Sorry we cannot do a bug tracker" response. A simple acknowledgement would be appreciated.

-Fal
  17. SlicedGB

How can you track a bug when you don't know what the bug is, how it works, whats causing it and so on..
  18. Beltway

Thats strange that you guys seem to get it every so often. This happens 100% of the time when I am heavy assault. My first rocket is a dud, so what I do is shoot one in spawn rearm and go about my business. I can't say I've noticed it for rifles though. Would recording a video of the incident help?
  19. Falaris

Please read my previous post in this thread where I explained in more detail what I am talking about.

-Fal
  20. PEETREE

Same thing happened to me tonight. Horrible lag too.